New CR170 Character Advance!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

No. NO. NOO!! Nope! Nuh-uh! No.

Don't get me wrong, I like skill-based feats being, you know, SKILL BASED, and the dumb farmy ones... well, I personally wish they were included in such level-up bundles like this, but I can understand why those that spent the time would feel cheated, but there are plenty of feats you get just by finishing the content normally, as well as style feats from greens and blues... and I know they would add up to more than a measily 77 sp...

170cr with 77 sp... that's kick-from-the-league kind of ratio. If someone has worse than a 2:1 ratio, I have no use for them, as they are 99 times out of 100 just a carry. And 3:1? That's instant ignore-list. This is dumb. REALLY dumb. It's just creating MORE of a divide between the day-to-day players and the noobs.

I put in my time training new players. I'm not doing it anymore. If Daybreak wants a fresh influx of end-game players to the game, it's YOUR responsibility to get them up to speed, not ours, and the two big parts missing here are training and skill points.
    • Like x 5
  2. nawanda Loyal Player

I take your point. I really do. But it’s 77 out of about 390 available.

It must be really hard for a new player to get decent SP with the game being dead and the sheer amount of content. 77 SP is only a small head start, and they are both supporting the game and are the endgame players of the future. IF you don’t want to play with them, you don’t have to.
    • Like x 8
  3. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Except it disincentivizes us older players to queue the AF3 content, even if it is to get the new 120 catalyst...
    • Like x 1
  4. TestReporter Loyal Player

I don't like that some grinding feats that are easily doable with effort are sold in the cr advance (like the crates farming one), instead of selling feats that aren't really possible with the population decrease or are extremelly hard (because of the need of a group) to do. Besides that, in my opnion this is a nice idea to help people with alts, i doubt any new player will buy this. But my question is: Some1 actually pays that much to get their character to cr 170?
    • Like x 3
  5. King Smoker Well-Known Player

gathering feat? or no
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

Just so I’m clear you’re saying older players might be less likely to queue AFIII because of these boosted toons? If so, I can see why this may be the case over the next week or so (same thing happened with LHL when the CR100 boost launched), but back then we all got given two free boosts so it was more prevalent?

I’m pretty confident it will be no great hardship for anyone. They can always requeue. I do think you have a valid point, but I think the effect will be small. I want the devs to try different things to make money besides burying us under endless time capsules, which to me are a cancer rotting away at the core of the game, and I’m trying to be supportive of new schemes.
    • Like x 2
  7. BruceAsmodeus New Player

Not even worth 4500 mpc. You dont get any real feats or sp. For 45 bucks you'd think they'd give you the feats ppl dont play anymore like the ones below AF3. Give the feats n sp. Excluding pvp. Lpve then yes worth the cash
    • Like x 3
  8. Princess Zero Well-Known Player

Overpriced. I would never pay 4500 for a single character advancement. This is coming from someone who has already spent a couple hundred dollars on this game. Maybe if multiple characters could be unlocked for the same price and setup like styles, auras, and base amenity purchase in marketplace.
    • Like x 1
  9. 0riginal R0CKET Active Player

Adding an advance to Cr 170 character slot to the Ultimate Edition bundle would make that bundle truly "Ultimate."
    • Like x 5
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think it depends on which feats it is. If it's ones you'd get naturally by playing the game under normal progression to level 170, no one would care. Things like the basic styles, speed feats, 100 or 250 duels, things that playing normally you probably get anyway. The ones that are a kick in the teeth are the ones you really have to try to get, like the exobyte hunting, LPVE grind feats (which apparently are not in there), the 1000 treasure chests (part of the CR100 advance....NO WAY you would open 1000 TB by the time you hit 100 normally), PVP feats...especially 8v8 ones....250 Battle for Earth Duos, Artifact hunter in Nexus, etc.... Many of those feats took a long time to grind out and would not be attainable in getting to CR 170 unless you really didn't try to get to 170. I'm going to guess the extra 17 SP are going to come out of the lower episodes like Fight for the Light or Lightning strikes, which would mean that the 500 CC bounties will be in there....which will definitely fall under the 'no way you would get it' category. All of it again smacks of pay to win as many people would never get these feats as the grind is too difficult for some and not worth the effort for others. I don't really mind the idea of the advance, and I'm sure it will generate revenue, it would just be nice if they would pick and choose the feats given a bit more. Example, they could have given 500 of the 1000 treasure boxes with CR100 advance, then gave a few other feats that were not given to make up the .5 SP elsewhere.

Reinheld
    • Like x 4
  11. Shellheart76 Active Player

I must say, I'm surprised about the number of alarmists talking about how this will kill old content. I seriously doubt that many people are going to spend $45 to get to 170, when it's not even that difficult to get to 170 in the first place, with the new vendor prices.
    • Like x 1
  12. not_again Dedicated Player

There was a missed opportunity here. This would have sold a lot more if they would have included all of the LPvE grind feats. Oh well maybe when advance to 240 comes along the LPvE feats will be included then.
    • Like x 6
  13. nawanda Loyal Player

The timing of all this new marketplace stuff makes it look like a cheap money grab, it’s a shame they didn’t hang fire until the new episode came out and there were lots of returning players around to potentially buy the limited time bundles. The game is so boring right now. I literally do nothing other than the vault, the stabilizer duo, Love’s Battlefield and a few exos.
    • Like x 3
  14. Cjmd74 Active Player

YAY for taking a break from DCUO!
    • Like x 3
  15. Archerey New Player

Cost too much.
    • Like x 3
  16. ROOTE Well-Known Player

Wish you guys would realize that your "purple" auras are really Star Sapphire pink. The only true purple aura is the Dark Purple Slim. Maybe try creating the existing or upcoming variant auras in Dark Purple as well (for those of us who don't want pink)!
    • Like x 1
  17. krytine Loyal Player

It's not really the number of sp that they give that bothers me its they type of feats that the give away. I haven't seen which feats this time but the long standing grind feats should not be just given away. I have been a casual player for 7 years and I have 331sp I find the ways to get feats done with out being spoon feed thanks devs for making my investment In your game less meaningful thanks
    • Like x 2
  18. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Id rather pay 45$ for the ENTIRE LPVE feats.. But i would like to see what feats are given in this ADVANCE... any devs care to share? could be opportunistic for both parties..
    • Like x 3
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

no, it was a gift for the anniversary iirc
    • Like x 1
  20. THExEQUALIZER New Player

Sweet now I'll try it out on PC, supposedly PC players do more damage then console players. Lol so alot of console players say.