New Bonus Event: Raid the Universe

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nawanda Loyal Player

It’s a good idea, but a missed opportunity. How hard would it have been to have created an event version scaled up to current endgame? I don’t know. I know it would have been a lot more fun though.
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Mine wasn’t even a blind queue, they just assumed that a tank was unnecessary due to CR. I despair, I really do.
    • Like x 1
  3. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

This really wasn't much of an even, took me about 30-40 min total per toon. Why do we need a week to do this. You could have made it challenging by putting our stats down to the level of the raids...but come on. You could have just given us the rewards.

Quit hyping up dumb events. Not much of an event unless it takes multiple attempts and fails to finally get rewards. Let me make this clear to you...if a 308 can do a raid in less than 10 minutes not counting cutscenes, don't make it an event.....unless you clamp our stats to make it interesting.
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Mepps already answered that so I wouldn't expect him to again. Maybe take some gear off? Run a low cr alt? Be thankful we got something extra to do? Go do it again with another character, you won't get the big gift but you'll get extra stuff.
    • Like x 2
  5. BeastGamingSkill Level 30

You want a challenge? Group up with others and Remove your gear until you're the minimum CR required and go with LV 80 Artifacts only and less than 200 Skill Points. Easy fix for you.
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Actually if they wanted to run raids that force mechanics AF2 is a perfect choice. There is a room in each raid where you cannot simply blast your way through it. Also with the added fun of watching a bunch of 300+ s kill themselves while trying to knock down a primed up Punisher, yeah....should be an entertaining week. AF3 is a bit more forgiving, but yeah, do that GOM middle boss room without separating the Pheonix away from the rest or have everyone attack Typhon and try to 'kill' him with Doomspin and ground pound. Then there are the guys who are 'OP enough' blow off drinking the elixir in Oly when Zeus is attacking. I'd rather have this DLC highlighted rather than something like Earth 3 or Atlantis where it is just a punch fest until the bosses go down (as long as one guy is doing the cogs in throne that is).
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Question, for DLCs that had 'events' like AF3 or Deluge or the subsequent DLCs, is it feasable to roll the event back into production as it was then? Just for next time, if you did want to implement the idea of an 'event' type situation again? Maybe with a spiff similar to this one (a collectable box for doing X, Y, Z). Of course, it would run paralell with the current 'event' but it would allow lower level toons to run vs the fact that it's pretty much going to be OP users this go-round. Most people aren't sitting on CR 120-170 toons that long. (personally I have a few)
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There were complications with having two episodes' events on at the same time when we looked into this. Not major things, but they would need to be identified and sorted out.
    • Like x 2
  9. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Having run the raids and the elite versions, I can confirm that Mechanics are still important. I pugged and there were definitely wipes when people, even level 300 didn't follow the mechanics. It's definitely not smash through, especially with Elite.
    • Like x 1
  10. AveryWren New Player

I absolutely love this game and have played it for years on other platforms the content we get is amazing but I’m genuinely disappointed that we are not getting the bonus week on the Switch we have very dedicated players on this server and yes we may be smaller but to miss out is a massive blow this isn’t the first time this has happened. Will we be getting this at all?
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It might be worth doing, anyway. Obviously that's a decision for you folks to make, but I just want to speak up in favor of supporting the idea of bringing back past Event iterations as well as continuing the current system.
    • Like x 1
  12. EP Ice Loyal Player

Totally agree!! I remembered why I don’t pug Throne of the Dead after running it today! To this day, there a lot of people that still don’t understand the mechanics in that raid!
    • Like x 1
  13. Dr volatile New Player

I ran all 5 and cannot open the box. What am I missing plz help?
  14. iVenny New Player

Way better than the previous bonus week!
  15. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

This event, although I'm glad they did it, reminded me why I dislike the CR skip.
    Running GOM earlier, and we were lining up for the lightning bolt, and 2 people had no clue what was going on. We're saying in chat, "line up" and they're running around like lab rats on meth looking for a snack.
    • Like x 2
  16. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Mepps, does Nintendo Switch have access to this bonus as well? I was in game from the time of server reset to about 4pm eastern time. Up until that point, nobody in the entire game had received anything yet.

I apologize ahead of time if this has already been addressed, but didn't have time to comb through the forums first.
  17. Gronen New Player

Just want to ask, perhaps I misunderstood.
    I expected
    scaling gear, but got the level locked gear for the raids
    Was it something you guys did not have time to pull together?
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Can’t believe people are really complaining about this event lol. It was fun going back to those raids. You got green nth metal and some extra lex coins. And this may have been a small even but it could lead to bigger things down the road.
    • Like x 3
  19. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

The last boss for every raid has a loot drop with a CR 252 gear piece amongst the level appropriate gear too. I usually pick the Source Mark in the drop loot menu but even though I have endgame CR I guess I could get a MK 12 or 13 exobyte from the salvaged gear. Just look for it on the drop menu after the last boss as a pick option it isn't automatically dropped to your inventory.
  20. Echo51 New Player

Sorry but my friend did not recieve the contract box. Are there other ways to redeem it?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.