new archtype tech / cybernetic

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Knight Racer, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

I was thinking up a new archetype we could have with parts that form out of the model. This archetype can be inspired by Cyborg. A forearm that forms a photon cannon from the palm, a laser beam array from the forearm, a set of dual missile launchers from over both shoulders, a pop out thruster that forms from the back and leg calves, an a cybernetic shielding system. a similar system to battle awareness to size up the enemy for critical attack on powers as a buff.

I've been playing gadgets and it just feels like throw, throw, throw. we need a archetype inspired more by cyborg than batman.
    • Like x 2
  2. sirzap Well-Known Player

there is a cyborg hand blaster style and so does a head gear. also there is a brainiac shoulder turret, correct me if its not brainiac's. we got a shield for tech and an iconic force field, may be you mean the animation should be different kinda like the movie's or in justice game.
  3. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

I just feel we could use a cyborg inspired power set archetype not just a gadgets throw items that explode or stick.
  4. Try Hard Well-Known Player

A better overall name would probably be "powered armor" this would be able to fit in lex luthor and cyborg type moves
    As well as a few others....I agree tho don't really like the constant baseball chucking that gadgets has become
    • Like x 2
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Vortex cannon? EMP? Photon Blast? Cryofoam? Neural Neutraliser? Stasis Field? Do I need to go on?
    • Like x 2
  6. American Marksman Active Player

Honestly I thought when they made muntions the one tree would obviously inspired by Sgt. Rock and the other would be futuristic munitions and would be inspired by Cyborg hero side and Lex power-suit on the other side. Obviously that didn't happen. I think a power armor power set makes sense but I doubt they do it at this point.
  7. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Lol haha I want a new powerset though.
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Hey, if you’re willing to take all the moves I mentioned with you, so that my black widow type gadgets character can get even more types of grenade, be my guest :D
    • Like x 1
  9. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I suggested an "Alien Tech" powerset a while ago. In my imagination it would focus on tech armor and transformable weapons. Heroes could have a blue color scheme (Blue Beetle and some versions of Cyborg) and villains could have a red scheme (Apokolips, some other versions of Cyborg). I would make it a tanking set because we already have two tech based troll sets, and because transformable tech armor seems like it has a lot of potential for tanking mechanics.
    • Like x 2
  10. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

A healing tech powerset would be nice daybreak, ( iconic powers please):).
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Ok, so I’ve been messing around and I’ve got you your cybernetic/powered armour powerset. You’ll have to compromise slightly with Taser Pull if you’re pure pfft, but really there’s no reason you wouldn’t have an electried cable tentacle thing built in.

First you’ll have stasis field as a long-range, supercharge generating Dazing P.I applicator. Then you’ll have Neural Neutraliser as a short-range, high damage Dazing P.I applicator (complete with deflector shields!). Then you’ll have vortex cannon and EMP as high damage/cooldown exploiters, while spamming Taser Pull when both are unavailable. Now, both your P.I applicators have long cooldowns, but EMP also exploits the electrified P.I that Taser sets up. So use them if you’re caught short, until Stasis or Neural are ready.

Supercharge can be either Gas or Bunker, I’ve seen various armoured/mech npcs with variations of one or the other. If all that’s not good enough for you, I suspect the power set you’re hoping for would disappoint you anyway :p
  12. velvetsanity Loyal Player

So would a non-healer magic power
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I totally agree. I just made this post in another thread a couple weeks ago:

• Like x 1
  14. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

We definitely need a new movement mode based on the jump jets described in Starship Troopers and other Military SF novels.

[IMG]

Such jetpacks are also seen in a number of video games, including (but not limited to) the Section 8 games, and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!
    • Like x 1
  15. Heywiar Committed Player

Glad other people are bringing light to the potential of a cybernetic power!
    I wish we could have styles that make us look like cyborgs and such. Yeah, we have cybernetic and robotic styles but they just seem like suits of armor. Even the robotic arm and interstellar tech legs are off-putting.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

The thing about gadgets is that its a general tech design. Unlike fire or ice, it is not very specific. So you can choose how much tech you have.

I think what should be asked is more tech themed styles. We got a few cyborg or hank henshaw stuff, but it's sprinkled in. But we sure as heck have a ton of power suits (thanks Jim Lee) and arcane designed suits.
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

As I mentioned before, though, the problem with both Gadgets and Munitions is that neither one gives us any attack animations for suit-mounted weaponry. So things like Alexander Luthor's Shoulder Cannon, and the gauntlet-mounted guns, both of which are seen in this recreation of War Machine that another player did...

...they're really just there for show, because for Player Characters, they don't actually DO anything! We never actually see them being used when attacking an enemy. And that's my whole point, in a nutshell.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

I think that problem was made more because of the tech limitations. This game used to have some weapon specific animations that was removed in GU36. It's not impossible to have what you are asking, as they said they are thinking of expanding powersets, but right now they are probably doing other things. Making a whole new powerset for shoulder mounted cannons seems extreme.
    • Like x 1
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The power set would revolve around all the sorts of things that would be possible for either a robot, a dude in a suit of powered armor, or a heavily cybernetic character. Attacks revolving around suit/arm/shoulder-mounted weaponry would only be one part of it.

One inspiration for the power set could be Cyborg and the morphing that the modern versions of the character do, turning his hand into a cannon, and things like that.
  20. BumblingB I got better.

That would be too much like gadgets and munitions. It might be easier to advocate powerset skinning. Where it would be like you are gadgets, but you want it to look like different animations. Kind of like skimming is flight.