Need more Female styles in the game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Perseus Chase, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Perseus Chase Committed Player

So i was hoping we get a Superwoman style in the earth-3 DLC but instead we got Owlman :( then i was hoping we get it in the TC but instead we got Alexander style (which i think it kicka**) but where is the love for female toon?

Now my main is a male toon so i do like all of the new styles that we got but all of the recent style that we got doesn't look as cool with female toon at all, i am one of the guy who like to change my style every week and i found myself rocking with the same style with my female toon for ever cuz i can't find any new styles that i like. We got like 10 Batman style, 4 Superman style, etc.....so i was hoping we get something different for female toon like Mera, black Canary, Starfire, Star girl, or heck....Villain like Poision Ivy, and Isis just to name a few.

Female can be a superhero too so give them some love.
    • Like x 13
  2. Eve YouTuber

I'm a girl, all my toons are female, I totally agree. More love for the hero girls!
    • Like x 4
  3. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

What is strange is, it's pretty obvious male figures are favored in almost every new video game today, I never understood why girl gamers are not that recognised or that embraced.

Coming from a male that likes to see everyone enjoy the games, I do think female gamers should have more options then they currently do.
    • Like x 2
  4. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I agree, we need more female styles! Most do not look good on the female toons.
    • Like x 5
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Megzilla responded not that long ago they are looking to make new female styles more feminine.
    • Like x 2
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I do agree, but at the same time I also think it's a really challenging line to walk.

If a style comes in that's only for one gender, the other side is bound to feel slighted, especially if the style that comes in for the other gender as a match doesn't measure up (thinking the Star Sapphire-inspired set vs. Manhunter-inspired set). Plus if they try to do a style for both genders based off of a character of one gender, the results can be mixed (DC Bombshell Harley set works pretty well for both genders, but something like Noble Warrior doesn't translate quite as well for men).

It probably doesn't help much either that there's a strong Jim Lee influence on the original character designs (including our own characters) and his, um, let's say appreciation for the female form might be something that factors in. LOL

Female players and characters shouldn't be ignored, but I'm not sure there's an easy path to making as many players as possible happy. I certainly don't envy the challenge they have before them.
  7. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

I'm still waiting for my bombshell Supergirl costume set.. come on, you cant give me Supergirl's hairstyle but not her costume...
    • Like x 1
  8. Kuno Loyal Player

Been waiting now a year to have a TC or vendor style that gets my attention or feel worthy to grind/play for and I'm still waiting.
    I only got to use bits of the Green Arrow TC set.
    Im a style fan and this fact alone kills any motivation to play anymore. I know is difficult to please us all when everyone wants different things but Im tired of not liking any style because they are BORING for females and straight copies from male model.
    Riddle style for females would have been niced if it was similar to Echo and Query's outfits.
    Blackhawk should have come with a mini skirt and high heels boots like Lady Blackhawk...
    You get the idea.
    • Like x 2
  9. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Fixed it for you ;) :p

Agreed tho, more female/feminine styles need to be implemented in the game. Everything has such a masculine feel to it with each DLC, and that does 0 for my toons. :( I mean I can't speak for everyone, but I get sick of using the same old styles over and over and over again just because they are what's feminine.
    • Like x 2
  10. Eve YouTuber

Hmm you are right! I didn't think of it. To villains\Heroes and Anti heroes females ;)
    We just need to make a voice... I said myself I don't think the buffed armored fits female type.
    And some of us want's to look girly lol or at least cool. One of they styles they did good with
    was the one from Team Up capsules, High destiny tactical style looks great. More like this
    and just make exclusive for the woman like they do for the man. They got Owlman & Johnny Quick,
    I want Super Woman! :D
    • Like x 2
  11. Megzilla Developer

This is something that I've been chatting about internally as well. The "issue" we were running into is that male styles translate to male and female easily but female styles don't always translate to male as easily. We are considering just making two different chest pieces for when we do female-character inspired gear so that way ladies can have their female costumes AND have it be feminine, and guys can also have the gear but have it be a bit more masculine.

Since the chest piece basically replaces the body mesh.. we've been giving our girls some bust-adjustments to try to make it a little less crazy without changing the character too much. Those things are so difficult to design around.

We will be seeing more female-inspired gear next year though :) I'm glad there is an audience for that!
    • Like x 9
  12. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Kind of a side bar but there's an audience and precedent for styles that are less traditionally "masculine" for male characters. Lots of us would love to be able to, for instance, have more revealing male styles. Power Boy in the comics had a chest cut out just like Power Girl ;)

And speaking of Power Boy, can we please get a hairy chest /arms skin?
    • Like x 1
  13. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I'd rather see styles we can put the emblems on that we get in the time capsules it's been along time since we got a style we can put them on.
    • Like x 2
  14. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Could you also squeeze in some better leg and shoe options too? Absolutely loved the Rave Boots! I would also like to see some feminine styles offered in the seasonals so we have more options around the holidays. Thought I'd throw those in while we have your attention lol. ;)
    • Like x 4
  15. BumblingB I got better.

I do like the idea of bust adjustments considering one size seems to be all. But is there any possibility to having height and build changes as well? Like Big Barda or Stompa?
    [IMG]

I know a reason we didn't have body size, like the heavy or thin was due to clipping and the animations included, but a female brute like Stompa would work if it's within the size of a brute. As for Barda, we already had a scale up with our styles with the Artifact Weapons in HoP1, I can't see this being an issue.

(Side request, overweight style still a no go after the PS3 drop?)
  16. Kuno Loyal Player

I have noticed the female chest with some pieces is now way more flat. I really cant wait to see new femenine chest, legs and some variants for boots.
    Female boots are always the ugly cousin: no high heels, knee pads out of sync (lower) with the actual knee and out of proportion huge feets. There are some ugly examples in the past.
    Females been needing some love, I'm so glad you are working on it and hearing our feedback for upcoming sets.

Now if only we could get new HD skins and hairstyles... we never have enough hairstyles.
    Skins would make a big difference between characters, and that was almost never updated out of some material / texture skins.
    New updated ethnic HD skins would be so dop. Newer amazon models are stunning, I wish our character faces would look as detailed as them.
    • Like x 2
  17. Megzilla Developer

The bust adjustment is just sculpting the chest piece differently, it's not changing the actual model. The chest pieces basically overrides the body. I feel pretty confident in saying we won't add a new body type. Overweight body type maybe as a trinket where it just swaps your model completely (non-customizable).
  18. Megzilla Developer

Yeah we're trying to tone down the breasts since 1) they're silly 2) it's a pain to deal with. I also hate how boots/knee pads don't line up on the female model, and that's something I'll be working with character team as well to make sure our females look good. I have gotten the ok from my art director to also start making chest pieces and other gear pieces a little bit more customized to our female base (whereas before I was basically just translating it between the two). It's a delicate balance of making sure they both look good vs time/resources (don't have bandwidth to make every piece custom depending on gender).

I think we definitely need new skin shaders/materials, since everyone kind of looks like plastic now. I think that'd be a really nice upgrade... I'll pass that along.
    • Like x 5
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Can we please get more consistency? I really liked the riddler shirt but couldn’t bring myself to wear it because it inexplicably changes my character’s bust size. It just drives my ocd mental the way my toon’s body just flat out changes size/shape depending on what style I’m wearing, so I find myself forced to stick to a very small list of styles.
  20. BumblingB I got better.

Aww, more body types... :(

I wouldn't mind a trinket that transforms you. Or maybe one that works like the weapons in Necropolis?