Neon Technomancer Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 2, 2023.

1. rimvader Well-Known Player

Only if there was another DC character with an ASYMMETICAL CYBER design...
    [IMG]
    Oh well.
    • Like x 1
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Now that is crazy talk.

That would make too much sense.... it will nerver happen. ;)
    • Like x 1
  3. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

I’d like to start by saying that the hair and skin are very cool.

But this could’ve been two seperate capsules.
    Disappointing and mostly useless for this Circe fan, and also you’ve done yourselves out of styles to include in a Cyborg themed capsule for some reason.

Circe’s red/black outfit from the comics could and should have been the gear set, with shoulders etc designed to fill out the rest of the suit.
    Not only would it have been actually Circe, but the pieces in that outfit are unique to anything we have in-game and would have opened our character design options way more than this gear set. This might well be a cool design but not for Circe and most of the lines are so similar to styles we already have.

I don’t understand why the Sixth Dimension Kryptonian, Drowned Amazon, Lexcorp Overseer, Knight Of Vengeance, Champion of Kahndaq, (even the Two-Faced Clown set gave us an okay set for the Joker) gave us pretty good, not all, but for the most part, options to create a solid version of those characters, yet this capsule, one of only two women mentors, had to be messed with to ultimately change what the character is about. It’s giving ***ist.

QUALITY. CONTROL.

Look at the sartorial design options for male and female characters. The women’s options are no where near as varied as the choices for males, which doesn’t actually make any sense because that’s the complete opposite of how clothing is in the real world or in comics or art. This was a perfect opportunity to provide our female characters with more options.

Collection styles that I think should have been included in a Circe capsule include Circe’s braids from the comics or Hecate’s hair/heads style (which has been requested in the styles thread) or Hecate’s robe/dress or a moon accessory or some kind of reference to Circe’s green gown from older comics. These things make sense and again, would have opened up our character design options immensely.
    The crown we get here is lacklustre in my opinion.

And the fact that there is no Circe ally is just cold gravy on top of an undercooked turkey.

Ive been saving my stabilisers for this? Like, if I open any of these capsules, it’s for the skin or hair, and that doesn’t make sense and is disappointing.

You’re losing me.
  4. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

This capsule have any related feats?
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

People are still using the new styles, plus existing styles, to make a reasonable facsimile of him, like this!

• Like x 1
  6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Devs: "Each piece in the gear set is based on a different planet."

Pluto: "Excuse me?"
  7. DezFTW Active Player

That’s so freaking cool
    • Like x 1
  8. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

New year, new hopes.

Just opened 100 time capsules and got 0 rare items. Saying again, ZERO rare items. Really? So that means drop chance < 0,9% of each 3 rare colletcions. I've never spent money on tcs and never will because of this. Something never changes... Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sadly.... the odds are less then 1%. :(
    So even with 100 TCs........................................... :oops:

Based on what someone said in this thread;
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...poisonous-ivy-flower-collection.325667/page-2

The odds seems to be 0.125%..... or 1 item every 800 TCs..... assuming you believe what was said.

So sadly opening 100 TCs does not guarantee you will get a drop..... and even worse if you are looking for one item specific.

Sorry. :(
    • Like x 1
  10. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

Exactly. I know devs are not gonna like but THIS IS why half or more of the players buy ingame cash from goldsellers instead of unlocked tcs or MP cash to buy off those rare colls in broker. Everyone can imagine or do the math how much $$$ DB loses...
    • Like x 1
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

It's also why the timetable for moving old TC's to the Boo$ter Gold Vendor needs to be sped way the Hell up, and why the prices in Quarks need to be massively lowered!

Oops! There I go again, making sense... I keep forgetting that in DCUO, THAT'S NOT ALLOWED! :rolleyes:
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Yep, I was suitably impressed as well! :cool:
  13. Incineration Inferno Active Player

This is the #1 style I've been asking for these past 12 years. A 1990s Cyborg Superman aka Hank Henshaw but it has to be as 1990s Superman.

This time capsule got my hopes up with talks of the skin and then really let me down again when this was completely ignored(for whatever reason) again.

I'll just keep suggesting it on here but after this long it's not looking good.

Thank you for posting this picture because I don't know how or would have done this 30x's by now lol.
    • Like x 1
  14. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Could someone post the names of emblems.
    Its not listed at all under style feats section.
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Would a video do??
    • Like x 1
  16. Glitter Character Artist

I'm so glad! The team had a lot of fun with this TC - it was really cool to make a style that has a matching chroma, skin, and hairstyle. Def would want to make more suits with matching styles like that in the future when we can.
    • Like x 8
  17. Eve YouTuber

Yesss this would be amazing!!
    • Like x 4
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I would like, and I know many others, more styles that arent totally associated with one particular hero/villain…

The reality is we aren’t Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman/ Lex/ Joker etc…. And we have a ton of inspired by styles going to the original tier gear. I think we have more inspired by it direct copies of heroes/villains than we do original styles.

This was maybe inspired by Circe but you couldn’t tell which is great !

Would I wear this style i but I do like that you all made an original design with it.

The styles I use the most are the ones I can avoid an iconic heroes logo on

Example, any of the original styles you can use when creating a character, paneled slim line, dagger point, angled, traces in time (although I think this is heavily inspired by möbius) the old rune styles (from hand of fate)

And a few more examples I can’t remember. But these types of styles that have no affiliation with an iconic are among the best. They help me create a character that is mine and not a copy of another already established character.

There has been some really cool looking styles that I’d never wear past bands feet belt back maybe shoulders and head cause the legs or the chest are logoed up. (Scion of ion or Shepards are two in particular)

So I for one welcome more of these kind of Styles and look forward to more hopefully