New Artifact Idea

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by catplaysxoxo, Aug 1, 2022.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

How would you guys feel about an artifact that buffs you when you transform? Examples of transformations are Nature and it's transformation powers, Mental supercharge transformation, Sorcery supercharge transformation, Ice Elemental, some trinkets transform you such as the lion or toy robot to name a few.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'd rather see a new powerset.
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Don't we all.
  4. Tilz Loyal Player

Inb4 people complain about it being used as swap art.. :rolleyes:

Would be nice to see for actual transformation skills (mental, sorc, nature). But then I can't see it being usefell for sorcery.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

However, if said artifact came with a remodel for all the transformations, sold.
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

So like the last artifact pretty much? The only thing they did for that one was copy and paste material skins to RSK. If they were to do that with the transformations I feel like it'll be too much of a task for them whereas an artifact transformation buff would just be numbers to them. Im still vouching for them to update the Kryptonite Chunk trinket. It's unique in the sense that it changes your load out unlike the lion trinket or man-bat and toy robot trinkets.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What they did to RSK was in my opinion lazy. I mean a full reskin of powerset transformations separate of the artifact.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mister Hando Active Player

An artifact giving an All New Power. Like Hardlight should have been if artifact was existing before.

Other idea : An artifact for each iconic power.^^
    • Like x 1
  9. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

That seems like a huge task for them but I'll side with you on a full reskin to the transformations. In my opinion Word of Power should be a transformation supercharge that gives you the shazam lightning symbol animation with a new load out or something. The vampire bat transformation needs a new reskin. Sigh... there's a lot of work behind those transformations lol
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's not a huge task. How often do they pump out a new Ally? All I'm asking is they take something pre-existing and fix it up so it looks nice and not plastic.
  11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Honestly those allies we're already in the game there was no need to work on new skins. I don't want the transformations to be polished but have different skins. Out of all the transformations in the game the Kryptonite Chunk trinket looks horrendous. It's just a silver chrome looking skin. To be blunt they can give us a lantern premade load out while transformed. Blue ring of hope trinket transforms you into a blue lantern (they can just use an existing blue lantern npc for the transformation) there you go. They can continue pumping out new allies but let's be real, they're going to use an iconic hero or villain since they have the models made already all they gotta do is just have us access them via allies.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't care for any of that really. I thought you were talking about an artifact buff for powerset transformations, something that needs to be looked at regardless. I'm not interested in trinkets or transforming into an iconic character.
  13. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I was but you started talking about reskins for the transformations. I was just making a point that allies are easily given because the models are already in the game whereas reskins to transformations need to be worked from the ground (I think). I still want an artifact buffs to the transformations don't get me wrong. The blue lantern example was just me being logical with the approach. There are dozens of npc models already in the game. A trinket can transform you into one. The lion ju ju, toy robot, manhunters, man-bat etc... it's safe to say a trinket can transform you into a blue lantern or into any other already in the game. But yeah artifact buffs to transformations are what I'm seeking first.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They don't need to be reworked from the ground up. They take Gorilla for example, polish up the texture so the fur looks like fur and not plastic. Give it the same HD makeover they did with some of the iconic NPCs like Joker or Batman. Done. Do the same for Wolf. Done. Do the same for Insect. Done. Do the same for Dog. Done. Do the same for Arbiter. Done. Do the same for Ice Elemental. Done. Do the same for Mass Hysteria. Done.

I'm not asking for brand new transformations.
  15. FoolsFire Devoted Player

And don't forget about the Transformation Trinkets and Guises. When Guises first came out it was rumored they were going to be given special stealth abilities. For instance, if you were a villain and looked like an Amazon you could walk around them in open world without being attacked. That is, until you attack them. Except this was only a rumor and unfortunately never happened.

If your idea was feasible this could make Guises viable in gameplay.
    • Like x 1
  16. Kreachure Committed Player

This could be cool. Nature needs something new I think
    • Like x 1