Dev Discussion New Combat Parser

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Mar 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AV Loyal Player

It's honestly way better looking, more polished, and less intrusive than the forced og damage bubbles. What if you could have an option where the damage/combat bubbles have this same aesthetic? That would be amazing :O This is one of the coolest things that's ever been added to the game so its temporary nature has me like "whaaaaaat???"
    • Like x 1
  2. Project Mother Box New Player

There are a lot of esoteric ways to get round people trying to spam it. But raising the cooldown is the most obvious. Wasn't there a 20-30 minute cooldown on the original iteration of the Iconic Backup trinkets? So we know it can be done.
  3. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Will a 7 day limit also be applied to other constantly intrusive features that already exist in the game? For example pets that block you in when you're standing at a vendor or mail box, or backup/sidekicks that make it impossible for people to roll away from attacks during boss fights.
  4. DiscoSoup Active Player

Oh, I wanna keep it so bad!
    • Like x 2
  5. Batuba Developer

Hrmm found another bug....
    • Data on parser is sometimes trampled by a stampede of Unicorns called Trinket.
    Sure we'll find more.
    • Like x 4
  6. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Honestly id rather see these cool effects then numbers, i play support role
    • Like x 1
  7. webby New Player

i love the combat parser. please keep it in the game
    • Like x 1
  8. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

Bummer it expires. This is probably the coolest trink yet!

Thank you!
  9. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I agree with that decision. Is there any chance that, like past April fool's gifts, next year we will get in the vault a trinket that expires on the 8th?
  10. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

This is amazing. I love this trinket.
    Mepps, I know I said it'd be hard to top the unicorn supply, tin foil hat and the infinite time capsule but y'all have topped it.
    The first time I activated this, I learned you should swallow what you're drinking before you laugh. lol
    • Like x 2
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Another known issue:
    • Investigating reports that the parser may be under threat or need protection.
    • Like x 9
  12. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Please remove the 7 day expiration thing. This trinket is one of the most clever "fun" trinkets you guys have ever created.
    • Like x 3
  13. Midnight Man8 Level 30

Any chance of getting the past April Fool gift, Unicorn Material? I need it so bad and been waiting for it. Hope can get it back.
  14. Batuba Developer

If you run Vault, you will notice the drop rates of previous years of April Fools items is quite generous. :)
    • Like x 5
  15. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I feel the need to add my voice to the rousing chorus of 'Make it Permanent, Please!'

It is SO much fun, and adds SO much flavor to the game. It'd be a shame for it to be only a once-a-year treat.
    • Like x 3
  16. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

Probably for the best.
    I don't think keeping my screen on a Dutch angle is good for it. Keeps sliding off the desk.

[IMG]

Oh wait I'm just tilting my head yeah make it permanent.
    • Like x 2
  17. inferno Loyal Player

I agree, I love the new effects and artifact. If possible keep it with an option not to see the effects for those that might complain about it. Best visual addition in the game that is prominently tied to a DC thang.
  18. Flint Lockwood Well-Known Player

Please allow the trinket to stay. It's easily won't of THE best additions to the game in a good while.
    • Like x 1
  19. CandySlinger Active Player

Trinket adds so much flavor and levity at a time that really needs both. Almost feel like better off being removed and just an option that each player can toggle on in the settings to show up during combat. That way instead of a frantic word bubble from multiple players it just appears to users who want it on. Then if it impacts Tank visibility or someone's line of sight it was an intentional decision by the person momentarily inconvenienced by it.
    • Like x 1
  20. Chia Death Well-Known Player

[IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.