New Episode: Wonderverse

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Why doesnt the apokoliptan plane register when i personally did for the battle with kalibak? All others have registered except that one!
  2. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Thinking about the world bosses & daily missions; it would be best not to spam the boss feats this very minute, but do one full rotation of bosses each day - because while fighting them you almost always automatically complete the daily missions of beat 30 enemy. But everyone's going to complete their spam this weekend. I guess not a big deal, just less efficient.
    • Like x 1
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

I want the currency, the feats are just a bonus along the way.
    • Like x 1
  4. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Does anyone see cannons in the Steppenwolf / Kalibak fight (for the feat)? Not sure they're spawning.
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

• Like x 1
  6. Immorta1xice New Player

I just wanna mention as a PS4 player could you guys maybe considering combining Nintendo switch and xbox. Reason why is because PS4 and PC have a wider population vs Xbox and switch it would be a miracle to see switch and xbox with more active players. Please respond and thank you.
  7. Aerith Rose Committed Player

We need to seriously think about making the ethers account bound. This DLC is going to kill off all my alts unless the ethers go account bound. This will not hurt anything as the gear is not ethers.
    • Like x 1
  8. Angel Vessel New Player

please add the pax di back up and damned soul back up in this content!

• Like x 1
  9. DragginBallZ New Player

Thanks for killing the alert sound. I feel like the Wonder broads are lackluster. I'm fighting Grail and I'm watching as these 2 WW do no damage or no noticeable damage to her. They sure do not help in stopping Grail from doing that special attack. If they are just there to run through the mission with us, can they bugger off and leave me to fight alone? I, like the Banksitters in the HoD & WT, can't be arsed to go after Ares et al. Less than 5 minutes to take down a raid boss...doesn't sounds quite doable. You'd think on an OW map or thing like Wonderverse you'd allow heroes and villains to chat with each other and actually co-ordinate an attack. I suppose I'm just in it now for the styles.
    • Like x 1
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I liked the alert sounds. Nostalgia for Gates. :)
  11. Earth742 Well-Known Player

I had a better experience lately, despite LAG complications, even killing me a few times.
    Two chars got their dailies done, did the solo, and made good headway on the Collections; Cheetaah E553 completed Nubia's!

The Flight Ceiling needs to BE HIGHER! I like exploring! I want to explore all those beautiful vistas!
    I say this even having a near-miss WITH AN INVISIBLE PLANE TO THE FACE!

I have discovered I greatly enjoy brutalizing Parademons & rescuing Amazons with equal aplomb.

Last but not least:
    For the love of loot, God or goddess, or whatever, in the Final Boss areas at the ends of the Alerts, add another REPAIR VENDOR! PLEASE!?!
    Nth Metals, New Augment Foods, AND THE AMPHORAS are a bit much, especially with UNSTACKABLE MEGA CAPS. I Sell 99% of them, and at times that isn't enough. We shouldn't be in danger of losing any of our Earned Rewards from any Alert/mission EVER.

ps. my playlist as I was playing:

&
    Dance Monkey - Metal Cover!

PSY-TRANCE Tones And I - Dance Monkey (Rioz Remix)
    4:52
    https://soundcloud.com/user-358375399/psy-trance-tones-and-i-dance-monkey-riozmusic-remix
  12. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

When will alert be fixed?
    • Like x 3
  13. Walvine Well-Known Player

Is Grail single !.
  14. Guamanian New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Absolutely agree. Having no cross-faction team ups in ep open worlds makes it very hard for villain toons to get things done (not sure why even have factions anymore since both sides have the same missions with the same tasks & objectives. All PVP should be switched to PVP phase).
    • Like x 1
  16. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Question on Themyscirian Exobytes: I've run through a bunch of toons & lost track of who got what. Are toons below 299 getting Themy Exo's? If not, then there's no way for them to rank up their Bronze Augs (since these new AA's take Themy Exos & no other kind of Exobytes).
    • Like x 1
  17. DragginBallZ New Player

I like that idea. One a day with X amount of HP and make it possible for people to interact with each other; hero heals affect villains too and vice versa or at least allow attack co-ordination.
    • Like x 1
  18. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

Hey I didn’t know where to put this as I am new to writing on the forums but In the new alert Crypt of Penthesilea when you teleport to Atlantis your hub is completely gone and can’t see your powers health or teammates and it just kind of hard to get that part of the alert done do you think when ever y’all get a chance to please take a look at this thank you the new dlc is so much fun and very enjoyable
    • Like x 2
  19. Earth742 Well-Known Player

The Adaptive Augments Reward Box:
    I notice not all of my alts are getting it. Is it Level-locked or something? When they were mentioned in the Livestream it sounded like low-level chars would have access to them.
  20. Captain Decency New Player

All things considered, I want to like the xpac a lot, but there is so much a player has to look past.

First, things I have learned NOT to do as a Game (Dungeon) Master;

#1. Make the players feel like they are inadequate / show the players who is boss (the GM)

What I mean by this is:
    At the atlantean invasion, there are packs with bombs.
    The bomb's timer will not start until you get very close to it.
    I kill the mobs around it first, then go to defuse it.
    The timer to start defusing it, is very short.
    I run over, and start defusing it.
    PHANTOM MOB SPAWNS!
    PHANTOM MOB HITS ME!
    THE BOMB EXPLODES!
    I LOSE 50% HP!
    ANOTHER MOB SPAWNS FROM THE BOMB EXPLODING!
    OH WOW! It feels like a troll that no one is getting a laugh from.

I know in previous missions, I have been duped by the 'OH YOU THINK THE COAST IS CLEAR, HEHE HERE!' phantom mob defense, but this time it is a cruel joke because you will ALWAYS get blown up by the bomb.

It's not like there is anyway in the world I could piece together that the bomb is a troll.

Now, If this isn't intentional, that is the issue with having used this mechanic before.
    IT KILLS PLAYER TRUST.
    When the player clears an area, and thinks the coast is safe to collect a mission item, don't have MORE mobs phantom spawn to defend even more, it's tedious, unnecessary, and goes against the spirit of an open world game where you should be able to see what is present. The original defense we saw, should be the only defense. This isn't old school Final Fantasy 3 with random battles. But hey, again, it's your design, I'm just saying it's not fun, nor does it build trust with the developers, and affects the lens through which people see the game.

(This reminds me of the unkillable lions in BoP metrolpolis. How fun do you think those were for players?
    And that's a lesson too, if you are more concerned about the lives of digital animals, over the experience of players)

TL/DR = *There is a fine line between challenging, and unfun/unfair.*

An extension of this point is:
    Advertising something as 8 player, when 20 players in good gear can't complete it. NOT FUN/NOT FAIR
    Having that boss 1 shot you through your full shield. NOT FUN/NOT FAIR
    Getting the same reward whether you get the boss to 5% or 99%. NOT FUN.
    Being stunned for 6 seconds by a cockatrice or a satyr without being able to break out and being reduced from 100% to 20% HP. NOT FUN/NOT FAIR.

#2 INVISIBLE CEILINGS;
    First, super speed intuition is very bad on terrain. Often you will be running, hit a ledge and reverse direction super speeding away from where you are going. Now, throw in invisible ceilings and you have a nightmare where you wish you chose flying as your movement speed. All the invisible ceiling has served to do was make sure that I can't get away from Ares' 1-shot. (Which goes back to unfair/unfun.)

This to me is completely unfun/unfair, because you have no idea how to determine where the ceiling is; and it favors flight/skimming over acrobatics (lol try flying in patchwork) or super speed.

(this relates to DMing by not limiting players options / ideas / plans, or forcing them down certain paths.)

#3. NOT ALL MOBS GIVE CREDIT FOR DAILIES:
    I.e. Apokalyptian invaders. I lkilled 2 mobs with the identically same name as what I needed for my quest, and got 0 credit for either. Now, this shouldn't be an issue, because I will get credit for other people's kills in the vicinity. So, it's weird that I didn't get credit here.

There are some mobs in the atlantean invasion that also give 0 credit towards the quest, however, I didn't pay enough attention to name the mob. At that point I just wanted to be done and get off.

#4. SCALING: the new content feels like epic raid content unless you have 200 artifacts. I feel there are enough grindy slogfests out there, I dont understand going that direction; especially with the engine this game is running. A water healer casts 4 heals and goes from 100% power to 0%, and the fight is supposed to go on another 19 minutes and 30 seconds lol? I hear the mental power set can't even use it's own powers and has to use iconics because it can't support the power cost of them - and now fights are getting longer?

a.) the new dailies are slogfests on alts, the mobs hit very hard; the more you gear, the less control effects work on mobs, up until around 305CR. On my main I can kill a pack of mobs in one rotation; On my alt it takes me 7+ rotations to kill one mob. I don't understand how CR works, you would think 299 would be proportionate to 312; but 299 feels like 0, and 312 feels like 10. Or put another way, having 299CR feels useless and inadequate. At the level that the new dailies are available, some players don't even have heals/shields unlocked to do these quests. Those players lose to attrition. They cannot prevent damage, and cause it at a pace to where they can out do one mob's damage and defense. I think a lot of people would agree that the scaling feels very wonky.

b.) the new single player grail fight is not fun. This goes back to the DM showing players who is boss.
    I just played the new single player on duty, and it was the Red source fragments with parademons. Grail has an AOE she drops on you, that sucks you into the center of it, that I was unable to get out of even with rolling/dodge. She can place it on you whereever you are. You are automatically placed in its center. When you try to move you get sucked back into the center. The whole time you are taking DoT, in addition to her normal attacking automatically hitting you since you cannot dodge.
    It's not a fun fight. It's like an 8 year old that wanted to make something fun for someone, but wanted to be cool instead.
    Thankfully I had a heal. The whole fight was me just auto attacking for power, healing her unavoidable damage, and and spamming potions off CD until she was dead. LOL. 0/10 Fun Factor.
    The weird thing is, single player Grail is so much harder than the 8 player version. It makes sense that yes, 8 people would have an easier time than 1 person. It just doesn't make sense from a game perspective that the 1 player fight would be more epic than the 8 player one.

The funny thing is, all the notices and notifications for boss battles. With the BoP battles, you could ignore the mechanics of the fights in the event versions of the levels. For this Grail fight, there are no notifications. So, if I was doing the aoe blood vortex part wrong, including a relevant notification on how to handle it would help players like myself, and others less knowledgeable / experienced.

(People that want to blame the player: you're right, I can pick up the slack, I just don't know how that will affect my perception of the product as a consumer, especially when you have to youtube every style in the game since you can't preview materials, or know what boxes will turn into what styles etc.)

The thing is, I have overlooked A LOT and am considering this from the perspective of a free player with less time/money/energy than me, someone who expects results over excuses, and is immune to the process of group-shaming-into-acceptance.

#5. Poseidon resets if he is brought too close to the wall of the dome he is in. NOT FUN.

Recommendations?

Look at the scaling of BoP; it was perfect.
    At level 10 people are very new to the game.
    I don't see how you expect new players to be able to tackle raid like content with 5 moves unlocked.
    I don't expect how they are supposed to know that the reason they can't do the new dailies or new 'on duty's, is because they don't have maxed artifacts.
    I guess really, I don't see how you expect people to have fun.

Grail: "Want to get away? LOL NO."
    Invisible Ceiling: "Want to get away? LOL NO."
    Diffuse the bomb and mob shows up: "Want to get away from the bomb? LOL NO."
    Dodging Poseidon's attack: "want to get away? LOL I RESET"
    Participating in the "8-player" events: "Want to do your weekly? LOL NO."
    Trying to escape the "8-player" events: "Want to get away? LOL NO." ::eek:neshot::

Yours Truly,

Scarred by Invisible Ceilings
    • Like x 1