New lockboxes are ridiculous

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by pyroshade13, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Circe New Player

On a side note - I believe there is a greater chance of getting Slim auras now. Before, had never gotten one. Since Lockbox update, got like 2.
    • Like x 2
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

And that is exactly why I proposed my other suggestions that will highly increase the chance of getting something you want. Isn't it a bit selfish to ask for items to be tradable just so YOU can get that ONE piece you want above all? That's the problem here, these items becoming tradable would be a disaster for the rest, but you can afford getting your wings and then you fly away from the rest not caring the least about the problems it would cause for everyone and the economy itself.

I understand the idea about putting these styles in the lockboxes, I truly do, they swap two flies in the same time with this idea. The idea is good but the execution became a bit sloppy, too many styles that shouldn't even be in there, too limited in the number of boxes. My suggestions fixes this pretty well and still give Legendary members and Promboxes a purpose. Your idea of making the items tradable for your own personal needs of 1 item destroys it for everyone else. We got enough of that mentality on the forums already. Please think more constructively about things, this is not YOUR game, you're here with plenty of other players that want certain styles just like you.
  3. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

The Compound Omega is pretty rad! Always happy to take one of those when my other options are horrid.
    Compound Omega FTW! :D
    • Like x 4
  4. Backseid Devoted Player

There's absolutely nothing wrong with these items being tradable. I love how the poor think it will "destroy" the world. Lol. Get real.

The only reason our economy is "broken" is because we have exactly 2 objects to sell.

1. Collections - only a few are worth a crap

2. Exos - well they became kinda useless when Recover Kits came about. Now? Even worse.

If you don't have money in this game, that's all on you. Using the broker is as much a part of the game as raiding is.

Case in point? I have 18+m and don't do squat to get it.

USPC
  5. Xanoth Dedicated Player

I've no issue with later tier PVE styles being added.

The loot table has what 800 items on it? I've no idea how long it would take people to get any give PVP set in full from drop boxes alone, with luck it's possible soon, but on average it could possibly be years.

If someone really wants a particular PVP set, they'll PVP for it. It's something they have control over so if they want it, they can play for it.

I wish it was that grindable to get marks for PVE styles... rather than having lockouts on all methods of getting marks, with PVP you can do it all day long every day and always get the reward, even if you lose.

I'm also PVPing mostly for styles and while I'm only on the 98 set, it doesn't bother me that PVP styles are in lockboxes for reasons mentioned above, it's just not dependable, you might never get what you want if you just wait for lockbox drops.
  6. Sbel Devoted Player

I agree. And their prices in the broker seem to be going down.
  7. Kreachure Committed Player

8. Veritasum Loyal Player

So they added a new (previously non-existent) way to get rare and previously unattainable styles and it's cause to complain. And the logic is that we should get these styles easier and more often and tradeable so they can be placed in the broker for "millions." But if more people get these more often besides yourself, I would argue that demand would lower, thereby eliminating the "millions" broker prices. I am missing the logic.
    I think the lockboxes are cool at this time.
    • Like x 2
  9. Abstrakt Loyal Player

I actually like them , i can get a compound a mark or some style either my main or my alts may not have. Ive gotten maybe 20 or so...ended up with 7 or 8 villain styles i didn't have a few compounds and some random hear styles...my favorite though was a fish tank ;)
    • Like x 3
  10. jedirobb Well-Known Player

Always this complaint.

Nothing is ever good enough or fast enough. If someone does not get a item in a month they lose their mind...

"I ran this 20 times"
    "I opened 50 of these"
    "I worked every day of my life"

Shut. Up.

It is a GRIND. It is not supposed to be easy or quick. Styles take time. Base items take time. Skill Points take time.

TIME IS WHAT MMOS ARE MADE OUT OF. You are supposed to invest TIME to the struggle, otherwise, there is no reason to play.

Your next argument will be "I have everything, why should I play?".

Shut. Up.

Go forth and grind and reap the rewards of your patience and dedication.
    • Like x 5
  11. SkullGang Devoted Player

But 800 styles though ? And a box every 6 hours of gameplay ? Lord have mercy....
  12. Superskull85 Devoted Player

And then have them add even more styles down the road making it even harder to get the specific style (or the now elusive aura) you actually want.
  13. jedirobb Well-Known Player

Yea, but many, many of these styles can be acquired in-game and not reliant on Lockboxes... this is just the "easy" way to get those styles.

The fact that we can, in addition, receive previously role-specific AND cross-factional (villain/hero) styles is AWESOME!

These are, to a degree, gifts... not unlike the rare-styles Vendor. They didn't HAVE to offer this cool option, but they did.

Even if it takes another two years to complete styles, the fact that you CAN complete styles is, again, awesome.
    • Like x 4
  14. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

Fished the vault, literally for years, to acquire some styles now an option in lockboxes :mad:

They have their moments of value and definitely better than the constant single mark and a Standing Sarcophagus I suffered for months.
  15. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Personally I have nothing to complain! I am enjoying it! This much better than it was before!
    • Like x 4
  16. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

After years of grinding and playing DC, this is becoming my argument. But I still play. Sometimes I log on, do absolutely nothing but chat with league mates for a while.
    • Like x 1
  17. Sylo Committed Player

This would all have merit if the game was thriving. Right now as it stands, 800 styles + RNG + absurd 6 hour drop rate = possibly taking years to complete a style. Problem? There is no guarantee this game will last for years to come.
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

Time and place, my fellow grinder, time and place. I always support grind but you do know why this was implemented right? I have never felt this low of a population even in the summertime when population usually decreases. This implementation was suppused to attract/reattract people to get online and keep playing, but the way they just smashed 800+ styles into the box killed it for many, hence destroying the main thing this implementation was supposed to do - attract people.

No one says that this new implementation isn't better than the old Prombox, it is truly better. But there are so many styles in there now that I can't understand why. There are some small changes to this they can make to make it an even better attraction and still keep the grind-aspect of it, as I want it to be also.

The suggestions I mentioned a couple pages back was this: Permanently reduce the time neede for a lockbox from 6h to 3h and bump the number of stylechoices per box from 2 to 4. These are simple changes that highly increase your chance of getting something you want from the crossfaction-styles.

If they want to go even further, they can actually remove styles that are already a reward for briefings and collections for example, since you can get these on your own, along with any style you can buy from a vendor for only cash, IE "biker, paramilitary etc etc", or any style already included in the vault.

I am with you, I hear what you are saying, but when this is something implemented to attract people and every 6th hour online they get a style they couldve gotten from the vault or any easy, low level instance, then the attraction fails. Especially if said person have spent enough time to collect 20+ boxes only to recieve next to nothing of interest.
  19. Vesper Dedicated Player

The only 2 styles from Hero side that I wanted were the Archangel shirt and the Huntress-inspired shirt. Got both the first day this went live.

I finished all the old lockbox styles ages ago and I don't care about the base items. I may toss the occasional style onto my army of alts here and there, but overall I shall be very happy to just get stacks of Compound Omegas from here on out.
  20. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

It would undermine a benefit to having a Legendary membership; that benefit being lockboxes.