New lockboxes are ridiculous

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by pyroshade13, Aug 3, 2015.

1. pyroshade13 Committed Player

I've opened over 40 lockboxes and i've not gotten the blood bat wings....this is not right. Makes these styles tradeable and have them not be able to complete the feats like buying base items in the marketplace....or something because this is....
    • Like x 2
  2. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

I wonder why these aren't tradeable. These could actually create a new economy for dcuo
    • Like x 3
  3. Biester New Player

This is..............to ensure you continue to subscribe. It's been like this for years with some styles (sharpshooter) and I absolutely hate it but what can you do besides complain?

I despise luck-based drops and think there should be a way of obtaining every style in the game as long as you are willing to put forth the time and effort. The devs seem to highly disagree with me.
    • Like x 2
  4. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I am somewhat starting to agree.

After like 25 Lockboxes, not a single one was an Iconic hero style, except one which was the Sunstone Bulwark chest... Not exactly cool considering it's just an S instead of a Z...
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Just bad luck I suppose. I've gotten 5 or 6 hero pieces out of the 15ish boxes I've opened.
  6. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

.........My am I always so unlucky...:(
  7. Jak-Man Committed Player

Yea, still don't have my Nightwing chest.
  8. Minnion Devoted Player

This.

So... I guess it would make sense, if we didn't have that pesky escrow cap... Seriously, if it were trade-able odds are the really rare styles would go for millions on the broker...(And thus having access to enough cash to buy the styles you want from the broker would be another incentive on top of the chance of finding the style you want from the lock-boxes you get to open without a key...)
  9. areacode8O8 Committed Player

This. I've gotten a few useful pieces too. You should cry more about the vault. Havent gotten anything useful in almost a year... Well, not counting the 1 MoV
  10. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I really wish they would of put all the styles on the marketplace and been done with it if they want the money that way I can get the styles I want .
    • Like x 3
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

These styles should DEFINATELY NOT be tradable. It wouldn't be good for the economy, the prices of crossfaction-styles would skyrocket for people to get as much as physically possible for them. Anything to get an extra buck, no thanks, it wouldn't help anyone not rich enough.

They should remove some styles from there to increase the chances of actually getting something useful in terms of crossfaction styles, there are just too many styles in that box right now that I'm not even sure why they were put there in the first place.

They could also let us chose from 4 style-choices instead of 2 and maybe consider decreasing the Lockbox-time needed from 6h to 3h PERMANENTLY. These are small changes that would make it a whole lot better. I don't see the need of putting them in the Marketplace or rare-style vendor, it's a good thing having them in the lockboxes. Just make sure that people can actually get something they want from it after spending enough hours online to get their hands on as many boxes as possible.
    • Like x 7
  12. pyroshade13 Committed Player

It would be amazing for the economy of dc because people would undercut other people to make prices of rare style cheaper for the buyer AND if you don't have money to buy anything you could open up a lockbox and all of the sudden have money. So people with no money would get money.
  13. Supergirly Dedicated Player

That is not how economy works. Poor people could not afford to post anything for as much as they are worth. So they would not be instantly rich. If they don't use the broker, they are open to scams. No, do not make it tradable, ever. The whole point of the lockbox is for Legendary to have something that others cannot get, without buying the keys.
    • Like x 3
  14. Zneeak Devoted Player

You have no idea how economy works in this game. Either you're one of those looking to severely take advantage of and overprice these crossfaction styles, or you just have no clue about the economy. People are still trying to push out every little extra penny they can on exobits for crying out loud, something you can easily get whenever you want. Imagine if years of cross faction-exclusive styles suddenly were available to trade? The undercut you're talking about would still not be enough for the average player to get because of the high pricings. This would ONLY benefit people that already have a lot of in-game currency.

These styles should stay untradable, it adds to the uniqueness of it all. But I do still stand by what I wrote earlier, you know, all of those improvement-parts you ignored just to answer the "trading" part.
    • Like x 3
  15. Pults Loyal Player

Is the disciple of parallax style in the lockbox?
  16. pyroshade13 Committed Player

thats not true because almost everything else in a lockbox was tradeable.....like when the green/slim auras came out. the only thing not tradeable was actual gear that effects progression.
  17. pyroshade13 Committed Player

you seem to not be understanding the economy. if you're using exobits as an example then you need to remember that exobits were 20-30mil for stacks of both bits and bytes and now its down to under a mill (i play on ps server). and if a player doesnt have a lot of money this definitely benefits them because they could put a style in there for a price thats meaningful to them. Lets say i have only 20k to my name and i put a rare style in the broker for whatever the max is i can get for 20k then my money has just grown exponentially and will increase even higher the next time.

And i never ignored nor said any of your input was a bad idea. All the other parts of your post are viable but you the effect you think it will have on the economy is wrong because people arent going to buy styles from the person selling it for 20-50mil no they're going to be looking to buy it from the person who doesnt have a lot of money so they can get it for a cheaper price and the person without the money now has money. Then the people that will try and post for 20mil or higher will have to now compete with the person selling things for a mill or less until they both can find an equilibrium. Economics
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

Please don't just copy what I say and throw it back like it's legit. It's obvious you are trying to take advantage of these styles for the sake of overpricing, you don't care or know about the economy, you just want the big bucks from yet another product you can overprice. Overpriced items IS what will happen if these styles become tradable, there is no reason trying to deny this. Your constant denial and "good for the economy"-nonsense just proves your true agenda more and more here.

No thanks, I actually care about these styles, not the potential cash you could get from them. Let's work on ways to make people get their hands on these styles a little easier, not the make more people a little richer through taking advantage of styles people wanted for years.
    • Like x 3
  19. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

Because there is no winning with things like this. Making them non-tradeable everyone raises hell about it creating a new source for the economy. Make them tradeable and they are only cattering to the 1% that will be able to afford the good styles and not the "normal players" these topics are always amusing to me because no matter what they do people will complain. But I do think that the styles should be tradeable.
    • Like x 2
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Actually styles that came in lockboxes weren't originally tradeable it was changed by the devs later on some time after styles like cybernetic etc were introduced.

I'm not convinced opening them to trade is beneficial to the economy either, given how broken the economy in this game already is. I do think however the devs could improve it a little by either increasing the drop rate of the boxes back to 3 hours, with the insanely large loot table you theoretically will never see the end of it even at that drop rate, but it does increase the overall good sentiment felt by the playerbase when they see the boxes slightly more frequently.
    • Like x 1