New artifact ideas.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Quantum Rising, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Quantum Rising Committed Player

How about throwing some ideas for new artifacts here. I'm a little bored with the ones in game, ESPECIALLY the dps ones. Pretty much everyone is running the same thing.

So anyone got an ideas for new artifacts that can freshen up the game?
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I would like to be able to somehow further customize the ones we have. Give us an additional ability we get to choose from that we can "build" into our artifact. These can be power specific. A damage bonus to an attack, a reduction in cool down on a specific power, regenerative abilities, apply an effect, bonus to aoe attacks, bonus to st attacks etc etc. Maybe let us have an additional mainframe mod ability.
  3. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

The phrase "Be careful what you wish for" definitely comes to mind whenever players make such naive suggestions.
    • Like x 4
  4. fm0987 Committed Player

I’m sick of artifacts and the fortify system in general, not sure if it’s a limitation of the game itself or the devs creativity, everything seems to revolve around it
    • Like x 2
  5. Ergotth Committed Player

I'd like to see an Orbital Strike that drops a Piano at the enemies. Old classics never die xD
    • Like x 6
  6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

My suggestion has always been the C and D Affinity Slots should be used for slight boosts in Artifacts.

My idea for a new one would be based on the number of DOTs you have going at the same time.

Two - small damage increase.
    Three - continually going for X number of seconds adds another DOT
    Four - continually going for X number of seconds increases damage of all DOTs for X number of seconds.
    • Like x 3
  7. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Well considering transmutation and purple healing ray (artifacts in wide use by the community) and such were added on later your comment seems pretty ignorant.
    • Like x 1
  8. Quantum Rising Committed Player

I personally would LOOOOOOVE an artifact that enhanced movement abilities to actually make a full movement spec'd toon viable in end game content.

We could have 3 new artifacts for each movement mode that enhances the movement tree powers.

Make it happen devs!!!
    • Like x 3
  9. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

10. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

Please elaborate. Are we thinking something like grails teleport attacks? Just curious
  11. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Pretty much this, but however the developers chooses to implement it, I'm on board with either.
    • Like x 1
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

We need an artifact that boosts allies, and an ally that boosts artifacts. Equip the two together and watch the two rebound off each other until your character explodes.
    • Like x 5
  13. Ergotth Committed Player

Maybe this artifact could be used more like an ally/pet (where you chose when to use it and it has a cooldown) and, well, you use it, opens a boomtube and something comes into play. Maybe one of the artifacts we fought over so much when the New Genesis episode came out, or someone from Apokolyps/New Genesis pops out like an ally and do something for ya (or minions from these worlds)
    • Like x 2
  14. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Sounds like something I had in mind, I can see it serving ally summoning as combat and for support it can boom tube you elsewhere using the same coordinates quantum tunneling uses, only thing is the boom tube being random.
  15. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Or an anvil or safe.
  16. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Honestly? I would rather a proper review pass be made over the existing ones because now they should have plenty of data regarding unintended consequences of some of these artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  17. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Heal artifact that turns my 4 man shield into a 6 man shield, already have one for the 4 man heal.
    • Like x 1
  18. qECLIPSEp Well-Known Player

I would like to see an artifact that when used would change Freeze Breath into Fire Breath like Bizarro!!!
    • Like x 2
  19. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

the game bores you and for you the artifacts would be enough to break this desire of the game? I really doubt that the artifacts are enough to fill this boredom ^^

I've already mentioned an artefact that I'd like to see.

The idea would be an artifact with the same characteristics as grimorium, in relation to the "interactive power", but instead of having that thanks to a fart, it would take effect when using the attack "if the target has less than 35% health", this attack being available in each power, because frankly, I'm fed up with the fact that the thermal vision has practically become an obligation of presence in a mono-target build!
  20. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Also another point that should be changed is the stats in brackets concerning the specificity of the artifact, because seeing stats like (5/5/5/4) (10/10/20/20) or (3/3/3/5) (15/1515/20) there is nothing more confusing to see when you upgrade an artifact, sometimes it gives the impression that it's nothing to upgrade thoroughly....
    I would rather see something like (1/2/4/6) or 1/1.5/2/2.5) than stats that look the same on 2 or 3 levels!