new Idea for material and styles

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by speedster1981, Nov 21, 2018.

1. speedster1981 Committed Player

Is it just me or would anyone else like this in DCUO? Wouldn't it be nice the devs would incorporate the option to use our materials in place of our color pallet in styles so you could have multiple materials you've collected on your style pieces. just picture wearing a styles like speed metal with Furious or void material on the red and glorious or red phoenix material on the white spots with sparking or scorching material in the creases as well as in the eyes. now wouldn't that be SWEET!!! if they did that it would make each character more original and we could be more creative with our styles. It could also encourage us to try harder to get the materials we want for our styles.
    [IMG]

The possibilities could be limitless

[IMG]
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Try Harder?

Uh outside of the materials that are in Starro and Titans, there's no trying hard associated with any of these mats lol.

But I am for this idea, or for them to let us place these mats into individual parts of our costume pieces.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This is not a new idea and they are not able to do this.
    • Like x 2
  4. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

The devs have said this can't be done.

However, they've apparantly updated the material tab on the test server. This change in & of itself seems unnecessary, therefore we can hope that's it's a prelude to either unlocking mats, or being able to add them to individual colour slots.

It's unlikely, but it would be a great, & more importantly (from the company's perspective), it should be pretty lucrative.
  5. Dene Devoted Player

There are very few people who would say this is a bad idea.. If it it was possible, i'm pretty sure the Devs would do it.. but they have stated a couple of times that it is not :(
  6. speedster1981 Committed Player

what I meant by try harder was that people would spend more on stabilizers to open the older time capsules for the mats they still don't have.. which would cause dcuo to make more money especially if they had a sale on the stabilizers sure the cost would be lower but more people would be buying them. It would be nice if they would put the old mats in the marketplace too.
  7. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I wish this could be done. I feel like materials in color channels could make for awesome customization but I don't think it would be possible. If it were if the devs could somehow make it possible it would be worth it to get more materials
    • Like x 1
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

This would make materials far better than they currently are, definitely.

I'm partial to the Adaptive Android style. What appeals to me with that style is the glowing regions, especially on the hands and boots. If I could change those glowing regions into the powerset materials, or the Green Hacker material, or even the metal into the Stealth material, I'd be extremely happy.

Unfortunately, due to how the game handles textures, it just isn't possible to do it, currently. I don't think it would be possible unless they went back and changed some of the fundamentals of how the game renders styles, too. So I very much doubt it's going to happen. But definitely agree that it would be amazing, and if there's any possibility of it happening, I'd love to see it happen.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dene Devoted Player

my DCUO xmas wish (lol) is that the new Mat UI will magically lead it to it lol
    • Like x 2