New event is already a whack.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dianatique, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

KK, I finally got the PlayStation updated and ran through the content. It's so not that bad. The solo was fun, and a little challenging in that you can't just stand still and fight everything at once. The 4-player Alert was standard fare and simple. The raids, though... I can see them being very enjoyable when you have people that pay attention to THE BIG RED LETTERS on the screen. The mechanics of the encounters are neat-o, and if I wasn't the primary healer, AND the carrier of the Sun Sword, AND the only person who understood how the Alloy worked... it wouldn't have been as frustrating.

I haven't done the dailies/weeklies yet, as I wanted to go through the mission/story line. But so far, I like the content. Not as much as Iiked JLD when it was first released (I really enjoyed JLD throughout its lifespan), but it isn't as bad as people are crying about. I think people just don't like that feeling of learning something new. It's not a headache, it's just your brain making new connections and memories! ^_^
    • Like x 2
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

I've just recorded a video of me running the solo as a Battle Healer in Renown Vendor Gear, no Artifacts, no Soders, no Trinkets, no Tactical Mods. Do I really have to upload it?

*Note - I even forgot to put the Feet Armour on.
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

First things first, there's no such thing as Flavor of the Month Powers anymore. It's Flavor of the Season Artifacts. So power hop on your own dime.

Second, you can farm Nth Metal for free and 75k isn't going to get you too far.

Third, earn your feats like the rest of us.
    • Like x 1
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

But that's just WRONG. If I pay to have another power when it's good, why can't I go back for free when it's not good? It's not like I don't own all of those powers anyway. I should be able to switch for nothing. And if 75K Nth is nothing, why is it a big deal? And those Feats I missed? They got missed because DCUO made me jump to endgame. They should either give me some Replays for it, or the Feats.
  5. The Game Well-Known Player

people need to read this and stop crying. They added the speed vortex to the context and that's whats hitting yall hard...
    • Like x 1
  6. Great Architect Loyal Player

Are you saying I can't just DPS the boss and WIN?

This DLC sucks.
    • Like x 1
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

???
    Completed the Solo first try.
    If a picture is worth 1000 words.... how much is a video worth?? 1 Billion words? ;) ;)
    • Like x 3
  8. MrMigraine Devoted Player

For those who are truly content-gated because they're having problems with the Solo - have you tried the Event Version?

It might at least get you to the Open World areas, and might help you learn the mechanics of the fight.

Good luck!
    • Like x 3
  9. Proxystar #Perception

sounds like someone isn't avoiding the orange vortexes.
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the solo, it is actually a decent test for the players to have to pass to earn the rewards from it,

It is only difficult if you ignore the mechanics and have zero situational awareness as to what is going on and are more than likely not using an exceptionally poor loadout and taking a horrible approach to beating the bosses.

Solo's are where people start to learn to play the game and this instance does a good job for once of pushing players to up their game just a little bit.
    • Like x 5
  11. Proxystar #Perception

You can thank me and and at least ObsidianChill for asking for this solo to be buffed, both him and I gave pretty extensive feedback on this solo and ways to improve it, which it would seem many of our suggestions were adopted.

I certainly don't speak for ObsidianChill, but I personally think this is finally a decent solo and apart from the reskinned environments the boss fights hit hard enough and have mechanics to keep you engaged and having to react to your environments.

For too long people have queued solos just expecting a 2minute smash and grab on the loot.

This may not be the solo a tiny number of people want, but it's certainly the solo we all need and deserve.

Hopefully this solo will help a few players take this situational awareness into alerts and raids.
    • Like x 5
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I think the difficulty on the endgame version is fine, but if you literally HAVE to finish it to even access the open world as I’ve been hearing, I’d say the event version needs to be ridiculously easy to avoid locking people out.

EDIT: Also, if you and Obsidian alone are responsible for this solo being tuned like it is, it’s a tad hypocritical to go on about a “tiny number of people” being selfish for wanting things a certain way.
    • Like x 1
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

I dont understand how ppl can struggle finishing a solo, i mean u have a supply, a cola, a sidekick which means u have 4 lives and then u have shields which prolong ur lives and supercharges... oh i forgot the healing barrel.
    • Like x 5
  14. Shalandor New Player

I honestly have no problem with the mechanics of this episode so far and enjoy the reasonable challenge the content provides but my complaint lies with the incredible amount of reuse of old content here.Aside from the last raid,nearly everything is resused content,from the bosses,maps and regular enemies.Solo=Reused Central city with the flashback and Flash museum maps joined together.Open world map=Reskinned E3 Gotham.Alert=Batcave from early content with old bosses(Though I liked seeing Sinestro again).First Raid=Reused Themyscira and Olympus maps and enemies.The last raid felt like the only original content.The new open world Gotham Map should have been like that to sell the seriousness of the situation.I can appreciate the work the devs do for this game but this episode just felt completely underwhelming.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

We alone are not responsible, we did however provide detailed similar feedback, that was what I was expressing, I don't think our feedback was misplaced, this is the first time in a long time the solo hasn't been an absolute snoozefest upon release and even with that being said, if you're even remotely competent at this game the solo is not going to be a struggle.

I haven't played the event version, when and if I do I'll let you know what I think of that particular instance, possibly if anything that could be scaled down if it's hitting too hard, but I haven't run that version.
    • Like x 1
  16. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

This is a troll thread, right? Please tell me this is a troll thread...
  17. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Thanks Proxystar and Obsidian Chill!

I'm glad to have a more interactive solo adventure/instance where I have to pay attention, and not dread just going through the motions for one coin and mark.
    • Like x 2
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well as long as you’re enjoying it, that’s okay then. I think your irony meter is broken.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Those all sound like personal problems.
    • Like x 1
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Too late.
    From now on... we blame you.
    And just you..... since your the messenger and all that. ;) ;)

But don't worry...... no one will shoot the messenger..... ;) Other then Mepps maybe? ;) ;)

Sorry... could not resist....... maybe I should get some coffee in me before I keep on posting crazy. ;)

But seriously..... if people have a hard time with the solo.... as some already mentioned they can always play the Events version.
    Unless somehow they made the Events version as difficult.... no one should be gated from not being able to complete that mission.
    • Like x 2