Downtime Network Maintenance - April 8, 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSpeedForce New Player

homie just got mad dont take it to serious
  2. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

I am glad I got everything done before 12 noon EEDT. Hopefully it will be back up before the EU server resets.
  3. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

hey Mepps just wondering here but are you guys going to do a currency package to compensate for the day?
    • Like x 1
  4. TheSpeedForce New Player

im also a new subscriber to all acces and lost a day but thats how things work you cant plan evrything
  5. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Don't bother mepps, some people these days just don't understand this isn't just a game it's also a business. Y'all do your thing and get the ship up and running again. The majority of us can be patient.
    • Like x 3
  6. Scytthe Well-Known Player

I'm gonna answer for him, he will probably think the same anyway.

By making people want to play the latest content, and indirectly but inevitably are going to be facing the dozen of paywalls that every players is facing in this game?

I'm gonna name the biggest paywall that is ruining this game "Seals of preservation and completion", i'm not trying to be rude here, but you were asking so it's probably the time for me to express myself.

EDIT: Server is up you respected your expectation for downtime.
    • Like x 1
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Is this ancient hardware server related?
  8. TymeBlast Well-Known Player

Years of being in business.. when has something not been free is actually a money grabber.. Those who play for free get the free benefits. Those who want to advance end up paying in the end while still dealing with the free players. Not saying it is not a benefit gaining new players but someone has to pay the costs. That being the people who want to advance have to pay the price while those who play for free get the chance of doing so while the rest "paying" are still waiting for content that actually makes sense rather than going back to content that has been masked to make it appear like it is something new. So to speak... passing the time away to get new players and just barely making the ones who pay for the game some what "satisfied" while the content is still not fixed....... In the mean time people are searching for other games since this one seems to be losing the interest of those who actually try to make a difference in the game.
    I personally don't think this buyout was in the interest of gaining more people to play.

It appears to be more of elimination of the competition that was at hand. And who ends up paying for it? The players who were dedicated to the game.

Now that I explained it...
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update: Good news! All DCUO worlds are now online and available for players.

Please note, the Marketplace is disabled while this maintenance wraps up. That means you cannot purchase or spend Marketplace Cash or claim items/gifts from the Marketplace
    • Like x 3
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Im sorry. What.
  11. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

10 hours is nothing compared to the DDOS attacks years back when the servers were offline for days. Keep feeding those hamsters (servers) Mepps and server team.
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

A small one, yes. Details in a bit.
    • Like x 2
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Okay, thanks. None of that is related to the episode being free or not.
    • Like x 2
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No. Again, it's not specific to DCUO (or our servers).
    • Like x 2
  15. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Uhm... the episode will have an event-version available for all players which you can run to get to endgame content.

And you don't really need Seals to get artifacts at least to rank 120.
    120 suffices for almost all content except, maybe, some elites and late SM. If you wanna go further than that, well that's on you.

You can play smart and wait for free seals, use your monthly daybreak cash to buy them or just take your chances with breakthroughs, all without spending additional money outside subscription.
  16. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Gotcha.
  17. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

"For those wondering, we are replacing some ancient hardware in our core platform services, and unfortunately we have run into several unforeseen issues with doing so."

Oooh, excited to see how what help this gives and what they can do now with some newer stuff. I know it won't be anything crazy, but hopefully some pretty nice little things that make a good bit of difference!
  18. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Actually, I'm one of those older EU players who works, pays for membership, and has missed out on playing today. My comment still stands, that the company probably schedules work that affects the whole world (Australia, Asia, Americas, Europe) based on regional game populations - no matter when they do it, it's peak time for somebody, so they try to minimise the impact. Note that I never said I liked it, just that it is probably how things work.
  19. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Have you no imagination man? :p
  20. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Sweet I can't wait for the 50 cent worth of stuff. :eek:

I find it hilarious that some players complaining about 1 day downtime. Oh noes 50 cents gone! :rolleyes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.