New episode redundant & boring. Go back 2 monthly content...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KN1TE, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Great Architect Loyal Player

Additonally: If you're finding it hard to get any enjoyment out of the normal versions, come run with us in Elite. If you can.
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

[IMG]

I love this post. I can practically hear the pauses hanging in the air after each word.

"If... you... can..."
    • Like x 2
  3. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i sort of liked earth 3's save the citizens from super man mission, i just like hearing what they'd yell, and the animation is you basically punching them XD.
    • Like x 3
  4. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

On the plus side, the missing weekly probably would have been something like "Kill 545 robots." so maybe not so bad that it's not there.
    • Like x 7
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

All in all, I think Earth 3's open world is probably the best of all of them. Age of Justice is a close second that would be #1 if it wasn't for the terrible 'kill all 4 excruciatingly hard bosses that require you to phase in and out of time between hundreds of phases (hey, maybe that was the point of it) to complete a simple weekly.'
    • Like x 4
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

"Kill 400 robots while wearing the mech suit." Lol. :)
    • Like x 4
  7. recoil2 Dedicated Player

yeah i'm not too thrilled about bounties anymore, especially since if we accidentally fire on them or get too close we're dead without a group. and solomon grundy was usually in a hallway so you had to go "through" him and the 8 players in an all out war with him, just to get outside. but the scenery was nice.
    • Like x 2
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

CONSIDERABLY more emphasis on the "CAN", but that's how I thought it, but not how I typed it :). There was a question mark and a raised eyebrow on the end too, in my head.
    • Like x 1
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Would you believe three police officers and a rowboat?
    • Like x 2
  10. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i certainly liked the monthly content when it was good, stuff like the amazon fury animal themed armors for tiered gear, and the kryptonian suits too. i would have liked to see a proper ending for sons of trigon though, i was seriously thinking we might actually get to fight a full sized full power trigon. not a fan of darkseid's warfactory and blackest night/day, but that's not necessarily cause i dislike it as a whole but because they were both so difficult. black lantern man hunter and the entirety of darkseid's warfactory decimated every group i was ever in, i only completed war factory once and it was just for the mobius chair.
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I like the "kill" weeklys when the adds are bunched and easy to pick off like E3 was. Otherwise I won't miss them if they decide to do away with it altogether
    • Like x 1
  12. recoil2 Dedicated Player

on the note of the kill x open world npcs, i liked them as long as they weren't exorbitant and could be done in roughly about a day, it was some really good target practice, it sort of makes me wish we had more solo content than just the open world stuff, like entire campaigns a player could fight through solo so that it feels like a real accomplishment, plenty of other mmos even of the rpg multiplayer variety do this. i just have fun thrashing whole armies, it's my individual idea of fun.
  13. Great Architect Loyal Player

Doesn't that make it irrelevant?

It was difficult in TMI - you had to work for it. But some grind is, often, over weeks, too much grind - what I call "fat grind"... something you cannot possibly do by just logging in and running your dailies - is fine. It requires a bit more dedication. But RIDICULOUSLY fat grind - something you have to dedicate an hour to - on top of your missions - once a week is awful.
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Which is why I liked the E3 kill mission, I'd go over to the containers and pick off groups of 2-3 adds with ease and be done in less than 20 minutes. Deluge made it a chore cause the fastest way to kill 327 starfish was by the generators, and they have slightly more health than the young starros- which were scattered about
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

IMO The Weekly "Kill X" tasks could be repurposed to fit your role. Save X, Prevent X, and Stop X are viable alternatives to Kill X. I may be a Villain, but even I get bored with the wholesale slaughter of adds that are ill-equipped to deal with me.
    • Like x 5
  16. Great Architect Loyal Player

No no no :). Go to where they are binge-eating. Faster, but slower, if you get my meaning. Less adds, but more squishy.
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Role based " x amount" weeklies, definitely haven't seen that before but would be cool
    • Like x 3
  18. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Omg.... Best idea ever. You could use those missions to test out heals for example
    • Like x 1
  19. Great Architect Loyal Player

Heals, Pulls, Shields, CC, Aggro and Debuffs. Things that are currently impossible to test without a dedicated setup.
    • Like x 3
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Love the idea a ton. Would make open world even more varied and interesting. Unfortunately, some of these wouldn't work unless they redid the grouping configuration to allow you to heal allies and provide shields and power to allies who aren't grouped with you.

At the moment shields don't work that way, most heals don't and even power dumps don't. Only PoT and certain heals do.
    • Like x 2