NEW GODS MOVIE w Ava DuVernay directing it

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by mexmex, Mar 15, 2018.

1. mexmex Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  2. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Not a fan of her work.
  3. Controller Devoted Player

I wish her well.

From what I've read she is a capable and talented Filmmaker.

New Gods could be epic for the DCCU.

Make Jack Kirby proud, Ms. Ava.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

5. Controller Devoted Player

Grace Randolph (if that is her name) should give Ms Ava a chance.

She is being overly negative.

"As if DC movies thus far - save for a couple of them - have been smash hits"........

As a huge DC fan their movies have been largely embarrassment to me.

Give Ava a chance.
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If she was willing to give A Wrinkle in Time a shot (some considered the story to be unfilmable, from what I understand), she's definitely got a decent chance at something that can be just as out there with New Gods material.
  7. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I have to agree with Grace is Disney thought she was any good they would of locked her into a contract and she would be doing Marvel or Star Wars movies. I really don't think the movie will happen.
  8. Controller Devoted Player

I get that, but with the recent string of disappointments with the DCCU I still say give her a chance.

I bet no one thought Black Panther would be any good, either.

Can Grace Randolph offer up any other alternatives? Rather than shooting down someone before the film is even made?

I bet she can't.

I mean...WHAT ELSE can go wrong with DC movies? Seriously?
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

actually black panther was a success from the get go.

the new gods relative obscurity could work to their advantage but dc already tried for a "guardians of the galaxy" type of "accidental hit" with suicide squad.

i have little hope for the upcoming dc movies.
  10. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

For the most part, pundits/critics are more worried about the New Gods as a movie than DuVernay directing it.

It is definitely not a general audience title and far from easily adaptable into a movie script format.
  11. mexmex Dedicated Player

12. SuperBell Loyal Player

Wasn't she in talks about directing Black Panther, but she wanted to do something "different" with it rather than sticking with a superhero movie set in the MCU?

Oh god, I really don't want some agenda shoved in my face.