New legendary perk and way to bolster old content ques

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lukelucky, Apr 7, 2018.

1. lukelucky Devoted Player

When u run old content say T6 u are given T6s best gear fully nodded AND just like test server u are allowed to swap powers at will.

This would help que issues and group builds. If we need a healer suddenly the legendary player could switch to nature or electric and get full healer gear. Add rewards like stabilizers or qwarks. I am sure players have reward suggestions

Want to entice players to run old content add a special set of skill points (obtained at tier). NOT part of the idea but could be a sweet addition to the game

Would u consider this a nice perk and would it intice u to run old content at a reduced strength? The power switching at will would be a great way for players to enjoy old content and is a nice way to showcase powers for those who contaplate power changing
  2. majosea Dedicated Player

devs cant money off this idea , swap powers at will .
    thats why there are power respect in the marketplace
    got to keep the servers up some how and the request
    Add rewards like stabilizers or qwarks again devs got make money .
    giving rewards like that the less money players spend

I do think dev should give 1 power respect as a perk promo for members
    like a member gift would not hurt, to try get more members but it have to limited to 1 or players would abuse it
  3. lukelucky Devoted Player

Swap power only in previous tiers and as far as can't monatise the idea...

The very best sell Dcuo can make is membership. Sony stated f2p was not producing revenue on par with what they expected from a subscription model. So much so S.O.E was sold. Selling sub's is ideal profits AND it puts more people in ques and available to spend money elsewhere

Lastly let's say I wanted to switch to fire but the power reviews both roles are mixed at best. Run old content and compare fire to ice to earth to atomic and if its decent u switch. Plenty of people hold off switching in fear the power is uh not good. A free trial equals certainty

Some won't change because they tried it free certainly but some will plus it adds fun experiences and adds so much to do in game. We have a ton of content plus it does indeed increase the value of a sub
  4. majosea Dedicated Player

I know tons of players to switch powers alot , and give the option of change power at will , will be a big lost of money

A free trial - thats what test server for as far powers ,content ect
  5. lukelucky Devoted Player

U r missing the only in past tiers part. I swapped powers as often as anyone when i played daily prior to RNG destroying the game. This would in no way slow down my power changing. Not even a little bit.

Lets say you are fire and try atomic in a previous tier. U love it but end game u r still fire. You now become more tempted to switch then if u never touch another power

Yes it can work the other way but regardless it can add sales, it does increase sub value, it does incentivise running old content, it does add to the games and if it puts u in old content many of us dont ever run then it helps bolster que times

Thats called the good out weighs the nad. Opinions vary so maybe u still disagree and if so cool no problem but i love the idea for multiple reasons
  6. Miss Adora Loyal Player

maybe if they gave legendary a free trial base to try out new powers for say like a day or two for e try out powers in game. like a monthly thing. each month a chance to try a power out.

As for op suggestion, most people like to dps so I don't see anyone going to switch to the role a group needs and willing to use lower gear if they already at maximum cr.
    • Like x 1
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

They pretty much do. It's called 16 free character slots.
  8. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

What I wish they do is for legendary players ..

take the timers of wraps to anywhere.

Give them a key per day for capsules.

allow more than just 2 lockboxes a day.

Let us trade some dropped gears to alts to level them up faster.

Be able to run at least each instance such as raids 2x a week without reset instead of just 1 and log off.

Cut broker fees slightly.

Slight increase in nth material drops.

Cut R&D requirements for mods by small % (ex. Instead of 32 exobytes, you just need 25)

I'd like to see something like these. And to be honest while your idea sounds good, I think it's too much coding and work and time consuming for them to do that for older content. Like some said they won't make their $$$ and if they cant get a dollar outta you, then its def a no go.

But our perks, our legendary needs some buffing in its perks or add some new ones as well. Because as it is now imo month by month its losing its value. Yes we have our cash, yes we have access to all dlcs, but just slowly keeps losing its value to me
  9. lukelucky Devoted Player

I know nothing and i mean nothing about codeing so maybe it would not work.
    If it is easy well i believe they would not really lose anything big picture wise. The best get dcuo can get is someone to sub up and keep the sub.

Lets say i am a die hard fire player (i am or was) and despite that in old content i try atomic. I normally advoided it because it seemed complicated but suddenly i am enjoying it. Maybe rage melee dps is not so bad in old content i ran to death and know very well. Any number of situations could lead to me deciding a new power is fun to use and lead to a change

Personally i am tired of the events. I want devs to keep expanding the game and to be direct events seems like a way for newer players to catch up. Because the population is low enough some tiers cant form raid groups. Just a guess mind you but seems like its a possability

My idea
    bolsters legendary
    Makes old content fun again
    Helps ques
    Gives players a chance to learn in tiers NOT end game
    And could lead to some power change token sales.

Could take a few away sure but it adds a lot to the game so i think it needs looked at if its possible
    • Like x 1
  10. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I have had some time, coding for my job at one point let me tell it ain't easy lol. Its pain in your behind, depending how complex thing your doing . In this case only allowing power change to lower content will just introduce more bugs and def more time. And with the way DBG been handling things, the first things that get fix and comes out are the stuff that makes them $$$. Followed by quality of life updates, hotfixes here and there.

I get what your saying I'd definitely be up for it. But I just dont see that happening at all. Same reason why they haven't allowed us to change factions or mentors. They said it's too comllicated
    • Like x 1
  11. lukelucky Devoted Player

Selling subs is or atleast should be number 1 priority. That is the golden goose. I know some will swear it was replays, then it was booster bundles and currently time capsules but thats not even close to subs

I am disapointed hearing the coding aspect i just figured as often as we can change on test locking end game would be minor. As i said i know zero about it so thanks for the insight
  12. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Most of the time the coding that's on server is already been worked on and test by developers before going on test. They dont just slap codes together and then throw it on test. So yea it is a bit complicated.

And honestly I doubt selling subs is their main goal, at least no any more. In my opinion their goal is to keep pushing products like TC, booster bundles and anything that will not then the quick cash. Yes they are a business and I dont hate on them for that, but just dont like how they are going about it.

For ex. Ppl been asking to get powerset auras, and what happened? They behind these boxes with RnG instead of it being in MP for a flat out price. I'm not gonna name everything but that should be a decent example to how they operate now a days.

We have so many issues that I wish would be fixed but to them that's quality of life type fixes and aren't considered important. Broker needs a major overhaul, and needs something badly done about the lag and how much it suffers if you use it because theres 100s of others using it.

Theres bugs and glitches in older content that haven't been fixed at all and they just ignore it because A. Either there ain't enough ppl to complain about it or B. They just dont go to forums to speak up regarding the issues.

Yes we do speak out from time to time and see some fixes and some good things here and there. But I want them just take 3 months or so to sit down and just run through all th bugs and glitches and try to iron at least SOME of them out. Make it more smoother run for ppl.

So until we see changes like that. I cant see them ever in fact have you be able to switch powers freely in early content if you over geared and passed it already. Again coding gonna be a B, and if it ain't gonna make them $$ they not gonna put the work and man power into something like that.
    • Like x 2
  13. Miss Adora Loyal Player

true but didn't think of that at the time
    • Like x 1
  14. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I do agree with a key a day for tc boxes. But I think R&D needs a complete over all ad the number of exobytes, simple and complex needs adjusting all together. But wouldn't mind a small percentage less for R&d requirements for mods on top of that. Shouldn't cut broker fees. Nth metal drp, they drop like candy already. Lockboxes should get an increase in drop rates, I think I might see one like every other day now if that, seem like it's super rare right now.
  15. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Yea they do, but I hardly see the blue or purple 1s. Only time I see them is in vault on reset. I haven't had much luck with them which is why I suggest that. And broker fees yea I could get pass that. It doesn't really bother me, I was just giving suggestions, maybe devs can pick it up and do something with it. The lockboxes in my experience is very very weird.

1st from the info I gathered through devs/GM is basically every 6 hrs you should see 1 drop, and in order to them the next day (test this 100x) you NEED to be on and playing at the same time you did yesterday. For ex. If I get 1 at 3pm. And next one at 9pm, then tomorrow i need to be on and playing around those times again to see them drop again. Idk how everyone else is experiencing it but that's how its working for me and I think its bogus , legendary should get one every 3 hrs at least.

R&D yea either way you look st it it just needs a overhaul regardless. Only reason I suggest that we get like mats reduced by 1/4 or even half of requirement because I honestly dont see the devs putting all that work in it at least not any time soon. So this is like a bandage for now till they get the R&D reworked.

Either way, our legendary needs a bit of buffing up. Just seems to lose its value. Some ppl might argue that having all dlc and access to all your cash is way more than enough. But I disagree, because those that are legendary do spend money outside their legendary, and support the game by purchasing other things as well. Hope this year we see 2 things at least or hear good news. 1. We get some sort of upgrade on dc, at least us with ps4 pro if they cant do it to regular ones but I hope its everyone. Get some new physics , maybe enhanced animation or transfer the game to a new engine already. 2nd some quality of life stuff, like what we are talking about, perks, R&D , broker and so on
  16. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

marks from all content...1 stabilizer a day...you run the mission ...you get a stabilizer...put more things in Prom boxes and make Prom boxes great again
    • Like x 1
  17. lukelucky Devoted Player

Pro.ethium lock boxes got a ton added to them but they also got a new name and became a fee for sub carriers. Dcuo calls them time capsules

This is all the info we need to know proving sub carriers pay the bills not premiums. Why rip players apart who actually support the game when u can simply sweeten the sub deal and gain customers?
  18. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

They may have added new stuff to the Prometheus boxes, but I haven't seen a single one of those. I keep getting the same crap day after day.
  19. lukelucky Devoted Player

I was being sarcastic saying time capsules are the updated lockboxes.