New Controller power

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by leapoffaithninja, Jan 23, 2014.

1. TheDCUOPerrson Level 30

Would be like Heaven on Earth with my OG Smoke
    • Like x 1
  2. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

Was thinking of making this my next project now that Necromancy is done. I just need to think of a good AM for the trees. Planning to use Shadow Powerset as the name with Umbra and Void trees (I think this is similar to something someone else posted a while back).

Suggestions are welcomed. :)
  3. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

4. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Looks like Celestial.
  5. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

6. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  7. ParadoxVanguard Well-Known Player

Just combine Shadow and Necromancer together. Call the power Darkness and have the necro tree be for pets since controllers still need a pet power and shaow tree be for combos or something
  8. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

May as well bump this.
  9. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

JSA Obsidian is in dc legends amazing
    [IMG]

• Like x 1
  10. ParadoxVanguard Well-Known Player

This power needs to happen after Water. With Shade and Obsidian as the villain/hero concepts respectfully. It can be the first controller pet power with some necromancer skills. Controlling Shadows to hinder your opponents seem more of a controller power then most of our controller powers looking at you Munitions. I think it would be cool if Shadows had some type of Intangibility skill making attacks miss for a short period of maybe something like rage crash for rage but instead of healing damage you just dont take any unless you dont cancel the Intangibility in time
    • Like x 2
  11. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I thought you quit, WB! :)
    • Like x 1
  12. XPerfectX Well-Known Player

Since the first day of this game, a lot of players ask to have a power based on darkness/shadow. I know Daybreak listen more carefully his community than Sony did in the past but no devs replies to this thread. Maybe it's time for them to say clearly what they have in mind about this, even if it's a "NEVER"! (I really hope it's not) The fans deserves an answer to go forward!
    • Like x 1
  13. iClip Committed Player

Pretty sure shadow powers were in Beta
    • Like x 1
  14. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

We could make really cool Alucard(the guy in the anime Hellsing) toons with this! :D
    • Like x 1
  15. SilverBullet1 New Player

The Only Controller power-set I want is Wind. I want a Wind Controller or Tank as it can be a primarily CC based power.

And I swear if someone comes in an says "Flight tree is your powerset", You have absolutely no Imagination or aptitude for Power Creation.

Wind would be a Power the capitalizes on the Helpless Status effect. Pushes and Pulls, Primarily AOE based, it could be Spike Damage, or DOT, it could be Combo Based. There are so many different things it could do to make it stand out. Also I think Controllers need an Element to Control with,

Tanks have Ice and Fire,
    Healers have Lightning
    Controllers Should Get wind.

and concerning Heroes and Villians who have Wind Red Tornado/Weather Wizard.
    • Like x 1
  16. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

I totally agree. I had a somewhat similar idea in the past. It takes more imagination to see the potential of wind for roles. :D
  17. SilverBullet1 New Player

There is a Plethora of Characters in different Media's who uses Wind in a Combat format. Unfortunately alot of the playerbase who cannot fathom or see it are very Close minded.
    • Like x 2
  18. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

19. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

update umbral aura and (new shadow aura) are we close to a new controller power? If anyone knows how to get this aura please let me know!

thanks
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's a random drop in the last boss fight of JLD alert.