New “origin” artifact slot(s)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Qwantum Abyss, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

A 4th artifact slot would be way cool IMO especially if content was NOT tuned to accommodate it.
    The way i would do it is designate the 4th art slot as an “origin slot” on the augment screen.
    This art would provide no stats just the abilities or effects. Only certain artifacts would qualify. The ones that really have no place in any normal build.
    I would designate ones like dead kings, lazarus pit, etc.
    This way each of our characters could have some sort of unique effect to us that’d be more fun than function.

For example:
    No ones gonna give up say their trans card artifact slot to use dead kings scepter. The payoff just isint there. But if we had an innate “origin artifact” slot we could rank one an drop it in then we could gain the effects passively (again not the stats). This way, in my example, you could keep ur build as is but still enjoy some cool effects like orbital assistance or whichever u choose.
    Devs would need to be careful what ones were designated as applicable to this “origin augment” system but i think it could be a fun way to go about letting us have more fun with our characters AND make them $ because we’d need to rank a 4h one up.
    Really they could give do this with 2 “origin augment” slots

Devs, plz come take my $
    • Like x 2
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, agreed. I posted something similar awhile ago. Definitely can't have stats but being able to get it's effects would make it feel completely different/ new. Already itching for double nth just so I can change things up even tho everything is working plenty fine
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Categorized artifacts would be the only way expanding slots could be a good idea. Either something like described in the OP or categorized by damage, survivability, healing, etc. So in DPS role, you could have three damage arts and a survivability art. Tanks vice versa and so on. But just a 4th slot for a DPS to stack more damage, tanks to stack more survivability, healers to stack more healing etc is either lame and game breaking (if not tuned) or a ton of developer resources used up just to make the game roughly the same (if tuned).

Going back to the OP, that’s kinda what the C and D affinity mods are. Granted, the current options are mostly blah and that’s if they’re still working. I do wish they would fix them and expand the current options.
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I made the suggestion that C and D should be changed to boost the artifacts if they are already ranked to 200.

This way we'd get a little extra for those of us who completed them. And make it so you'd also have to complete the Elite gear to get the benefit.

A definite plus for those who actually take the time to grind end game content.
    • Like x 1
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Another thing they could do to piggy back my OP is make 3 more art slots as secondary, again no stats of course but arts in certain categories like mentioned above could be secondary slotted. Which ones and how to delineate im not gonna attempt to try an cypher BUT an example would be
    If i main slot SA then i have the option to build one of say 3-4 secondary artifacts to add their effects such as strat card or something.
    It could and would get more complex than my original idea BUT would add a whole new layer to build options for loadouts and make each of us feel that much more unique. Not to mention the devs cash in which is theoretically good for the games stability and continued success.
    In this type of model i think the potential cost needs rebalanced but hey, its an idea to widen build options
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

Seem like a good idea. Would make the DC more money. A lot of stress on the community to level another artifact though. Maybe if they made it like tge soder artifact it would be easier, but then, they would be stepping on the players who have those artifacts leveled.
    Some players don't even need a 4th slot, they switch and play different artifacts inside of content. It's crazy
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed for sure, i just find myself at random times loving my build (love it all the time in any content actually) but the group composition and what they are doing doesnt “fit” or “complement” so i think, “hey, it’d be cool if i could have an innate 4th slot to drop tetrahedron in” or “dead kings would be fun rite now” and with a 4th innate slot we’d be able to goof around an be more unique and as long as there was criteria then it would break the game i dont think. The devs wouod need to designate certian ones for sure. My thoughts really only extend to all the artifacts that are cool and/or have a cool effect but just are not functional enough to be used at a high competitve level like dead kings or lazarus pit, you get the idea just to make it more unique an fun