New alert

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Aug 14, 2020.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

Any news when it's going to be fixed? It's horrible on ps4.
    • Like x 2
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

There's posts about it everywhere. At this point, I say leave it. It's the only challenge to the 10min alert
  3. Psyfur Well-Known Player

I play from a PS4. The best advice I can give is to adjust your camera to where it’s looking down at Poseidon and stay zoomed out, floating above him. His skull attack won’t hit you up there, but those pools will knock you down from time to time and you’ll lose that sweet spot. Hopefully no one will need heals while you’re trying to get back to that sweet spot.
    • Like x 1
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Ridiculous imo that its asted as long as it has, 2 weeks ps4 ppl basically were told '**** off you arent getting alert feats'

But hey guess it's all great tho PC doesnt have this issue
    • Like x 1
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

They’re playing the waiting game with Sony to get permission to use additional system resources. Per their agreements with Sony, developers are capped in the percentages of system resources (mainly RAM) that they can use as to preserve the system’s other functions (ex. Messaging, video playback, etc). If a game requires additional resources, Sony’s permission is required. The process is pretty standard although I don’t know about the timeframe.

What I wonder is why this wasn’t addressed more in advance. Was this not an issue on test server? Hell, didn’t we experience this EXACT same issue when the Atlantis DLC was launched? It becomes even more of a “head-scratcher” when you remember the initial launch date was an ambiguous date in August (which could have very well been the last week) and they launched it early in July.

Regardless of all that, the feats are perfectly able to be completed without too much difficulty. I had them all by the 3rd day and was one of the last in my league to do so. Titans, Atlantis, JLD and Metal 1 all had alert feats that were significantly more difficult than the CoP feats even with issues at hand. If you’d like any tips I’d be happy to share some.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Considering Test Server is a small PC population only probably not.

And Mepps said their goal date was always July 30. They announced it for an August release in the off chance the episode release was delayed.
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Mepps spoke on this right here.
    And that's where we're at.
    • Like x 3
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m trying to be understanding but I’m falling really badly behind on gear, augments and OP helm breakthroughs at this point. I haven’t even been in the raid yet because I want to do the alert first.
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There are lots of people running around with level 23 augments (I have one as of this writing), others are full of Elite accessories (Rings, Neck, Weapons), some already have the OP head. Someone either in this thread or another mentioned at least one work around (run the first part in regular, and the second in event mode). Another could be to run with PC players who apparently aren't experiencing these issues...sure, it means you'll die a lot but, c'est la vie.

You, myself and others have decided to sit it out while we wait for a fix. Complaining about it some more isn't going to get it fixed faster. Yeah, you can ask for some kind of compensation, but given that we haven't even had a full month of dealing with this broken alert, i'd say it's too soon to ask for that. They are working on it, Mepps has communicated this with us not too long ago. You already know that they hardly ever compensate us for situations like this, and since it seems that it's only affecting a small portion of us, they aren't likely to give us any compensation. Also, there are Bonus weeks that can make up for this further down the road.
    • Like x 1
  10. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

At this point this game is becoming a pathetic trash fest, always something broken weeks after content is released, i don't run the 4 player anymore until they fix it.
  11. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

Why? It's bad design, just put solid walls around the tunnel and dome, so it doesn't require that much resources. The atlantis world is rehash anyways from past DLC. We've seen it already. Design 101, function over style. Looking into a fish bowel is point less if we can't play the game.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The bug is a client side issue. It has nothing to do with the design, walls or lack of walls.
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

That is one rock solid point you’ve got there, lol

I’m sure it was the goal. But one could argue that they didn’t have quite make it as far as having the DLC ready to be played as intended.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I hate to be the “are we there yet” kid non-ironically but I hope we can at least get an update regarding when the fix is ready today. As I keep saying, the consequences go a lot further than just having less stuff to play.
  15. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

If by client you mean Playstation client can't load because of the bad design then yes. The level has too much stuff to load.

• Like x 1
  16. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I gotten so used to that alert that it doesn't bother me anymore. I can still finish it.