Need Help Understanding Episodes for a New Player

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Margolomania, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Margolomania New Player

I hope this is the proper place to post this. If not, let me know!

I'm a new player, for all intents and purposes (played for a short time back then, before episodes were introduced). I'm lost regarding Episodes.

My first question is more of a clarification on how they're presented.
    From what I understand- Episodes are dlc content that plays similarly to base game content, except they also come with raids and other features. I thought they came with some dialogue and story still, which leads you to this new trouble that you'll help solve in different parts of the multiverse. Am I in the right direction here?

Second question is- how do I access them? I've finished the base game's storyline, reached level 30, and at CR 46. As far as I can tell, all the past episodes (except for the 3 most recent ones) should be available to me. The only ones I've found so far are some solo and duo challenges that takes me around Gotham and Metropolis. Are these the episodes??

Thanks to anyone willing to help! I have a ton of quests on my journal that I've been doing, and I keep on hoping that one of them would lead me to the first episode, but none of them do and it's just all a bit overwhelming O_O
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

1. Yes, episodes are DLC that focus on a particular storylines.
    2. Each episode has a minimum CR requirement in order to play that episode's content. Episode content is varied. All episodes come with content that can be played via the On Duty menu and some episodes have their own open world with additional content. If you open up your On Duty menu > Custom Content you can scroll through the available instances and it will tell you the minimum requirements. For the open world content once you meet the minimum requirements you will receive a journal mission that instructs you where to go or who to talk to.

Episodes listed in order:
    Episode 1: Fight for the Light
    Episode 2: Lightning Strikes
    Episode 3: The Battle for Earth
    Episode 4: The Last Laugh
    Episode 5: Hand of Fate
    Episode 6: Home Turf
    Episode 7: Origin Crisis
    Episode 8: Sons of Trigon
    Episode 9: War of the Light Part I
    Episode 10: Amazon Fury Part I
    Episode 11: Halls of Power Part I
    Episode 12: War of the Light Part II
    Episode 13: Amazon Fury Part II
    Episode 14: Halls of Power Part II
    Episode 15: The Bombshell Paradox & Corrupted Zamaron
    Episode 16: Desecrated Cathedral & Oa Under Siege
    Episode 17: Unholy Matrimony & Flash Museum Burglary
    Episode 18: Blackest Day & The Demon's Pit
    Episode 19: The Demon's Plan & Deep Desires
    Episode 20: Blackest Night & Wastelands Wonderland
    Episode 21: The First Piece & Prison Break
    Episode 22: The Science Spire & The Phantom Zone
    Episode 23: The Will of Darkseid & Brainiac's Bottle Ship
    Episode 24: Harley's Heist & Darkseid's War Factory
    Episode 25: Iceberg Lounge & A Rip in Time
    Episode 26: Wayne Manor Gala & Kandor Central Tower
    Episode 27: Amazon Fury Part III
    Episode 28: Age of Justice
    Episode 29: Riddled with Crime
    Episode 30: Earth 3
    Episode 31: Deluge
    Episode 32: Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
    Episode 33: Atlantis
    Episode 34: Justice League Dark
    Episode 35: Metal Part I
    Episode 36: Metal Part II
    Episode 37: Birds of Prey
    Episode 38: Wonderverse
    Episode 39: Long Live the Legion
    Episode 40: World of Flashpoint
    Episode 41: House of Legends
    • Like x 2
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You want to post questions about gameplay, such as this, in the General Gameplay Forum (Gotham City), actually.

This is the forum for posting guides.

The game is played through open worlds and instances. Instances -- solos, duos, 4-player alerts and 8-player raids, are all available from the Instances menu where you choose what to play.

Instance/open world access is granted by minimum CR, so you have to increase your CR with higher level gear to raise your CR and gain access to the next set of instances and/or open world.

The exceptions to this include whatever the current Episode is, which is available to all players in Event (easy) iteration. Currently that's "Legion of Doom" with open world in Doomed Washington.