New member perk

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Qwantum Abyss, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Charon Lead Content Designer

I recently pestered about animation packages actually. ;)
    • Like x 8
  2. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Excellent
    Look, you need some of us to come down an apply some pressure? Lol
  3. Blight KOBRA Commander

Keep it up.

We realize re-coloring set color pallets for the power sets would be a gigantic undertaking, but at the same time it's one of those that would actually pay off. I hope you're reminding your colleagues that the driving idea behind this game from it's inception was to let players design their own superhero/villain. Thus customization is one of, if not the major priority. And as it's been suggested by Deity, it's something that the player base I'm sure would even be willing to pay for (I know I would and I'm a lifetime member).

But again we come back to the problem of how gargantuan a task it would be, no question, not just technically, but yes, also legally as well (@#$%ing Warner Brothers :mad: ).

Even if it wasn't a wholesale open option for being able to recolor all the power sets (I'm not even gonna guess what a headache that would be for you guys), than perhaps just offering 2, 3 or even 4 different color pallets for certain powers. Trying to recolor certain powers like Earth, Sorcery, Nature, or Munitions, would be daunting and maybe even unnecessary. But other sets like Fire (already mentioned), Mental, Electricity, Atomic, Quantum, and yes even light might be a little more do able and would open up a helluva lot of options for players.

So we hope you'll keep up nagging your team about this because, even though the extra goodies and hero/villain crossplay are nice additions in the coming update, THIS is something we really need!
    • Like x 1
  4. Magnificent Loyal Player

[IMG]
  5. Liko Well-Known Player

Agreed. I have my hopes set low for the new green lantern hbo series. I was pissed when they cancelled Green Lantern the Animated series not over ratings, but over toy sales..
    • Like x 1
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Lanterns are the black sheep of the dc comics worlds lol. No matter how good they are they are always made out to be “ok” lol. That meme of hal punching darksied and just getting swatted down like a fly….. ok dc….
    • Like x 2
  7. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I really don't support this idea, as it could distort the power/destroy its identity and possibly cause visual complications in certain situations, the only such change I'm willing to agree to is for "Heat Vision" I'd love to be able to change the colour of this spell to match the dominant colour of my power !!!

ps: I'm still waiting for the lantern heal power and not a disguised power or anything to not do it, just a real lantern heal, which we deserve to have! ;)
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

A change like that needs to be all or nothing, I think. No exceptions, no special rules. Treat every power the same. So if one or two can't have it, none should have it. I've seen special rules applied in other games and it just leads to a lot of avoidable headaches and angst.
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Fire herself might be a reason why green Fire powers for players would be a no-go, though. DC's protective nature can be unpredictable at times, and from my recollections you can never reliably say where they're going to step in and say no to something.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Just give us healing lanterns. Make Indigo the ones.
    • Like x 1
  11. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

I want to change Impact Train construct to John's Truck construct!
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

But this isn’t like other games. The game can’t just change whatever they want. The changes have to be approved before it can even be implemented.
  13. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

PERIODT!!
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I know. But it's really the best way to approach it.

Think about it like this: working under the thought that DC has some say in power colors (wouldn't surprise me if they did), let's say DC approves power color changing for all powers except Light and Rage because of canon. So you have two powers that have to be paid for to gain access to (either through sub or purchase) that can't participate in a change that is purely cosmetic in nature AND that is allowed on all the other powers in the game, including the other pay-to-play power sets.

Knowing this player base, do you think that'd go over with an "oh well" attitude? LOL

I went through this kind of stuff with Jedi back in the day in Galaxies. Even after the NGE, LucasArts was still hands-on enough with the game that Jedi had to follow certain cosmetic rules because of canon, and it remained a sore spot and point of contention with the Jedi part of the player base until those restrictions were lifted.

No special rules. No favoritism. Treat all the powers the same.
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Like it or not that’s how it works. Either no power gets the options or everyone except lanterns. They aren’t gonna let lanterns get the option just because we want it.
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If DC were to make that call then I'd say none. I'm a big advocate of fairness, especially when it comes to cosmetic stuff in the game, and the fairest way to handle it if an exception had to be made would be to not do it at all.

Mind you, I wouldn't mind playing around with power color changing so it's not like I'm against the idea. But fairness for all players and power sets should be at the forefront of the decision-making.
  17. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I’d especially like alternative munition skins. My pirate whipping out a bazooka is a bit out there

Imagining big-gun skin as a pirate cannon, mini nuke as a bundle of tnt dropping, etc
  18. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

As far as color changes, id love to be able to make my mental character have black animations, that’d make him complete
  19. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Sell something that removes the red slashy aura from Sorcery and you're my hero. :)