Need help on beating a mental controller

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by ItsMeAgain, May 4, 2022.

1. ItsMeAgain Active Player

As a ice tank, what is a good setup for beating a mental controller in pve using pve gear? Im lost on what loadout would be best and gear set up. Any advice from experienced players would be very appreciated.
  2. Operation Failure Well-Known Player

Not possible. Only gadgets and rage has a chance against mental. You can try an all shield prec build but even then your shields will melt.
  3. ItsMeAgain Active Player

So if I spec into rage, what would I be looking at for a setup for that?
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

there is no such thing as beating someone in a Coop game

but power to power you have a long road to climb as ice to put out higher DPS than any of the controller powers
  5. ItsMeAgain Active Player

So what power and loadout is best to squash a mental toll?
  6. Operation Failure Well-Known Player

As rage, the best loadout would be: Severe punishment, Remorseless recovery, E-Chain, Lacerate, Revenge, your choice. Only in dps role. Revenge spam has constant knockback and Echain clipped into Lacerate can be used to get rid of the shields. Clip SP and RC for healing back while delivering heavy damage. I for one hate this current age of pvp but I do know a bit about the cheese. This doesn't guarantee that you'll beat a mental though.
    • Like x 1
  7. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I personally say don't worry about it. Player vs player engagement is broken so you're wasting your time if you intend to switch powers. Use the power you like and either address it to the devs or ignore it until they fix PvP and powers period.

If you like ice then use ice my friend. Mental is extremely overpowered in a PvP scenario, especially if it's in controller role. The debuffs, tank sheilds, burst damage, stealth, you name it and mental has it. Just forget about that person and enjoy the game the best you can. If not, take a break from it until they fix those issues and then come back to it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Thoughts. And. Prayers.
    • Like x 1
  9. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Atomic, rage, gadgets, nature are all viable against mental and it really comes down to the player & strategy.
    The goal is to keep the mental player stunned as long as possible to prevent; invisibility, reflect pain or the spammable pyrokinesis move.
    Atomic tank is fantastic if you can get into combo & aura ASAP. You will juggle the mental player constantly until death, losing minimal health.