NERF EVERYBODY!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Lone Stranger, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

With the increased power costs of T5 powers, the Controllers from level 10 and up have been nerfed. T5 Controllers produce bigger numbers, but they are 20% less effective than they should be. The problem is that a T3 or T4 Controller is also 20% less effective because the power costs apply.

So, to be fair to the controller...
    The damage produced by all dps should be reduced by 20%
    The health and defense (and toughness) of the Tank should be reduced by 20%
    The healing of the healer should be reduced by 20%

All of these changes must be applied to every character from level 1 to CR 100+ to be fair, otherwise people will just get T4 characters rather than the T5 which have been corrected as the Controller was. After all, the increased power costs are applied to the T5 armors, no matter what the CR of the Controller who is supplying the power.

THIS will make all the roles even again.

Either that or do away with the increased power costs.
    This way, the T5 Controller is more powerful, as the T5 characters in other roles are more powerful.
    Also this way the lower tier Controllers aren't penalized by the new tier of gear.

But, if we nerf all the roles to equal the nerfing of the troller, we must then also nerf every mob, add, and boss in the game... because weakening all the players without weakening the enemies will obviously unduly raise the difficulty, possibly even making the game impossible to win.
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I got no issues Trolling in full T5+.
    • Like x 4
  3. MercPony Devoted Player

Same here....
    • Like x 1
  4. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

No, because you have the bigger numbers as well as the nerf.

Try this experiment...
    Get 7 CR 97+ people from your league...
    Put on a mix of T3 and T4 troller gear...
    Run a T4 raid...

SEE how the Controller has been nerfed.

Or, be an elitist. "We're soo much better than the noobs!!!" and turn a blind eye to the problem. I'm not saying that your statement makes you an elitist. It only does so if YOU choose to ignore the way the increased power costs effects trollers who aren't T5+ like you.

Trust me, T3 & T4 Controllers are being kicked (on USPC Heroside) before queue so that T5 Controllers who don't see the problem can join the raid.

Also, Without the increased power cost, you would have more power for Crowd Control and Debuffs. You could be more than a battery!

Also, ask yourself this: Did your ability to produce power (vs powers used, not just a greater total number) raise as much as the dps's abiltiy to produce damage or the healer's abiltity to heal?
    • Like x 1
  5. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

The ELITISTS have spoken, then.
  6. Florida Boii Well-Known Player

Me 3 xD
    • Like x 2
  7. Savage Mind Committed Player

What makes these people elitists? I'm curious.
  8. Lightful New Player

Giving a perspective to a matter you brought up in the forums is elitist?

Is urinating in a toilet disgusting? Is making food in a kitchen wrong?

I haven't seen anything wrong with the comments. Bad call, friend.
  9. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

T5+ gear has no problem, so therefore there is no problem is what everyone seems to be saying.

But T4 gear or lower? Forget about them! They don't count! Is what's implied.

THAT is what's Elitist about it.

Pres. Bush (Sr.) said "I don't see a recession" and was slammed for it.
    But, he didn't see a recession - he was rich.
    The poor and middle class saw the recession.

This is the Elitist attitude: "Noobs don't count! Only T5+ counts!"

or... "I'm better than you so I don't see the problem." is what you're saying, is it not?

"I have no problem in T5+ gear" means IF you had been playing long enough to matter you'd have no problem.
    OR If you had a league to carry you, you'd have no problem.

Denying the problem that newer players and lower tiers have because of the increased power cost is the very definition of ELITIST.
    • Like x 3
  10. Lightful New Player

This is how the devs have designed the game. This is their world. You cannot deny, however, they've made it extremely easy and quick to gear up for the difficult content.

Why can't you gear up? I'm getting the impression that you want to stay in T4 gear. Personally, I like the way the devs have it set up. With a little patience, I haven't had any problems.
  11. Savage Mind Committed Player

So should those players be able to give the same amount of power as T5 trolls? T5 gear also has Vit for all roles which is supposed to make up for the increased power cost.
  12. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

No, a T4 troller should not be able to put out as much power as a T5 troller any more than a T4 dps should put out more damage than a T5 dps.
    But the problem is this: If a T4 troller can provide power for a T4 dps to use his powers 100 times, he can only provide power for a T5 dps to use his powers 80 times because of the increased power cost. THIS leads to T4 trollers being kicked from T3 content by T5 players - before queue.

See the above point about T4 trollers being kicked from T3 content by T5 players. And don't bother saying it doesn't happen. It happens all the time on USPC.

So, If I run T2 content with my friends, the occasional T3 content with a mix of friends and lower tier others, it takes freaking forever to buy 1 new piece of T4 gear. I can run the T4 alert, but not the raids. I can't even get into half the groups for T3 raids. I've even seen Khandaq groups forming CR 90+ (97+ is the worst I've seen, but 90+ is getting more and more common).

DO the players have a right to choose who they play with? Yes, they do.
    But, do I have the right to be insulted by the Elitists who expect me to pay for a game that they keep me from playing by kicking me from groups before I cast even a single PoT? Oh hell yeah!

THIS is the epic fail of the power costs.

THIS is what the Elitists deny, while kicking lower CR trollers from groups.

That's why I call for Nerfing every single dps tank and healer from level 1 to CR 100+ to make it balanced.
    Or, simply put the stupid power costs back where they should be.
    Power costs nerfed the Controller, but T5+ will not see it the way T1 - T4 will.
    If a T5 dps knows this. Why doesn't a T5 troller know this?
  13. Savage Mind Committed Player

T5 gear comes with Vit to make up for the extra power cost. The problem isn't the power increase. It's the "elitists" that you keep trying to play with.
  14. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Perhaps, but they fill up heroside on USPC. That's why I'm trying a villain now...

While T5 gear comes with Vit to make up for the extra power cost, T3 and T4 gear do not. Hence, the "nerfing" of controllers below T5.
    THIS is the point of this thread. Why penalize T4 trollers trying to get into T3 and T4 raids by penalizing them for having a T5 or two in the group?

The power cost may be fine for an all T5 group - but unless T5 characters are barred from lower content, their presence should NOT adversely affect the lower tier players in that content.

And, no, I don't think barring T5s from T1-T4 content is the answer.
    But, I'd rather see that than the effectual barring of T3s and T4s from T1-T4 content that we have now where Controllers are concerned.

The answer is to fix the power costs - its the same powers - it should be the same cost.
    • Like x 1
  15. Korvyne Committed Player

Im not so sure im getting this but ill try, basically youre saying if I, as a T5 tank runs a T3 raid I should have my gear demoted to T3 stats, or likewise a healer or DPS? because we use more power to do our jobs, and a troll like yourself at T3 or T4 level cant keep us powered enough to run the content, thus you are being kicked.
    While i would agree you should not be kicked for running content at your level, I hate kicking for any reason though, i would argue a DPS will use less power simply because they kill quicker if OP, likewise a healer will heal less as they are putting out bigger numbers and in effect that will allow the tank less time to control the mobs/adds/bosses thus using less power also. Getting a def buff as a tank will not help your plite.
    Nice thought but somewhat flawed I think.
  16. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

What I'm saying is not actually that you need to be nerfed.
    I'm saying that it's not fair that Controllers below T5 have effectively been nerfed when running with you.
    I thought there was some semblance (though argued) of balance in this game.

Also - I was quite ticked after being kicked yet again when I made the original post... Why should I need a CR 90+ to run FoS? I've got the speed feat in every raid T1-T3 except FoS2... Missed that by 45 seconds the last time I ran it...

My big problem is this: All these kicks are BEFORE the raid starts. I'm not even being given a chance because the T5 dps know that they draw more power than a T4 dps, and kick me before even seeing how I do...

That's why I say either do away with the increased power costs or nerf everybody to make it fair... It's not fair to only nerf 1 role, especially when it only really hurts the newer players (the ones needed for the game to grow).
  17. spack2k Steadfast Player

maybe would help if they adjust the t5 gear stats of players to t3 gear stats if they run t3 content... like a mentormode in other mmorpgs... this would lead to "no fast in fast out" runs for elitists in low content and keep the challange of the raids independant of combat rating also the kicking issue cause of cr would be meaningless.
  18. Korvyne Committed Player

Now that i will agree with. As I said before I dont like kicking in any sense so Im kinda biased. If youre able to run the content that is all thats needed. wheather youre bad at your role( not saying you are) or not is irrelivent. You Q'd, you play, if youre actually not fulfilling your job, like Q'd as troll and not giving power at all or going off and doing your own thing away from the team, well, take what comes to you.
    If im playing lower content, and its especially noticable in T1/2 ill go eco-mode as far as powers go but the team has the added bonus of the fact ill take forever to die and prob not too far behind the dps in damage.
  19. ItsHard New Player

I will post this again:
    The increased power cost SHOULD be RESTRICTED to T5 and higher content.

What OP is saying is that no matter how good the t4(or lower) controllers are, they will not be able to
    power up 2-3 full T5 players,thus making the the full t5 players to kick the controllers that are
    -90cr.
  20. Spector Knight New Player

The flaw in your logic is the fact that NONE of us started at T5. Everyone who is T5 was T1-4 first. GW Bush may have been born rich, but if he played DCUO, he was not born T5.

That's not elitism, it's just experience.

As for being kicked from PUGs, well, cry me a river. We've all been kicked from PUGs by stronger players. Deal with it. My CR is 95 and still I can't get into some PUGs. But rather than QQ about how unfair it is that they won't carry me through alerts, I grind until I get the gear I need to get my CR higher, and plenty of times that required ME to carry PUG players who weren't as well-geared as I am.

You COULD form your own PUG and run those raids. It might mean you have to accept players less well-geared than yourself, and it might mean you get wiped a bunch of times and work harder and longer to get through those raids. If you're unwilling to do that, well, then you are guilty of being the same kind of person you're complaining about.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.