Negativity is exhausting, let's go positive (for pvp)

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Liongale, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Liongale Dedicated Player

I'm exhausted from thinking about the negatives about the nerfs to Lair marks. Let's see what we can do to improve from this day on. What can we do to help pvp? Examples like:

Raise the marks won from 8v8s.
    Plan on pvp feats in the future that are objective-centric instead of mark-centric.
    Make the gear grind less of an issue/put the marks gained towards pvp supples
    Bring back 1v1 Lairs

Stuff like this. If things are going to change, let's steer it in the right direction. Post your ideas here. Even if they are crazy and unworkable, it might give someone else an idea how to make it workable.

I know negative threads get the most responses because that's where passions are high and on fire, but try hard to make the best of it too, everyone!
    • Like x 12
  2. Tikkun Loyal Player

Not only should 8v8s reward more, but because Ring War and Diamond Heist are a daily thing, they should reward a HEFTY amount of Valor to try and revitalize open world pvp.
    • Like x 15
  3. ChuckLess New Player

I'd like to see any of the 4v4 to 8v8 maps that have "objectives" to be explained in game.

As it stands, unless the objective is simply to kill more people than the opposing team, non of the other objectives are understandable. That's why you can't really PUG well in this game PVP or otherwise.
    • Like x 6
  4. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

I like the bring back 1v1 Lair battles, I still don't fully understand why they ever took them out, I thought that was the whole point of them when they were introduced to be 1v1, it's my lair or the opponents lair why do I need help from someone else in my lair. Also the way that 2v2 lair battles are won is a joke in my opinion, the first person to die wins the round, what if my partner dies and I still have plenty of health with 1 or both of the opponents at low health whose to say I wouldn't be able to turn the tables and possibly still win? Should have never been turned into 2v2.
    • Like x 6
  5. tukuan Devoted Player

All good points except this one as it stands is less likely as they've just gone and streamlined the consumables.

I agree make the highest tier gear a little more accessible and then give other incentives for people to keep working on MoV. In the test thread I suggested the rare styles be attainable by MoV at a much higher rate. Alternatively some PVP only furniture that in turn could also be sold would give PVPers a bonified revenue stream.
    • Like x 1
  6. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

I would like more maps to be objective base AND have tutorial on what to do. I know we have safehouse but IMO the map is too small which is why i hate it.
    • Like x 4
  7. tukuan Devoted Player

Agreed, I'd like more objective maps and they really ought to have a better tool that explains the objectives. Ideally localized to the language of the player.

Losing a match cause you have to keep trying to explain the mechanics to people who may or may not understand you gets tiring.
    • Like x 3
  8. tukuan Devoted Player

It would likely be a bit of work for the devs to change, but I really think it would be interesting to make 2v2 lairs require you to beat both opponents
    • Like x 4
  9. SlipperyMan98 New Player

This pvp change in general is just bad...from the marks to all the role, movement and power changes.
    Pvp in this game in just horrible and always will be.
    PVE FTW!
    • Like x 2
  10. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I'm liking the changes to pvp more each match I play.:)

I like what you are going for Lion, way to chin up! It's too bad you and I (most of us) aren't one of the select few that they care what we want or think.o_O
    • Like x 1
  11. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Totally agree with this. I'd be more inclined to run a Ring War/Diamond heist if I knew I was being rewarded appropriately.

Open world PVP would be much more exciting and interesting if we had rewards for it. Kills in PVP phase to opponents level 30 and up should reward 1 mark of valor or something like that. I enjoy PVPing, but just running out into PVP phase for the sake of it I don't have much interest in. If I'm in the open world I usually have a reason to be and don't want to be interrupted, but if I was rewarded for killing people in the open world, then I have a reason to do it.
    • Like x 2
  12. Tikkun Loyal Player

OMG yes! I miss the days of Public Enemies server and open world pvp fun. Now open world pvp is mostly ganking. :(
    • Like x 1
  13. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Yup. I remember on the Birthright server we used to do open world stuff all the time, but there's just no reason to now.
    • Like x 2
  14. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I'd like to see a true split between pvp/pve in this game it seems the devs focus on pleasing a few people in pvp at the cost of everyone so maybe it's time to just cut it in two heck do away with skill points I could care less. I'm just at the point to were I don't want to have to deal with the pvp after the lair battles mess.
    • Like x 1
  15. Liongale Dedicated Player

Maybe something like... 5 marks of valor per world pvp knock out of a foe of equal or greater level?
    Perhaps a daily limit so it isn't farmed out, reasonable but not small.

And what's the Ring War/Heist rewards right now? It's been so long since I've done one. It should probably be at least 200 a pop, ya?
    • Like x 1
  16. AJPro Committed Player

Misleading post title awesome post. Love the idea of giving solutions to issues. I hate posts that attack complaining, complaining is having faith someone will listen and change something wrong.

My idea like all the other posts have prestige = to the difficulty to get the gear salvaged (i.e-go back to its old numbers) and for PVP rewards if lairs stay nerfed because there so short vs rewards then go by the average time to complete an instance by its rewards...

I have notice all the prestige changes make small leagues and impossibility....to get and keep innates
    • Like x 1
  17. winter13 New Player

Ring war and diamond heist only reward one mark of valor...unless that has been changed. I can't even wipe my *** with one mark of valor. Sorry...this whole lair battles ridiculousness has me really angry. Now, I have to win 1,000 lair battles for only a feat, because the rewards are worthless.

On the positive side - I agree with Tikkun - open world pvp events like Diamond Heist and Ring War should reward far more than they do. Maybe that will get people "into" PVP, that would never have even considered it before. PVP is more fun, and easier to get into, the more people that are involved in the event. You learn more playing with other people than you do get you tail whooped over and over again in a matter of seconds.
    • Like x 4
  18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Really every map should have different rewards based on how long it takes to successfully win a round as well as the level of team coordination. Of course I made another thread on that matter :p

I agree with every thing said here though.
    • Like x 1