New content, big power change update??? Something????

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by iMeMoriezZ, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Ringz Dedicated Player

........... Are you going to tell the rest of the story or...? The devs couldn't handle releasing monthly content. People complained that the content was poor quality on top of gear being useless then add in cr differental and ams.

Complaints now are ppl dont know when to expect the next dlc or small dlcs aka events are starting to replace big dlc and be counted as releasing content. I dont see how it is alright for a dev to say "We will release content whenever we want when we want" then some people have the audacity to say "players complain to much. Give the devs a break."

Talk about toxic. Only this game community though.
    • Like x 3
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea...we're fine. Take a break and stop replaying. We all talked about people like you during monthly content
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

I agree with this. Content in general has been very easy for a long time now, the vast majority of content we get can be beaten and even stomped on day one with last episode's gear, with little to no problem in general. Replay-spamming today's content to get max gear/CR is pretty much for bragging rights that doesn't really mean squat, or for completionists that just have to have everything in the episode done as fast as possible. Today's "progression" is basically just an illusion.
    • Like x 1
  4. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

There was nothing wrong with the monthly content. People whined about not having new areas and reusing old maps. I could have cared less. The content was fun and had a good story line. Gear wasn't useless either. The complaint there was saying that top gear should be in the vendor. I still disagree with that, but I didn't think it should have been RNG gear drops. It should have been like the Home Turf gear. Pick what you need.
  5. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

No matter what they do, at least 50% of the population will complain (and the other 50% will complain if they do nothing).
    • Like x 1
  6. Aren Sul Committed Player

Wild guess based on absolutely nothing, except some personal experience: We'll hear one or both of these before the end of the month. Maybe even by end of next week:
    • What's next up for a major release (probably not with a specific date - maybe the month)
    • State of DCUO. How far we've come, Where we are, and What's Next - with all sorts of wonderful plans ranging from concrete and already in the works, to high flying and we hope to do it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I for one am looking forward to maybe getting 1 month to play catch up on stuff I've been blowing off due to the grind. I used to run multiple toons on a few accounts and keep them all within the last relevant CR range. The last year I've only been able to pay attention to the 2 or 3 I can keep up with...only bringing out the others for event runs or when there is a need like after revamp. I don't get sucked into replays or buying seasonal currency, so the only option is grind-grind-grind. Last year I was smart and left valentines currency on 3 toons to buy this year's stuff, so I'm hoping for a break in Feb to work on alts or on my main getting some feats done.

Question for those of you who feel the latest content was too easy to complete....Did you run multiple replayed runs of the new raids to max out? Not a critique, just wondering. I know I saw some users at 227 CR less than a week after E3 release. I'd guess they replayed the stuff out of it and then find it boring or easy. If not, i'm not sure how you can be 'done' with the DLC yet. Bored maybe (I do find having to watch all the 'bla-bla-owlman....bla-bla-ultraman...bla-bla-evil' stuff over an over is boring), but there should still be stuff to run so you can complete syles, feats, collections, elite renown.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

i dont mind if we dont get anything till march, i am not a replayer :eek: and will be done with the E3 dlc at the end of this month and i will enjoy the 1 month break :)
    • Like x 3
  9. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Getting Skill Points means getting Feats. Getting Feats means running content to death until you have all the feats for that content. Same goes for collections, briefings, and investigations (particularly collections, if you don’t want to spend months prodding the broker to complete them).
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Ok....but none of that requires you to replay until your pockets bleed and beg for mercy. Some people are burning themselves out and getting tired of the rat race that they willingly got themselves in unnecessarily.
    • Like x 2
  11. Cica New Player

I want more betmen geer devoloopers, feminem inspierd. i want new context in september when i lvl up, thanks you in advantic. Ilove you dcuo never charge
  12. Mazahs Loyal Player

TL/DR
    I chuckle when someone complains about being bored just 2 months in since Replays make things get stale fast.
    I'll bash the devs when it's appropriate (I've had enough bans over almost 7 yrs to verify this)
    Slow down bro, even on my main toon only the one role is fully geared (guess what I don't spend a lot on?) Other side and main alt both sit at 223CR
    • Like x 1
  13. Cica New Player

get good
  14. Mazahs Loyal Player

Fixed that for ya! ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Cica New Player

ty <3 legit nerd from the streets!