Downtime Network Maintenance - April 8, 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Great Architect Loyal Player

He could post angry stuff on the Forums, for instance... ;)
  2. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

Guess that means my Cobra Kai binge watching continues.
    • Like x 1
  3. nawanda Loyal Player

It was unplanned. Would you ask someone to change the time of a car accident or dropping and breaking a glass?
    • Like x 3
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

FLASHPOINT!
  5. Berza Committed Player

This one maybe is unplanned. Next week? They will close the game all evening. And that’s totally planned.
    • Like x 1
  6. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I'm really starting to think they are taking long because they are doing the maintenance and dropping Flashpoint at the same time. Even though they said April 15. It would be a good April Fool's joke
  7. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

No matter when they shut it down for maintenance, it will be inconvenient for a lot of people.
  8. Berza Committed Player

Probably. But the peak hours for most working adults are the evenings.
    • Like x 2
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update: We must extend our maintenance estimate by an additional two hours, to 4PM PT. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience.

For those wondering, we are replacing some ancient hardware in our core platform services, and unfortunately we have run into several unforeseen issues with doing so.
    • Like x 5
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just as a reminder - this is Daybreak-wide impacting all games, not at all specific to DCUO. No updates are being made to the game today.
    • Like x 4
  11. Scytthe Well-Known Player

Downtime is gonna be extended again, alway impacting Eu players.
    • Like x 1
  12. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Maybe so, but my guess would be that they time it based on the impact on the lowest number of players. Like it, or not, the EU population in the game is lower than the US one. In any case it's always evening somewhere in the world, so somebody has to lose out, no matter when they do it.
  13. Boston Phantom Well-Known Player

7 PM EST time now? Unbelieveable
  14. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

so now it wont be back till 4pm?
  15. Koshak087 New Player

That is, there will be no compensation for such transfers ?? In general, in MMOs, this is normal practice.
    • Like x 1
  16. Random Mind Dedicated Player

You have other games..... ????
    • Like x 2
  17. Power Surge Level 30

So for the EU it's been off from 2pm to midnight... :(
  18. TymeBlast Well-Known Player

So 10 hours later and still not fix.... Screw it... I have downloaded other games and will be checking them out. Tired of the wait and lack of responses from DI. Stuff is broken I understand that but seriously.... ya think they should have had a plan in place. This is not the first time and apparently its not the last.
    From my understanding this "free" episode that's coming is nothing more than yet another money grabber from the players and has nothing more than junk that they are trying to sell.

Personally... been there and done it and not going to keep sinking my money into a game that is mediocre at best.
    So over it...!!
  19. Drp27 New Player

a subscription day lost
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are very sorry for the delay and circumstance here. It's not common that hardware fails in this way.

I hesitate to ask this, but can't help myself - how is making an episode free a "money grabber?"
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.