New content, big power change update??? Something????

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by iMeMoriezZ, Jan 15, 2018.

1. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

Hey, I’m a villain on us ps/pc server and I’m asking are we getting any type of content anytime soon or something????? Earth 3 dlc is washed up and this event same old stuff from last year... game is in a very DRY state, asking is content even close or not. I know dlcs are SUPPOSED TO drop every three months. It’s now January and HEARD*** this event was replacing dlc content for this months drop and that we weren’t getting a new DLC till April..... if that is true that is terrible... This content is too EASY to expect it to last for 6 MONTHS. Some changes should be made to how this works or more ppl will just continue to quit..
    • Like x 1
  2. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

I'm still here tho...
    • Like x 3
  3. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

you can always make a new character and try out new power..... i'm been playing this game since 2011 and i still havnt try most of the available power.. and there is a new water power...
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

1. They'll announce new stuff when they are ready to.
    2. The Anniversary Event is a seasonal and is not replacing anything.
    3. DLCs are not supposed to drop every 3 months. AF3 dropped November 2016, AoJ dropped May 2017, RwC dropped September 2017, E3 dropped November 2017.
    • Like x 3
  5. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

it kinda weird that anniversary is a seasonal event.. it feel like it should be a major episode like starro...
    • Like x 1
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The Anti-Monitor will NOT last for 6 Months.

It will last only until the end of the month.

We could expect a new DLC in ....Feb?? March??
    The truth is that we don't really know what to expect next.

Although we can make an educated guess that the Starro event will come back...... but that is pretty much all we can guess at this point.

We will have to wait and see.
    • Like x 2
  7. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

valentine event is on Feb, i think...
    • Like x 2
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Oh yeah..... forgot about that. ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. Dene Devoted Player

YOU FORGOT???

You must have 20 stored videos of Valentines.. soommeewwhheerre???

:p :p
    • Like x 2
  10. Dene Devoted Player

My guess is.. *if* the April Rumour is true - that they will not just leave us hanging, they will add features or bring in something to bridge the gap
  11. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

I'm a leaguemate of his. He and many of my leaguemates have tested multiple powers out the last few months out of boredom including Water. It works, but after a certain point you're either tired of buying respec tokens and have no motivation to create new characters.

Yes, you are still here, I'm still here, and quite a few people are still here. You may be fine with sweeping it under the rug, but it doesn't mean that the activity level here on the Villain side (same as OP) hasn't been at a ridiculously low level. Anyone who consistently plays on the Villain server can give a firsthand account of this being a valid statement through queue times, nonsensical trade chat banter, and LFG tab activity. I'm sure a lot of people here remember that long stretch after AFIII where it seemed as though there'd never be a new DLC. Quite a few people took a break, came back for Anti-Monitor, and came back for Starro. During down periods in between these events and before Age of Justice, LFG was still just about always filled with activity whether it be Oly, GoM, or KCT runs, or the plethora of groups being made for Omega x2, GoME combos, or PVP. Hop on over here and play for a couple of weeks straight and let me know if you think it's anywhere near as active over here now in comparison to what I've described. It's exactly why a few individuals have asked on here whether bringing the hero and villain populations together would be feasible in the near future.

The atmosphere here on the US PS Villain side is quite simply demoralizing, and all the OP is asking for is if there is something potentially non-repetitive and engaging in the near future planned. He's not even getting into why this batch of Elite content hasn't been satisfactory. What exactly are we gearing up for if there is no SM or difficult content to grind for? Not to mention, why is there such a lackadaisical approach so many people now have towards raid feats or feats in general just in comparison to last year? Could it be that the saturation of feats caused by Time Capsules and events as well as RNG based feats (Man-Bat commandos, etc.) have desensitized individuals to the point where they just don't care anymore? I'm just making statements based off of what I've observed over the last year playing this game. I believe these concerns including OP's have validity from my perspective and why I play the game, but I feel from other's perspectives they do not hold merit and get swept under the rug. It is what it is.
    • Like x 2
  12. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Cry and complain. That's all anyone did when we had new monthly content. You know what was before monthly? Pretty much what we have now. And guess what I see? More people crying and complaining.
    • Like x 2
  13. Tilz Loyal Player

With the only difference that you could finish a dlc without many replay within 2 months and have 1 month of relaxed gameplay, old feats, pvp ( i know its dead). Now it's even more tedious grind and nearly no time to breath if you don't replay the content to death.
    I didn't mind the monthly content actually.

2018 is kinda young and E3 isn't too old now. So just relax and wait for the devs.
  14. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

I never used replays and I never will. I already knew it would be a while before the next content drop so I'm taking my time with it. Running older content for artifacts helps relieve the tediousness of the same content. I miss the monthly content though. Back when people were complaining about it I posted that threads like this would happen because of the wait between contents lol.
    • Like x 1
  15. Tilz Loyal Player

And you actually didn't have to mod more (what was a "main argument"). :D
  16. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Oh but people swore you had to mod more and constantly change your gear, despite the fact that only certain gear dropped each month for three month periods.
    • Like x 3
  17. Schimaera Devoted Player

On the other hand there were threads talking about how content is released too fast. I personally really like it how it is now. I have time for something else inbetween, started playing other games with two colleagues and modded my Skyrim SE with plenty of mods and I can enjoy it again. I just do the weekly stuff atm and I'm okay with that ^^
    • Like x 1
  18. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I didn't really see this point made, but if they were still trying to stick to the release schedule if an episode every 3 months, the next episode would be released in February. So the anniversary event in no way replaced it. For an episode release in Feb, we could see something on test as early as this weekend or as late as Feb 16th (if they rush it through test and release on the 28th).

Though, as someone else noted, the Devs are no longer sticking to a stick schedule for release. Their plan is to release content when it is ready. This will hopefully lead to fewer bugs and higher quality, but also hopefully won't lead to 6+ months of no new content.
    • Like x 1
  19. L T Devoted Player

Glad I'm not the only one!
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Psst...guess what...replaying to death (or at all) is not necessary. People have conditioned each other into believing it's necessary even though it's not. Just because some people with more money than sense do it, doesn't anyone else has to follow suit (unless maybe you're literally catching up). This is all a self-inflicted rat race...and you all have the power to put a stop to it. True story. ;)
    • Like x 1