Need help with Rage, Atomic, and Munitions DPS loadout

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Dead Reckon, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Dead Reckon Well-Known Player

First off thanks’ in advance. I have recently started playing 2 of my alt’s for the event. One Rage DPS, Munitions DPS, and one electric DPS. The my Electric DPS will be going Atomic DPS. And what I’m looking for is a AM load out for them. I have been looking at the guides and You Tube. Just not sure what to go with. These are just casual toons so it does not need to be anything too difficult to do. Meaning a nice and easy rotation that does not require me to use a weapon. Again, thank you for any help.
  2. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

With about any class there is always room for choice. I did a ton of research here and it really is a "to each his/her own" situation. Ever since I switched to this with munitions it has put me to 1st place on every scoreboard I have done. This is what I use in the order I use it:

Killer Instinct (Boosts damage) you'll know it is active by a thing spinning around your head.

Rocket Launcher - Does good damage, recharges quickly, fast to hit, and it does more damage if the target is close range.

Rail Guns - Same as above.

I feel that those are a must. Beyond those you have a few other options of what you can use. I use these:

Chain Gun - Same as the two above.

5 Barrel MG - Same as the two above.

Hitting those 4 back to back will refill your power if you're in the damage roll. Thus you can endlessly cycle through them. Technically you can sacrifice the 5 Barrel MG for a supercharge like "Big gun" or something. I myself am thinking of swapping it for 50 cal to test it around. Ultimately look at the "Power interactions" and anything that mentions "Bullet frenzy" will trigger the power restoration if you hit them within the time limit. The ones I listed above are all relatively fast (Rail guns is the slowest but still worth it). I also use this as my last power:

Robot Sidekick (Iconic) - I always have him present. So really unless you die you only have to call him in once. Definitely can replace this with a supercharge like "Big Gun" or whatever you would like. I prefer having a sidekick so I'm never alone, but you could use any of the supercharge powers that do big damage.
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

The part about PI. You do mean that you do not need to worry about PI with munitions, right? As long as KI, killer instinct, is up. That's your PI.

I use 5bmg in the event. When CR clamped , big hitters are a waste. Fast damage is all you need. When I normal instances I change out 5bmg for shrapnel grenade launcher.

Of course you CAN carry robot sidekick, but if you get the level 3 head mod for biggun, it would be a waste. I also use the extended SC chest mod.
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

See posts above on munitions. If you aren't wanting to use your weapon, electric won't be a good dps power for you.

There's threads for rage.
  5. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

What I meant was that when picking whichever powers he should make sure it mentions "When bullet frenzy is active.....". So that way he knows it is a power that he can add to his rotation for the power regeneration because really I guess it is all a matter of who you are/what you're looking for. I may have mixed up AM and PI.

I just like having the sidekick of some sort. What does the big gun mod do exactly? I've been sticking to just the mods that came out of the dispenser since I got tired of wasting exobytes/mods for a piece of gear that ends up outclassed as soon as I run another instance. Also, in your opinion which is better. 50 cal or 5BMG? And also 5bmg or chain gun? Might save me a bit of cash if I just ask the question instead of resetting my powers again.
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

50 cal I don't like. It's the only power munitions has that if you get knocked out of the animation , you lose the damage. 5bmg over chain guns for sure. The big gun head mod which falls from the original TC. It's very expensive on the in game broker, probably 30 or 40mil. The level 3 mod will return 125 super charge points when you use your super charge. Basically, when you use big gun, or any other super charge with the level 3 head mod, you gain back half a super charge. The way I'm spec'ed, I use the ended super charge chest mod so I start an instance with 3 super charges. Use one early and you can build it back in no time. Basically, any group of trash npcs you come across, you should be able to one shot them. People think it's cheesy cause of the scoreboard. Ignore them. My main is sorcery and the grand summoning SC does as much or more damage, just to a boss. Here is my loadout.

Stat clamped - RG, Rockets, 5BMG, splosion, KI, biggun/robot sidekick

Everything else - RG, Rockets, Shrapnel grenade launcher, splosion, KI, biggun, robot sidekick
    • Like x 1
  7. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

Yea I really truly hate the 50 cal. It is slow, annoying, and if it "crits" it does do good damage, but I could probably compensate for that damage 3 times over just using another power like 5BMG for example. I reset my power points a few days ago and I have been running around with 50 cal thinking that maybe it would be better since I am 100 CR higher than the last time I used it. I unlocked particle gun and the shrapnel grenade launcher today since I had sat on the points waiting for a response. I am going to test them out tonight, but so far what I liked best was using both the chain gun and 5BMG.

Or maybe I should add a super charge back in. Cursed decisions. I stopped using super charges once I figured out the whole way that munitions works. I would usually pack big gun and I found that I was just waiting for that emergency situation that never came. So it pretty much just sat there ready to go. Definitely gotta play around with it some more.
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

If you like 5bmg, try rail guns, rockets, then 5bmg. I do like 5bmg, but I like shrapnel better.
  9. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

Yea I am going to have to try the shrapnel launcher. I think I had it confused with the chain grenade or whatever that thing is. I'm fairly sure that I've never used the shrapnel launcher.
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

You want to learn Rage? I will show you the Way of Fweem.

Don't make a plan of fighting. It's a very good way to lose your Fweem. If you try to remember you will lose. Put the Fweem into a cup, it will break the cup, put the Fweem into a teapot, it will break the teapot. Fweem can flow or drip or crash (if you don't mitigate it).

Be Fweem, my friend.