Nature Savage Growth Double-Fire

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Sore, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueMarvel New Player

Strong in you, the force is.
  2. tyler durden New Player

ok op i see your point about this glitch. +1. but im thumbs downing this to let you see we still can.
    • Like x 1
  3. TrueMarvel New Player

Oh! I downvote. Maybe the devs didn't listen at all.
  4. tyler durden New Player

hahaha.
    • Like x 1
  5. Sore Steadfast Player

meh.
    • Like x 1
  6. tyler durden New Player

dont be sad im gonna thumbs it back up later. just wanted you to see thumbs down is still gloriously possible.
    • Like x 1
  7. theTHRUSTER New Player

It's getting worse. Last night I had briar triple cast in a duo. I did notice its more likely to occur when lunging immediately after the power. I use 2 handed when i dps and now I basically set the controller down after SG or briar and count slowly to 10 before starting my combos for fear of a double or triple cast. Sytenia said its happening with fire's backdraft, I know lightning's electroburst is affected, I wonder if there are more powers experiencing this problem?
  8. Sore Steadfast Player

In my case, I follow up Savage Growth (mapped to X) immediately with Vine Lash (mapped to CIRCLE). Oftentimes I am tapping CIRCLE quickly to get it to register the first opportunity that the Savage Growth animation has completed. I don't observe it if I take a little time and just wait out the animation. It doesn't seem limited to the actions I've just described, as the previous poster isn't just casting a power after SG...he's casting a weapon attack after SG. I don't think it matters what that second button press is triggering.
  9. Dump Truck New Player

The new downvote is awesome... you can view who trolls the bugs sections and downvoates every bug in the game. Thanks for not contributing.
    • Like x 4
  10. King Atom New Player

And here I thought I need a new controller,this issue has been happening to me since a while now glad to know its a bug the double casting and not just me.
  11. theTHRUSTER New Player

A Gadgets league mate notified me last night that his napalm grenade will occasionally double cast.
  12. Sytenia Committed Player

I'm still trying to find a way to reproduce it on command but I cant, I've had it happen with backdraft and two hander a few times again but it's usually in the middle of a lot action when I'm tanking so it's rather hard to figure out and think back what I was actually doing that moment.
    Does anyone get this with other weapons than two handers?
  13. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I was double casting Briar last night. I don't think it is limited to just Savage Growth. I think it has to due with the "lock in" state of combos. Though I thought this only affected weapons. The idea is that if you continue your combo mid animation you can lock in your next hit (this is how you can tap block once to block a slow animation from say Brawling as that player locked in his next hit without thinking ahead). As far as I am aware this lock in feature should not be affecting powers.
  14. theTHRUSTER New Player

Shards from the Earth power set behaves the same way. Double & triple casting on a regular basis. This problem is widespread throughout all the powers it seems. The real bummer is that Nature takes the biggest loss since SG & briar don't stack and an extra cast is nothing more then a waste of power & time. Sadface
  15. sAssyCc Well-Known Player

Yea it's been happening with savage growth for awhile :( but more annoying for me when briar does that messes up my rotation
  16. Gunny New Player

Not bad actually. This does affect powers actually now that you bring this up. I actually make mistakes in this with fire which results in my infernos/other powers being used before I would like them to be. It seems possible that these double-casts people report are actually an invisible "power quene" that can be set up for you in certain situations.
  17. Sore Steadfast Player

Recently i was having SG fire in my rotation even though I cast it like 3 powers ago.
  18. Sytenia Committed Player

I just had this happen again with Savage Growth.
    What I was trying to do was use Savage Growth once and then use Harvest but it somehow did Savage Growth twice.
    This was with a one hander weapon so I guess it doesnt have much to do with the weapon you use unlike what I was thinking earlier.
  19. Skiwattentoten New Player

This glitch is annoying as it gets because of the time & power waste.

In PvE I never have this happen to me because with the bow I usually hit a triangle tap afterwards.

In PvP I have this happen non-stop, using brawling where I'm always streaming into a square hold or tap from SG (mapped to square)
  20. Itazuki New Player

I have this happens during healing all the time. Even had someone complain to me about it, saying I was spamming. SG needs to be looked at... Only problem is it is completely random.. So we can't identify what triggers it.

It has been brought up here and there on forums for a long time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.