need help building cr

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by paleto123, Apr 30, 2020.

1. paleto123 New Player

is there a guide to building up CR? im level and my cr is just 34. i've been doing BoP and tier 1 dungeon to get equipment. everytime i open a loot chest i either get 1-2 cr up or no upgrade. is that the only way?
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’m assuming you’re new so first things first. Welcome to the game.

Anyways, gaining cr these days is very easy. The more important things are going to be sp, artifacts, and rotations/roles.

To gain cr as fast as possible do everything possible in your on duty that shows will give you source marks and the open world stuff tied to those dlcs. For this week source marks are doubled btw so it will be even faster. When you beat a boss that gives you a choice item look at your gear and choose the option that would replace the lowest gear. After you do all on duty/open world stuff use check your cr and look for a vendor that sells the height possible gear for you. You will usually find it in the watch tower for hero’s or hall of doom got villains. Buy the gear that replaces your lowest possible gear from the vendor. From there check if your cr increased at all so that you can do the next dlc. If not head over to the bop area and do the event versions of the on duty and open world. But when you get those marks save them. Repeat those daily.
    • Like x 1
  3. Brit Loyal Player

I recently jumped a character's CR from 88 to like 220 with the current event. I will provide a little bit of information and a little bit of advice.

First is how CR works. The CR in a crude sense is sort of like an average of your overall gear. Certain pieces, like Chest, Legs, and Weapon, get weighted heavier (the same way you've probably noticed they have a lot higher stats than other slots). Other spots like Mask, Rings, and Necklaces get weighted a lot less. But basically, they look at what your overall gear is and they give an average. This means that having just one piece of gear that is significantly behind everything else can really weigh you down or hold you back, and getting one piece that is far ahead of everything else can sometimes jump you up an extra point or two just based on that one slot.

Attuneable Gear, the ones that you click on the box and it turns into gear, like the rewards from the BoP dailies and the piece that you get out of the Vault, those create a piece of gear that is based on your current CR. They do not by default create something that is going to be an upgrade.

To see the best results, you will alternate between two methods.

Look at your current gear. If the level on your items are all fairly close to the same, then the best result that you are going to see from attunables is a tiny 1 level different, and it will take doing that across several slots to see a full 1CR increase, because it's based on that average. So, if your gear is all roughly the same level, then it is time to go to the Mechanical Vendor in the Watchtower/Hall of Doom, and purchase a piece of the tier gear. Buy the piece that will replace whatever slot has your lowest level item.

When you look at your current gear and it seems at those your item levels are sort of "all over the place", with a decent spread between them, now is the time to use attunable items. You want to use attunable items specifically for whatever slot has the lowest item level, and it will jump it up to the average, basically the halfway point between your bad stuff and your good stuff. This can see increases of several points on that slot, and can allow just one spot of gear to sometimes jump you an entire CR point on it's own. You will keep doing this until the gap between items starts to become very narrow again.

And once they start getting close, it's back to the mechanical vendor to spend your Source Marks and buy tier gear, repeating step one.

The biggest change this means is not necessarily immediately using your attuneable gear the second that you get it, or not necessarily spending your Source Marks as soon as you have enough. Save them until they will provide the largest possible benefit.

Something else to be aware of, in the way of attuneable items. The blue mission rewards will give an item that is always +1 level above what a green would have been. The purple ones will give something that is +2 levels above what a green would have been. So generally speaking, if you see a purple or blue, take that one, even if it's not necessarily the slot that you need. Just huck it in the bank until it's time to use it. In general, I use Green attuneables first, and I save the blues and purples for the point where I've got everything at the same level, I'm stuck, and I either don't have the Marks to afford more vendor gear (like when we hit some of the Episode Specific currencies) or when I'm stopped just shy of qualifying for a higher tier of tier gear and I want to unlock the bigger upgrade tier before making the purchase.
    • Like x 1