Necklace of Omptinence

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Blinder, Nov 23, 2015.

1. The Blinder Well-Known Player

I was just wondering is this necklace the best necklace in the game at the moment. I got it like 3 months back on my 1st raid in the place which dropped it, yes I got it on my first run LOL. Is this still the best neck piece in the game or not. I got a level 100 neck piece but the stats are worse on it compared to the necklace of Optimence.
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

It is not. The omni neck lowers your CR thus lowering performance potential.
    • Like x 2
  3. The Blinder Well-Known Player

Lowers entry level for raids and instances. Not performance level considering it gives me better vit, I'm a controller. Thanks for the advice tho
  4. The Blinder Well-Known Player

I just feel like I shouldn't un equip it becuase of the better stats.
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

In that case if it only lowers your CR by 1 or 2 I would say wear it. But for DPS and tanking the old omni items are a bad investment.
    • Like x 1
  6. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

Healer or troll can still benefit from op gear...but DPS and is a big no bc DPS damage is based on CR and tank damge in is based off of CR...

But they do look really cool and are shiny...at one point I was grinding grinding grinding for neck...got it.....did the same for mask...got it.....now they take up space in my bank....I know it's all luck, drop rates and all....but I put forth more than averag effort for op stuff...for them to los their luster so quick is a little disappointing...shiny tho
    • Like x 2
  7. The Blinder Well-Known Player

You were grinding an it took me 1 run. Kinda sad in a way.
  8. The Blinder Well-Known Player

I remember when the raven in wastelands dropped gear. I got my whole t5 set I believe it was in just 1 day while others gridded for weeks. It's messed up aha
  9. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

I have a lvl 80 Helm of Omnipotence. I still wear it even though my CR is currently 136. It lowers my "equipped" CR to 132 but the stats on the lvl 80 item (with the exception of two) are from 100 to 600 points higher than a CR helm in the 118 to 120 point range. Am I correct in understanding your comment that the CR level of the item was more important than the listed stats on the item? That a Toughness stat 600 points higher is not better simply because the CR gets dropped. Defense, Toughness, Health, Resto, Vita, and Dominance all from 100 to 600 points higher than the higher CR helm don't count as much as the CR level? Strange. Suppose I will have to change it out.
  10. TestReporter Loyal Player

If you are a troll or a healer it's fine but you can have troubles surviving in alerts and raids like DC and UM, if you are a dps or a tank it's not worth using because of GU47.
  11. WildcatHunter Committed Player

Toughness is a pvp stat it could be 20k higher and not benefit u in pve. As for the other stats 2cr makes a larger difference in highest content than probably 300 might or prec not to mention the way cr differential would negate the health stat increase. Basically the higher your cr is the more damage you do and less damage you take. Remander did a nice study of how things like sp and mods effect damage goes as far as giving percentages and such but the gist is cr is king everything else is negligible.
    • Like x 1
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

So the TLDR = CR is a direct multiplicative factor in offense and defense now? That's what I'm getting anyways.

I wondered what specifically had changed : after coming back the first thing that I noticed was that the way defense scales changed. On lower level adds ... well, ever seen a 168K damage come out of a weapon critical? It wasn't doing that when I left. Meanwhile, running the same 'new' content after a change of maybe 10 CR (and only 2-300 Might / Precision, tops) the damage jumped from a mid-range 3 digit hits to a more reasonable '20-50K final strike' amounts - nowhere near max gear, that's just the space between 116 and 127 CR.

Cool cool, that confirms an important observation.
  13. WildcatHunter Committed Player

Yeah let me give you some helpful links that explain the what and why things changed
    This was the original change

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...t-flattening-cutting-through-the-hype.250491/

This is the readjustment because people couldn't be troubled with mechanics in raids they can only steamroll

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...te-and-adjustments-to-stat-flattening.256107/

My personal favorite explanation of why it needed to happen

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ive-cr-scaling-what-the-heck-are-they.249944/

And a quick guide with some numbers on how dps are effected by different variables this breaks down and shows you where as a dps you should set your priorities

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...cts-of-sp-and-modding-on-dps-the-data.263856/
    • Like x 1
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I also missed the advent of Type A B C D affinity mods for the Generator - got a link explaining that too?
  15. WildcatHunter Committed Player

• Like x 1