Necromancy Powers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Harlequin_Nox, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

NECROMANCY
    The Necromancy Trees are Mortuus and Animus.
    This version of Necromancy is designed for the Tank Role as a Might-based Power.
    The colors for this Power are black and red, with tertiary hints of green.

Power Interactions:
    Necromancers can control one Risen pet for every 1000 Dominance they possess, to a maximum of 5 Risen.
    If a Necromancer is at their maximum available Risen and summons more, the Risen with the lowest Health despawns to allow the summoning.

Adds that are Knocked Out with 3x stack of Necrosis, Mummification, or Incorporeal effects rise again as pets.
    Adds that are Knocked Out with 5x stack of Vampirism effects rise again as pets.
    Adds risen by Necrosis become Risen Soulless. Risen Soulless Taunt the Necromancer's enemies.
    Adds risen by Mummification become Risen Mummies. Risen Mummies provide Power over Time to the Necromancer.
    Adds risen by Incorporeal and allies defeated while Ghostly become Risen Shades. Risen Shades provide Healing over Time to the Necromancer.
    Adds risen by Vampirism become Risen Vampires. Risen Vampires Leech Blood from enemies, healing themselves and inflicting Vampirism on foes.

Risen Skeleton attacks inflict a Diseased state on their victims. Skeletons are the weakest of the Risen.
    Risen Banshees use a Sonic Scream cone attack that debuffs and knocks down enemies, but does not Damage them. If the Necromancer's Dominance is high enough, there is a 1% chance of the Risen Banshee's Sonic Scream will cause instant Knockout of an enemy.
    Flesh Golems are beastly creatures that are slow and hit hard.

Risen pets stay with the Necromancer for 12 seconds before automatically despawning.
    Risen Vampires stay with the Necromancer for 20 seconds before automatically despawning (NOTE: Leech Blood is the only ability in this powerset that adds the Vampirism effect).
    Diseased Enemies take more damage from most Necromantic powers.

Note on Combos: Though Combos are listed with some Abilities above, none of them are actual Abilities. Instead they are either a single additional effect at additional cost (as in the case of Voodoo Doll), or an opportunity to change the effect of the Ability into something else. They are only referred to as Combos due to the key combinations required to generate the desired effect.

R&D NOTE: Suggested Item - Effluvium Petard; This small grenade deals no damage, but upon detonation enemies are coated in a putrescent goo and become Stunned by the foul odor, gaining the Diseased effect.

MORTUUS TREE
    Mortuus powers focus on controlling the entropic forces of decay and death.
    Specializing in this tree grants +5% Critical Attack Damage and +35 Health.

Tank Role: In the Tank role, Dominance is increased by 100%. Using super powers increases your total Health by 60% plus 2.2 Health per point of Dominance, increases your healing received by 80% and increases your Restoration when wearing item level 81 or higher gear. You will also attract the attention of enemies causing them to attack you, rather than allies. Finally you gain +3 Perception, improving your chances of detecting enemies using Stealth

TIER 1
    Chill Touch: Touch your enemy to make them feel the cold of the grave. (Single Target Melee attack, adds Necrosis and Chill Effects.)
    Damage Role: Increases all damage by 35% until the hit counter resets.

TIER 2
    Breath of Thanatos: Mid-ranged cone attack, adds Diseased effect.

Interment: Rest in a cozy wooden coffin, protecting you from damage and quickly healing you. Coffin explodes with AOE attack when you emerge, Dazing nearby enemies. Usable while Controlled.
    Tank Role: Provides immunity to control effects and removes control debuffs to you. Applies Breakout and prevents Controller debuffs for 3 seconds.

Putrefaction: Imbue an area with decay, affecting all those within (Long range AOE; Enemies gain Diseased and Necrosis effects. Diseased enemies take additional damage. Allies attacks become Necrotic.)

TIER 3
    Homunculus: 35% SC. Temporarily reduce your Maximum Health to summon a Homunculus. Homunculi provide the Necromancer with Healing & Power over Time.

Rise of Osiris: 50% SC. The Necromancer sacrifices all Risen to piece together a single Flesh Golem. This power fails if activated while the Necromancer is not commanding any Risen.

Rigor Mortis: Long Range attack; pulls Target toward you and adds Mummification effect. Encases Mummified Targets.
    Damage Role: Increases all damage by 40% until the hit counter resets.

TIER 4
    Hand of Glory (Target is transformed into helpless Torn Spirit and takes burst damage. Adds Incorporeal effect to Target. Enemies in AOE centered on Target will attack victim.)
    Damage Role: Increases all damage by 45% until the hit counter resets.

Energy Drain: Release a crackling ray of negative energy at your target, stealing its life force to renew your own power (Mid-ranged Single Target attack, restores Power). Adds Mummification.

TIER 5
    Three Volleys for the Dead: Mid-ranged AOE attack that does three bursts of damage; rifle animation. Adds Incorporeal effect. Diseased and Necrotic enemies take additional damage.
    Animation - Seven Shades appear in a circle around the area of effect, point their muskets at the center, and fire three times before fading away.
    Damage Role: Increases all damage by 50% until the hit counter resets.

Call the Shambling Horde: Summons three Risen Skeletons to fight for you.

Masque of the Red Death (Batlike Vampire Lord Form; Gain Flight and cannot make weapon attacks in this Form, grants 5 Abilities: Leech Blood, Plague of Rats, Shroud of Night, Boon of Anubis, Resume the Coil) Available in Damage Role only.
    Buffs: +7% Critical Ability Chance, +40% Damage (sustained while in Form), Risen gain +25% Damage (sustained while in Form).

MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH ABILITIES
    Leech Blood: Drain the blood from an enemy, causing them damage and healing yourself. Adds Vampirism effect. Breaks Stealth.
    Plague of Rats: Summon a plague of rats to stun and attack your foes. Mid-range AOE. Adds Diseased effect. Retains Stealth.
    Shroud of Night: De-taunts enemies and cloaks your movements (Stealth). Usable while Controlled.
    Boon of Anubis: Encases enemies in a standing sarcophagus and does Damage over Time. Adds Mummified effect. Breaks Stealth.
    Resume the Coil: Exit Masque of the Red Death Form. Retains Stealth.
    • Like x 7
  2. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

ANIMUS TREE
    Animus Powers focus on controlling spirits of the dead and manipulating the souls of the living.
    Specializing in this tree grants +1% Critical Attack Chance and +25 Health.

Tank Role: In the Tank role, Dominance is increased by 100%. Using super powers increases your total Health by 60% plus 2.2 Health per point of Dominance, increases your healing received by 80% and increases your Restoration when wearing item level 81 or higher gear. You will also attract the attention of enemies causing them to attack you, rather than allies. Finally you gain +3 Perception, improving your chances of detecting enemies using Stealth

TIER 1
    Memento Mori: Cause your enemy to see terrible hallucinations of their own demise, forcing them to claw at their own eyes. (Long Range, Induces Panic. Adds Incorporeal. Retains Stealth.)

TIER 2
    Ashes to Ashes: Heal yourself and your weakest ally. Adds Ghostly effect to ally; if your ally is Defeated, their Risen Shade will appear where they fell.

Voodoo Doll: Using a Voodoo Doll, the Necromancer lifts his victim into the air and hurls them away from him. Dazes enemies, leaving them Knocked Down and Stunned.
    Combos: The player may choose to add extra effects to Voodoo Doll by entering one of the combos below at additional Power cost.
    Voodoo Pin - Hold Melee; The Necromancer sticks a pin in the Voodoo Doll, thereby causing great pain to the victim, Damaging and Rooting them.
    Voodoo Break - Hold Range; The Necromancer snaps a limb of the Voodoo Doll, thereby breaking one of the victim's limbs to Damage and Crush them.

TIER 3
    Loa Rider: The Necromancer opens themselves up to the Loa, allowing one of them to possess his body for a short time. Adds Incorporeal effect to enemies damaged by this ability.
    Animation - A large Veve of the Loa possessing the Necromancer appears over his head, then fades as the Necromancer takes on the appearance of the Loa possessing him.
    Baron Samedi (Info, Image): Default - No Combo; While possessed by The Baron, enemy attacks heal the Necromancer and cause damage to his attacker.
    Papa Legba (Info, Image): Tap Melee, Hold Range; While possessed by Papa Legba, nearby enemies and allies below 50% Health receive Healing over Time while enemies and allies above 50% Health receive Damage over Time.
    Maitre Carrefour (Info, Image): Tap Range, Hold Melee; While possessed by Maitre Carrefour, nearby enemies and allies below 50% Health receive Damage over Time, while enemies and allies above 50% Health receive Healing over Time.
    Ogum Onire (Info, Image): Tap Melee, Hold Melee; While possessed by Ogum Onire, the Necromancer's Precision is increased by 10% and Weapon Mastery combos do additional damage.
    Marinette of the Dry Feet (Info, Image): Tap Range, Hold Range; While possessed by Marinette of the Dry Feet, the Necromancer is Immune to Control Effects. Additionally, the possessed Necromancer's mere presence causes Damage over Time to nearby enemies and allies, inflicting Burning to those near him.
    Tank Role: Use of this ability restores Power over Time.
    Damage Role: Increases all damage by 40% until the hit counter resets.

Koschei's Shroud (Lich Form: 100% SC, +50% Dominance, -35% Incoming Damage. Weapon Attacks cause Mummification. Risen take 50% Damage and Despawn Timers are doubled while in effect. Available in Tank Role only).

Haunting Banshee: 25% SC. Summons a Risen Banshee.

TIER 4
    Feast of the Dead: The Necromancer sacrifices one of the Risen to restore Health to the other Risen and renew their Timers. Restores Power over Time.

Tzantza: Holding the shrunken head of a dead enemy aloft, the Necromancer hurls it at the ground and smashes it open, freeing an aspect of its spirit. Breakout. Usable while Controlled. The Necromancer may only invoke one aspect of the spirit at a time, as below.
    Tzantza Arutam: Default - No Combo; Sacrifice the spirit to protect you and your allies (Gain an additional 50% Control Resistance and reduce incoming damage to Risen by 10%).
    Tzantza Wakani: Tap Melee, Hold Range; Sacrifice a portion of your soul (10% SC) to gain a temporary burst of Power from the trapped spirit. This ability simply fizzles and fails if the SC bar is not at least 10% full (Breakout aspect still works).
    Tzantza Muisak: Tap Range, Hold Melee; Sacrifice (Take damage equal to) 5% of your Maximum Health to deal an equal amount of Damage to a single Target. Diseased Targets take additional damage. Use of this ability can cause Defeat. Adds Incorporeal effect to victim.
    Tank Role: Tzantza Arutam provides Group Breakout and Group Control Immunity to you and 3 teammates; Tzantza Wakani restores additional Power over Time after the initial burst.
    Damage Role: Increases all damage by 45% until the hit counter resets. Damage from Tzantza Muisak to Target is doubled and explodes outward, causing additional Damage to other nearby enemies and Stunning them. Adds Incorporeal effect to all victims.

Lethe's Waters: Conjure a pool of water from the Underworld, renewing your Health and damaging enemies. Adds Incorporeal to enemies. Your attacks cause Incorporeal for a short time.

TIER 5
    Recite The Necronomicon: Recite the dark chant of the Necronomicon, enhancing the abilities of yourself and your allies. (Buffs: +20% Might, +7% Critical Attack Chance and +10% Critical Attack Damage.)

Danse Macabre: Perform a macabre dance to gain the favor of the Underworld (Example or Example orExample). Risen perform the danse in sync with the Necromancer. Group Breakout.
    Tank Role: Usable while Controlled. Provides immunity to control effects and removes control debuffs to you and up to 7 teammates. Applies 3 seconds of Breakout and prevents Controller debuffs for 3 seconds.
    Damage Role: Vulnerable to Interrupt. Increases all damage by 50% until the hit counter resets.

Death Knell: The low, slow chiming of this bell (Sound Byte) causes distress to all those who hear it, especially the foes of a Necromancer. Long range AOE that Damages enemies and randomly either Roots enemies or causes Panic and adds Incorporeal effect. Enemies below 35% Health take additional Damage.

• Like x 6
  3. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

*great job* - Griffin McElroy
  4. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

I must say, I always go: "How can they add new powers to the game without it becoming repetition". This shows there is plenty more they can add if they would prioritize it after the Electric/Nature revamps.
    • Like x 1
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

you havent seen sorcery have you? thats pretty much necromancy its just not called that. It can summon things and cast spells ect. Like necromancy.
  6. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

Pets are used in several Powers. There is a world of difference between Sorcery and what I have done here.

Please read the post again.

I can only conclude from your statement above that either you have not done so, or you are simply trolling.
  7. Nemisor Committed Player

saying sorcery is like necromancy is like saying Pantera sounds like justin beiber.....it's all music:eek:
    • Like x 3
  8. Oleandis Well-Known Player

I actually really like the suggestion. I think it would be a pretty cool power to play, and definitely something that would require a lot of practice and focus to be a strong tank.

Thumbs UP!
  9. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

Thanks! :)

Though... do you think the Tank Role is under-powered, then?
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

your correct I didnt read it because I simply think if powers are to be made they need to be miles apart and sorcery and necromancy is 1 of the same idc how you slice it.
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Seeing how as we have the "Necromancer"
    Style in the game. I don't see why this couldn't happen.
    +1 to the op.
    A few questions though:

Are the pets meant for tank role only ? DPS typically don't have 1000 dominance to spend, even if they spec'd for it.

Why vampires? Necromancers in any mmo, are typically the ones who raise little minions or undead people like skeletions.

Suggestions:
    Recite The Necronomicon: Recite the dark chant of the Necronomicon, enhancing the abilities of yourself and your allies. (Buffs: +20% Might, +7% Critical Attack Chance and +10% Critical Attack Damage.)

Move this^ to tier 4, or below.

All of the other powersets can access self or group buffs at level 12 or lower, so this will be fair.

Make one of the powers get a nice 35% finisher, again all powersets have this.

2) Limit the amount of pets tanks can have in PVP.. (Just saying, it'd be a pokemon mess if tanks could spawn all 5 pets)

Things I think that should be removed or changed:

If the Necromancer's Dominance is high enough, there is a 1% chance of the Risen Banshee's Sonic Scream will cause instant Knockout of an enemy.

I think this should be a supercharge effect.. Make SC'S more useful.

Justin beiber sucks though :p
  12. omegahawk74 Committed Player

WOW, well I use a sorcery healer and his dps side here and there and I will say it so is not like necromancy. I do how ever think that a necromancy power would be very cool and I think that if they did this and did it right there would be like 1000's of necro players around. I would make one just for the simple fact of creating a vampire type toon and actually having a power type that would work with it's look.
  13. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

I should think it obvious that I put a fair amount of work into this.

I am all for constructive criticism and dissenting opinions, so long as they exactly that - constructive - and the person has shown enough respect to actually take a look at my work before offering said opinion.

Constructive criticism this is not, and even food critics who write a bad review at least sample the food before offering their opinion.

But to disparage this without so much as a glance - simply because you don't like the premise - displays a disconcerting lack of consideration for others and a remarkable level of callousness. Honestly, it makes me feel bad for those who would call you their friend.

And this is all completely disregarding how preposterous your logic is when we are getting Water Healers and we already have Ice Tanks - when those powers bear more of a similarity than what I have posted here does to Sorcery.

Normally I thank people for responding to my posts, even if they do not agree with me, because they've at least taken the time to hear me out. I cannot do that here because you have not taken that time and I do not feel gratitude for your post; I can only ask that, in the future, you actually show that courtesy not only to me, but to everyone, before posting.

It is, after all, the minimum level of respect anyone can expect from someone on a forum.

Thanks! And great catch on the Dom, btw. :)

Honestly that was just a holdover from when I began work on this. It went from 500 Dom to 750 to 1500 to 1000 as I was trying to figure out the best way to limit the number of pets. Had I thought about it, once I had put the maximum in place, I probably would have removed the Dominance requirement altogether. Please disregard it, as the Risen are intended to benefit both roles and certainly would not make it past any kind of testing phase (If only I should be so lucky).

I am thinking you probably caught this, but this Powerset allows the Necromancer to summon eight different kinds of pets; 6 Risen and 2 that are not (Flesh Golem and Homunculus). Of those 6, Vampires are only one kind, and can only spawn while in the Masque of the Red Death Form (or soon thereafter). I included them because the powerset has a clear focus on the Undead, and I felt to not include them would leave it feeling incomplete.

But there are still Soulless (Zombies), Mummies, Shades, Skeletons, and a Banshee. So I think we're golden. :)

Agreed. I will have to take a closer look at this and add it in a later post.

I think I know what you mean, but could you give me an example so I can be sure, please?

On these two points I will have to disagree.

PVP:
    The only Risen that are summoned directly from a power are Skeletons and the Banshee.
    So, for there to be a complete gaggle of pets in PVP, you would literally have to focus your attacks on the pets of another player, stack enough effects for them to become Risen, and kill them...
    or summon the Skeletons and the Banshee, for 4 total pets.
    And even then, they only stick around for 12 seconds as opposed to Backup/Henchmen that stick around for about 50.

Banshee:
    Since the Risen Banshee does no damage and only serves to debuff trash adds, I feel like most people would look at it as a SC that fails 99% of the time in regards to the One-Shot. I don't think anyone would care for that, and if she did damage instead I think the pet would lose a lot of its uniqueness.

Agreed.

Very well thought-out and constructive post. Thank you! :D
    • Like x 1
  14. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

lol you bring up water to help your case? I for 1 dont water should even be happening.
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

and how dare you try to shame me or ppl I hang around base on MY opinions.
  16. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

I did not say anything derogatory about your friends, and all I said about you - in so many words - was that you were callous and disrespectful, which you are continuing to be now. Please leave this thread. Thank you.
  17. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Awesome job! Your making me drool and cry at the same time. The thing is, Shadow has allot more potential, popularity and backup to be a power, but who knows, maybe elements of this will go in there and the power is called Dark Arts instead. But I'm a fan of death...! Not creepy at all. I will be sure to bump this when it comes to mind.
    • Like x 1
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

35% finisher powers are powers that typically have a channel to them, and when the enemies health is below 35% you do extra damage, here's the list of them for the current powersets:
    Snuff out-(Fire powerset)
    Impaling Ice..(ice powerset)
    Photon blast( gadgets)
    Terrorize(Mental powerset)
    Impaling thorns(Nature oiwerset)
    Final Ruin(Sorcery powerset)
    Sandblast(Earth powerset)
    Light blast(Light powerset) (Note light blast is one of the few aoe type 35% finishers in the game, as most are single target)
    Ionic Surge(Electricity powerset)
    Energy Explusion(Quantum powerset)
    E-chain(Note here that E-chain is the only 35% finisher that doesn't have a channel towards it) (Rage powerset)
    Small Package(Munitions)
    Geiger Beam(Atomic)

Defile(Celestial)

If necromancy had something like this above^ I think that would help it a little bit.

It does sound cool, I've played necromancer in other MMO's, especially the combo part of the powerset sounds unique in that aspect.
    • Like x 1
  19. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

You forgot Defile! How dare you!

EDIT @Harlequin Nox: Don't Forget Nekron and Hades, both of which have elements and raise nonliving.
  20. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

I just began working on a Shadows Powerset this evening. It would have been last night after posting Necro, but it took me a while to think of a new mechanic.

What I've come up with is a sort of Shadow State similar to Atomic's Glukon-whatever Aura, that makes your weapon attacks do both Might AND Precision Damage with a +10% Critical Ability Chance (this may be OP, it is just a very rough idea at this point). Additionally, I want to include chaining combos for four abilities in each tree, and add a unique Ability you can combo from SC's only while the Shadow State is in effect.

This is all very rough still, but what I'm getting at is this: I'm on it, Bro. ^_^

Oh - and thanks! :D
    • Like x 1