Need this more than ever now

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Avian, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Avian Dedicated Player

Account wide Friends/ignore list. While I'm enjoying the increase of players through cross play, now I more than ever need my ignore list to be shared on all my toons.

Please make this happen DEVs
    • Like x 14
  2. Backseid Devoted Player

Should have been in place a looong time ago.
    • Like x 3
  3. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

And all my friends in all my toons as well :)
  4. SSeid Committed Player

Yes! Yes! Huge Yes!
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

Add ignoring entire leagues to that also.
  6. thedemonocus Loyal Player

no because sometimes i want to hide from my friends and just solo some things
    • Like x 1
  7. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Had some issues with folks, but, a whole freaking League?

Must of been one hell of raid too be that upset over the entire League or did they boot you?

On topic; Great idea for the friends list!

IA ARMY
    • Like x 2
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

Few times id solo que into a raid with at least another random and a full league. We would have no issues at all throughout the raid and then as we reach the last boss the other random gets booted (no explanation) then i get booted (no explanation). I have no problem being booted if you have the decency to tell me first or why. I even asked for explanation and they invited me just to boot me again.
    • Like x 1
  9. Backseid Devoted Player

That's too much.
    • Like x 1
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

From my experiences it really isn't.
  11. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

You should be able to report them and whatever prizes/loot they won for beating the last boss should be removed from them. That said, I don't get this. It isn't like we roll for loot anymore. Everybody gets something.
  12. Minnion Devoted Player

You mean putting 100 or so random strangers on ignore because of what a maximum of 7 idiots who kicked you? (With no guarantee that the people you ignored the league to avoid would even stay in that league and may in-fact need to be ignored again and again further shrinking the pool of people you can random queue or interact with even further if you're not adding the offending players to your ignore list individually?) I think what would work out better for your desires would be a "Ignore previous group" function that lets you ignore the entire group that kicked you with the exception of anyone on your friends list.)
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

I thought the Account Wide Ignore list was a thing with the Ignore changes. I'll have to investigate!!! Because yeah, folks need to ignore me er I mean ignore folks....yeah
  14. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

This!

A feature, that

• adds all chars of a player, who I ignore, to my ignore-list
    • adds all chars, which I ignore with one char, to the ignore list of all my chars
    • makes it impossible for someone on my ignore-list to send me
      • instance invites,
      • duel invites,
      • group invites,
      • tade invites,
      • scrimmage invites,
      • league invites,
      • tells,
      • PMs
  15. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

16. Harlequin Devoted Player

Sounds like that is something the person who is doing the ignoring should decide for themselves.

Account-wide ignore lists as well as ignore working for all toons on the offending account would be super handy.
  17. Minnion Devoted Player

See the thing I see a huge difference between a league and the individuals who make up a league... And it just seems like if players can start putting hundreds of players on ignore without even meeting or talking to them... Well given how the system works currently it seems like it would be a huge detrement to the game... (I have no issue with players being held accountable for their own actions, but the problem with ignoring leagues is that it's not holding individuals responsible anymore... It's holding often times large groups of players responsible for what some individuals within that group have done... )

Perhaps a good comprimise on this would be to have the chat/grouping system independent of the mail system, and if the Devs do add a "Ignore league" Function, the League leaders would have access to a list of everyone who wants nothing to do with their league and a way they can contact the offended person for investigative purposes... (Because if someone is making my league look bad and getting them on a bunch of other players ignore lists I'd certainly want to know about it and have a chance to get to the bottom of it. Especially if the problem could be solved by booting the offending player from my league...)

Heck while we are at it, why not give leagues their own communal "Ignore" list that is shared by the whole league?(With league leaders deciding who can put people on said list.)
  18. Pults Loyal Player

Erm, you can adjust player voice volume..
  19. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I meant it should save between characters.
    • Like x 1
  20. Harlequin Devoted Player

I've run into several guilds over several MMOs over the years where every single member was a pile of ****. All of them. Some of these groups were proud of their behavior and went out of their way to recruit like-minded pricks to swell their ranks. In WoW, there were add-ons that could blacklist these people for me. Unfortunately, this game does not support add-ons. Even then, if a guild group were to do something worthy of that much animosity, there were ways to identify the leader of the guild and make contact with them to let them know what kind of image those people were earning the guild as a whole. DCUO lacks that functionality.

I also take exception to your statement that there is a difference between a league and the people that make up the league. The people in the league ARE the league. If enough of them do stuff to earn a spot on an ignore list, it would be safe to assume that the entire group shares a certain mindset that would earn the entire league a spot on that list. It is any person's right to associate or not associate with whomever why want for whatever reason they want.

See above. A way of notifying the leader would be nice but that doesn't change the fact that people can choose to ignore anyone for any reason and that's just fine.

lolno The instant someone tries to tell me who I can and cannot associate with is the moment I tell them where to shove their controller.