New Fire AM DPS help needed. No power...

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Rebel230, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, that or Wildfire. Point is that I think a lot of folks think once the AM is up, you just have to spam FB or MD.
  2. Ultra_Kryptonian New Player

I had problems the other day, but I'm thinking there was a hotfix last 24hrs as now I'm seeing complete turnaround in power return, damage, etc.

Btw, check out the Trailblazing Guide to Fire: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/trailblazing-guide-to-fire.632/

That thread has been going for Fire for over two years. Complete breakdown on powers, energy costs, roles, etc.

As far as keeping up AM and power return w/damage, I'm finding a good power bar of BD, Inferno, FC, FW, FB and anything you want in slot 6 (volcanic for my finisher). No power issues. Good damage. Easy to recover from interruptions.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Technically it juggles them, but most of the time they end up on their butts....they can breakout (just like we can) and end up on their feet but it helps a lot especially where there are a lot of crappy adds like in Necro or Arti. Give it a try...like someone else said, it's not high DPS, but the juggling side benefit helps IMHO.

Reinheld
  4. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I noticed Fire is very power hungry and power regen is slower compare to ice and gadgets.
  5. BearsF0RLife Level 30

Agreed!

Switched from Ice dps to fire, first power I ever played but and I don't get why everyone is saying fire is OP??

Dropped in damage by a ridiculous amount, maybe its my load out idk........ burning deter ,inferno, fiery weapon, fireburst also tried it inferno, fiery ,burning deter, and fire burst...... I know the whole thermal absorption, spam fireburst ect ect ect........

The AM is aaawful.

Maybe im missing some em???
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

The thing is...Ice is OP and its the FOTM power.
    • Like x 1
  7. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Here's what I use. I rarely run out of power unless I get interrupted all the time.

-I start with clipping Burning Determination and Fiery Weapon
    -I use Flame Cascade to knock down and it benefit from the power regenaration and can use it if the blue flame are almost gone.(You can hear the sound of the flame and know when it will stop.
    -And I use either Fireburst and Mass Detonate.
    -For inferno, I use it after clipping BD and FW and I spam Fireburst.

Spam fireburst will always restart the power regenaration unless you are interrupted and you have to keep the regen active.
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

lov the sig
    • Like x 1
  9. bagofboom Committed Player

HA! You said "Meatball" :D I don't know what that means but it made me laugh. Auto-correct? (Not insulting you, just found it funny) Long Live DCUO!!
  10. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

It's Meteor Strike, which looks like a meatball falling out of the sky.
    • Like x 1
  11. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Doesn't Thermal Absorption also work with Volatility regardless of whether the target was Burning or not? I could have sworn that's how it was worded, though not necessarily how I thought it works.
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Old post. I was mistaken. I think I was recalling use of Absorb Heat separately.
  13. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Ah dang. Didn't notice that. I'm too used to Reddit's post mechanics nowadays...