New DLC Information Drought

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kid Multiverse, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Man, this wait between DLCs is really dragging. I'm surprised we haven't gotten a formal producer letter/ announcement yet and It's making me wonder if it's going to be quite a few months before a new DLC hits, something like June or so.
    • Like x 1
  2. Owl Devoted Player

The recent DCUO Episodes and Events coincided with DC Comics/Warner Bros. cross media events:
    • DCUO Atlantis: Aquaman Live action movie
    • DCUO Judas Contract: Judas Contract animated movie, Titans series, Teen Titans go animated movie
    • DCUO Death of Superman: Death of Superman animated movie
    I suspect the upcoming DLC will coincide with a cross media event.
  3. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Atlantis was also announced months and months in advance.
    • Like x 3
  4. Owl Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  5. Mazahs Loyal Player

I think Kid is right. Next DC would be Shazam..
    Atlantis was announced FAR in advance to coincide with Aquaman

Yet all we have seen is a pic of what appears to be House of Mystery and an updated Constantine.
    Seriously missing the boat this time around me thinks
    • Like x 3
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Well we don't have any firm date not even a month so far. BUT from the not so subtle clues some of us are kind of figuring it will have something to do with Jl Dark.... Case in point (umm cases in point?) We know we are getting a brand new version of Constantine. We know we are getting an updated outfit for Zatanna. And we also know from the clue Mepps gave us quite a while ago it will have some thing to do with what definitely looks like the Intergang Crime Bible sitting in a booth inside the Oblivion Bar.

Click on the links to see exactly what I am talking about :D

Now other than that and mainly because he's not allowed to until Daybreak tell him to all that Mepps is saying is Episode 34 will arrive in 2019. We won't get any firmer info than that until they are ready to advertise it
  7. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Considering the leaks/teases so far, I get the feeling that SJ desperately wants to tell us what's next, but is being held back for some reason.

Maybe the recent shakeups at DC have somehow delayed the approval process.
  8. PolarisSylar Committed Player

As well I thought too, suspect the upcoming DLC will coincide with a cross media event.

Like shazam movie. There is few DLC episode material related ingame about shaman.

Hopefully about more shazam/ black adam
  9. Dene Devoted Player

It is my thinking that we are all right, in our thinking

I think it will be JL Dark/Khandaq/Magic related and if Khandaq is involved then Shazam & Black Adam will be somewhere

Why ?

I am severely paraphrasing but - Waaayyy back when powerset materials were announced & they had a livestream showcasing them all, NerOfPrey made a cryptic comment about the terrestrial/earth one "we could use this one on the NPCs of..." then said something like "oohh spoilers" etc etc

Made my ears ***** up back then.. sooo that + recent spoilers makes me think it will be the combo i mentioned above
    • Like x 4
  10. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Side note, it’s great to see you back Owl !
  11. Proxystar #Perception

There's no requirement for them to release any information in advance, just because you got Atlantis information early doesn't set a precedent going forward that has to be the norm.

The length of this DLC is not at the present time inordinate in any way.

Atlantis was released November 9, 2018, making it 89 days, which is only just hitting the 3 month mark.

We're already getting teases in relation to the next episode so more details are likely pretty imminent, have some patience.
    • Like x 4
  12. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

That's an interesting theory!
    • Like x 1
  13. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I'm not just hankering for new DLC news here; I want a 2019 Roadmap. What's the plan for Batman's 80th? Is the Weapons Pass still happening? When will I get to customize my sidekick? I want reasons to get hyped!

Heck, I'd love a 2018 Retrospective, a kind of State of the Union letter. What worked, what didn't from the devs' points of view. Are the 'experiments' working? Which ones have been most successful in their eyes?

The team seems to go through cycles of great communication followed by radio silence. Why not give SJ or Jackster a monthly soapbox column just to keep in touch with the community?

2018 had some nice improvements in the area of #transparency. I'd like to see even more and on a regular basis, pretty please.
    • Like x 8
  14. Kuno Loyal Player

I have a bad feeling, I'm dissapointed. Usually we would get a year's plan with future episodes or wip development and stuff.
    But the upcoming episode leaks have been minimun, also we dont even know what to expect for the rest of the year. Seasonals, a couple of episodes and time capsules I guess.
    If I had bought the lifetime I would be both pissed off and worried.
    • Like x 6
  15. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I could have (should have?) just titled the thread "Information Drought."
  16. recoil2 Dedicated Player

now we just have to find a story: justice league dark (constantine, swamp thing, zatanna etc), shazaam and black adam, and the house of mystery/oblivion bar are all in.
  17. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Same. I bought a year sub and I'm having misgivings now. It's a shame that there isn't a more consistent flow of information from the team.
    • Like x 3
  18. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I have a odd feeling they intend this Atlantis DLC to last a little longer than normal. Only reasoning I have to back up my feelings on this is the increased cost of the OP collection. That in particular struck me as odd, as there was no real reason to make the Collection cost more except for it to extend farming by just a bit. Did the gear by chance cost a little more? I can't recall of the top of my head. I don't think it did but I'm not 100% sure.
    • Like x 2
  19. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Atlantis did release about a week earlier than the last few November Episodes (the 17th for Amazon Fury III and the 15th for Earth 3), so that could account for some of it. And the devs probably bake the double/triple weekends into their calculations now. In addition, they've added extra vendor items (and Feats) to make the Episode last even longer ... so I don't think you're terribly far off with this line of thinking.

They also put a TON of work into Atlantis. I wouldn't even blame them at all if they wanted it to last longer.

So Deluge launched on March 29th, which would make the gap since E3 about 19 weeks (and some might claim that we only received a partial episode at that). Going by such estimates, if the dev team is indeed trying to lengthen the lifespan of Atlantis, we may not see another Episode until April.

Of course, that's all the more reason for them to be up front about it in my eyes. :)
    • Like x 1
  20. The_fair_1 Committed Player

All I am waiting for is a legion of superheroes DLC they could do something again with brainiac where brainiac is using exobyte infused metas to control the future or something. The character design has gotten far better then when I played last but the animations and voice acting have gotten progressively worse, here’s hoping to a great DLC