need help with weapons

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by stärnbock, Dec 12, 2017.

1. stärnbock Devoted Player

hi all ^^ please help me understand how to play weapons in either WE or hybrid style:

as i don't realy like the PFTT style, even if easy and clear to understand how to put your SP's,
    i am rather lost because i would like to use my weapons (more fun to me, challengeing though).
    however: splitting SP's and mods half/half seems to be the least beneficial tactic...
    especially with SP, it seems to be waaay better to first put all in one, then go for the other stat.
    well, i thought i could just go fire, activate all my 12 seconds and have my DOT's running,
    all while doing weapon combos untill the cooldowns wears off... fully modded might+precission.

now, i realized that this is not realy the best dammage i could get to in sheer numbers,
    compairing to all those go full might in everything and just PFTT...

one thing needed for weapon dammage is to get the troll buff.
    therefore, i would need more power and using powers leads to me getting empty rather fast...
    should i use the PFTT style stat buff, even if playing hybrid? should i go first might+power?
    would it be better to just go all in on precission and play like a tank with shields and heals?
    the artifact suggests that by the buff wich is dominance, i suppose...
    however: can one even melee, especially in elite runs?

it doesnt help that the base mod for the neck is allways either precission or might...
    it also doesn't help that no artefact is for playing hybrid.
    it also doesn't help that the stats for might and power is fused into one to be fair...
    at least not for what i would like to play like....

to be honest: i want to do my best. yes: i do look on the score board ^^
    yes, i use it to get an idea how well i do in the dammage role in compairision to others.
    well, i think that it is ok as long as ppl don't brag about theyr numbers or descredit others for theyrs...
    that sayd, i would like to improove my numbers without changing into the common might focus.

ok, but how do i do that? are there ppl hwo can recomment me how to put my SP's?
    are there even players currently focusing on weapons? please, i am listening to all tips i get ^^
    do ppl think that the only option is to either do weapon or power, or is there a way to do both?
    i feel lone as i use weapons for fun, but looking at what happens on server, i see pftt as way superior.

sadly ^^ it appears to me, you either suck with weapons or powers,
    while using the others, or you can suck with both while using both...
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

another huge problem for the troll buff:
    if you dont mod for power in the base generator,
    a 300 power clipped with weapon buff leaves your bar allmost empty.
    with might+power not skilled, how is one supposed to get the troll buff like this?
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

question: if the group in an alert gets he missing role buff for the troll, does that mean i get the buff i would receive from the troll?
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

go for either might or precission and PFTT or WE seems way superior than splitting and hybrid... right?