New artifacts question (replacing old)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by fm0987, Dec 5, 2019.

1. fm0987 Committed Player

I have scrap of the soul cloak and eye of gemini at rank 80. My char is earth and for my last power slot I use earthquake so super takes forever to build anyway. Using grimorium verum (working on rank 160) as my third. I'm thinking maybe I should replace the first two with the new strategist card and transformation card. Thoughts?
  2. fm0987 Committed Player

Welp nevermind I've already decided and consumed them (cloak and gemini) for the xp. I figure they will be overall better in terms of dps and far less situational than relying on a supercharge for damage (which I always seem to get interrupted in the aftershocks combo or pop it at an inopportune time like when a boss goes into an invulnerable state etc).
  3. fm0987 Committed Player

Spose I should've waited for a bonus xp weekend. Oh well lol I don't really plan on taking them much past 80.
  4. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I leveled the trans to 166 n I'm light. I think it's only gd with dot powers. I had it it in the 1st 5 mins of raid n I was dead last. End of raid after replacing it I was first.
  5. fm0987 Committed Player

Idk but I mean earth is dot based I guess right? Or kinda a mix of dot/ burst. I use debris field and jackhammer mostly so there's definitely a lot of ticks in quick succession. I'm almost thinking drop the superchange and sc generator entirely and use totem or something instead altho the sc is pretty good.
  6. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Download test server and try different artifact combos that suit your play style.

Transformation card is really good but is dependent on your play style. I run scrap/gemini/grim on live and would never trade off scrap/gemini combo for anything else since I always in melee range and that’s how I play. Gemini/Scrap combo on earth is also amazing for battle tanking.

Grim is very good and is GUARANTEED damage at max range. However, it’s going to be dependent on what types of groups you run with and whether or not you play range.

If you play max range your best combo is going to be strategist/transformation card. Third one will be situational, if a healer runs gemini and spams it on group non stop you also want to use the gemini as your third. If not, you want the grim.

Highest damage you’d do at max range on a single target by yourself would be transformation/strategist with grim using debris field, heat vision and pebble blast spam in your loadout.
  7. L T Devoted Player

Use Entomb instead. It's so much stronger than the other 50% supercharges that it borders on broken. Yeah, I said it.

For Nature and Electric, the Strategist and Transformation is probably a win over soul and eye.

For Earth, if you're jackhammering away it might pay off. If you're using Crystal than probably not so much, because Crystal never crits.
    • Like x 1
  8. L T Devoted Player

The transformation card will be good with all power sets. The Strategist favors DOTs by a lot.
  9. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

My Arts-
    Book 200
    Stone 200
    Gem 200
    Amp 199
    Scrap 200
    Dk 176
    Trans 166 got this as Birthday gift n I Don't like it the least bit with light.

165 rao
    126 claw

My fav combo with light is
    Stone
    Amp and
    Book

I also run
    Scrap and Gem my first 3 supers usauily then I switch armories To my reg 3 arts.
  10. gemii Dedicated Player

any of them good for precision or can i keep my sparring ai, venom wrist and book
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The transformation is pretty much great for both prec and might. The gem of Horus is somewhat of a side grade. Maybe slight buff. On sparring targets the gem feels like it does a lot more damage but in practice the damage is pretty similar.

The strategist is another that is a sidegrade (kind of). Works better of power sets that have a good amount of background dots going on. If not than I wouldn’t bother.

Venom, transformation, and either grim/gem/Gemini

Grim is still good because it lets you use loadouts without need of applying a PI which lets you use stronger moves.

Something to note is that the gems talon strike does a good amount of damage for single target. So it pairs well with the flurry shot.
  12. gemii Dedicated Player

thanks for the info i might check out the transformation card since i can use it on both might / prec if i were to swap to superpowered. how good is it at like 80 or 120 still decent? to use or would i completely need it at 200. and same question for the horus one
  13. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I used the trans for prec n I can really notice the crits with it n my gut I DNT feel leary py parses increased.. With light my gut feeling I get is this is trash

Trans 167
    I took out stone
    Used amp book trans all of mine are 200

Did ram fan over n over n did less dmg taking out the stone.

I took out solar which would be pretty much the same

I tried stone amp m trans.

Everyone of my ram fan repeat combos I do less dmg using it.

I think the might isn't yeilding as much as the prec version.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

At 80 you will loose damage. Same with 120. When I tested it at 160 I did notice a very slight increase in damage. When I got it to 200 I could see my damage increase. This is one of those artifacts that you would eventually want at 200. The Horus I only like at 200. That is when it gets its aoe aspect activated. Until then the ability you get is purely single target. It’s unfortunately a big investment.
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Something to consider is that you are replacing a lvl 200 artifact for a 167 artifact. The base stats alone will lower your damage. Trans is an artifact that you need to have at 200 to see the full benefit. This is because while it does increase your crit chance and crit damage you also damage. At max rank it lowers your damage by 15% which is better than at rank 160 which I believe is 17%. 2% might not seem like a lot but it is. I’m not saying thai artifact is on a whole new tier compared to current artifacts but I do think that it’s at the very least a side grade.

I personally don’t use heat vision on my Hl loadout. Not even on the single target loadout. So for light might based I’d personally run trans, Gemini, soul cloak.
    • Like x 1
  16. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I don't run heat vision either I use it for the stats.
  17. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Thing I notice is that the prec side crits more then the might just by looking at it.

Not putting a mill in xp for 2% it just isn't worth it to me.

I run the book gem n scrap for the first 5 mins. I'm not in a league with heals n tanks with 200 gems so I run it til my super is gone on the adds n then switch to stone amp n book for the stats. You have ur trans at 200??? I personally think it sux for might burst Idk about dots.
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes mine is at 200. 2% is a bit of an understatement to be fair. If you have a league hall you should do a couple of rough test on the 3 and 8 targets. As you know, some things translate to real combat while other stuff doesn’t really translate to well.

For example, the gem of Horus. It’s easy to apply the bleed proc consistently on the sparring targets and in a raid. However the bonus damage at 13+ hit count isn’t as easy to apply in a raid because of the stuns and movement that don’t happen in the sparring targets. The crits from the transformation card translate well from the sparring target to raids because it’s a passive buff and not an active buff.

The grimorium does great on sparring targets. On bosses it will do great but on squishy hallway adds it won’t be as useful since you keep going in and out of combat.

So I personally love the trans because it’s a passive. The damage loss from the artifact is compensated very well in the extra crits and in the crit magnitude. I personally love it for bust powers because there is less rng involved. Without the artifact you might get a big hit to crit or more likely you might get a weaker attack to crit. With the artifact you basically increase the chance of your bigger powers to crit. Which leads to a bit more consistent numbers. My current average crit rate is usually around 38% on 30 second parsers. Currently I am sorcery and my average dps on 30 seconds is 58k dps on 3 targets range.
  19. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I was doing exactly that 30sec parses with flurry shot n it was n increase in dmg.
    I did ram fan over n over it was less. I did melee with ram whip clip ram whip clip dervish n it was less.

Doesn't crit well with light.
  20. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Overall I ran the raid like I said then I went into league hall n did 30 secs parsess. Prec ones were more n I physically can notice it just by looking n seeing crits. Light i seriously DNT only see less parses I get a leary feeling using it. Pretty much 30 secs parses u basically run out of power.

I hope someone else will test it that's light just in general and when it's at 160. I physically think might light it crits less then prec.