New avatars

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sleepy Healer, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

No reason to.
    Besides, how else would you get to use more gif replies and savage burns to get more likes? You just loss one anyway.
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

This thread has been hilarious. Thanks for that. I've got to say, you've been handling this whole thing with the grace of a cranky toddler, LOL.
  3. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Merely a toddler? I would like you to enlighten me on how to be more toxic, I would sincerely appreciate it.
  4. Eve YouTuber

The comments here makes me sick. I'm sure Megzilla did most of the drawing on her free time and honestly I'm just grateful she and Mepps even thought of giving us new avatars. They could leave us with the old ones and never update it. As she mentioned more will be added over time, so why overreact and be so rude to her? Gosh. This is so unnecessary and toxic. And she doesn't deserve it.

This is why we can't have nice things.
  5. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Can't believe no one has asked for Aqualad yet! Kaldur'ahm please!
    • Like x 2
  6. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Am I being over-reactive? Yes. Rude and spiteful? Yes to that too.
    It's not even about the avatars anymore. Of course I know she still has more of them coming, and even though some are just rehashes of the communicators (even weirder are some aren't, there is a new Flash icon why isn't that being used?), I am aware how much effort she puts into them. I was quite annoyed when Teekl wasn't with the first wave of icons because with Megzilla's past comments I was under the impression that she would get preferable treatment but apparently those honours belongs to others, which is fine. As let down as I am, it's not the end of the world.

What really draws my ire is her comment of how I didn't bothering reading what she wrote, and the others who followed up on that. I can't remember what I wrote, so I can't review if that was the impression I gave, but however poorly my post was when venting my frustration, that accusation simply wasn't true, and I take great offence to that. Even better is the rest of the gang chastising on how silly I am. Let's not kid ourselves that wiping those comments off the internet automatically makes it a non-issue, the animosity always stays there. Why bother to make nice when everyone despises you? It's not like the forum is even trying to be positive, the attention almost always goes to those filled with negative emotions and pointing fingers. Why bother with civility when you can make people turn heads to watch a car crash? Heck, there are so many staying on the first page grabbing attention might get difficult later!

Am I being petty and unnecessary? Yes. But to be honest I can't really be bothered at this point.
    The phoney pretext of getting along with each other here is just comically absurd.
  7. Wildcat Committed Player

Professor Zoom

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. Wildcat Committed Player

any news on this? :D
  9. Megzilla Developer

Not yet. Focused on Birds of Prey stuff. :)
    • Like x 4
  10. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Hmm. I'd think your part in Birds of Prey would be almost over by now. The whole episode is a week or three away from the Test Server, after all.

Considering how much time it takes to make an Episode from concept to launch, I'd think you'd be working on the NEXT episode after that (Legion of Super-Heroes, right? RIGHT? ;) ).

Or maybe you're working on 10th Anniversary already! (Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew, pretty please!). :D
    • Like x 1
  11. Isif Committed Player

Is it fair to think that if the new Ivy avatar was delayed for the BoP content reveal, maybe we might be seeing a Joker reskin?:D
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Joker got a touch-up with GU 94 last year.
  13. Isif Committed Player

True, but why wouldn't Joker be in the OG group of avatars refreshes? I guess just thinking too hard and wanting to have a new avatar. I mean Joker "is" one of the most iconic DC villains. Not to mention a DCUO mentor!?!
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

He was included. Batman, Wonder Woman, Joker, Circe and Lex Luthor all had their NPCs updated together.
  15. Isif Committed Player

Talking about forum avatar refreshes.
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Taking a look at the Joker avatar, I don't know that he really needs one. His in-game character didn't get changed all that much and the forum avatar still holds up even when compared to the new models.
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Ahh. Meg did say she forgot to make an updated Joker avatar.
  18. Megzilla Developer

I did make a new avatar, I think I forgot to include him in my update package. He will be there in the next forum avatar update.

And yes, I didn't update Harley avatar since she got an amazing refresh. I had painted up Poison Ivy for some other asset so I had a more updated icon on hand, but I will also be updating her forum icon to match her new look. :)
    • Like x 2
  19. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Is it possible to get several avatars (male and female) that symbolize the exo-byte powered super heroes that symbolize the players themselves?
    • Like x 1
  20. Isif Committed Player

I guess I can roll my tinfoil back up. Thanks for the official answer.