Nature healing NPCs and pets

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Leonite, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Leonite Well-Known Player

I am coming back to this game after more than 2 years. I have a nature healer and on every raid with two healer runs, I always end up with less healing done than the other healer especially when there are multiple friendly NPCs in the raid. I have no problem with this at all since these are only numbers and what's important is that we finished the raid.

Later I was told that healing done to NPCs and pets are counted towards your own heals. In my nature loadout, only Flourish can heal outside of the group. Is that the reason why my numbers are low?

Anyway, like I said above, I don't care about the numbers. I am writing this up because pets have become popular in the latest episode and I can't seem to heal them just like NPCs.

How do other nature healers feel about healing the NPCs and group pets? Should I bring in cross polination? combat log says my heals from cross polination averages 2K while flourish average is twice that but maybe cross polination is better with healing people from outside the group? Thank you
  2. Leonite Well-Known Player

Might I add, I cannot go healer mode in bounties because I cannot heal other people attacking the bounty. Like I've said, I've adjusted but I want to know if other nature healers are having to do the same.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Cross Pollination is the NPC/Pet heal. What loadout are you using/artifacts/spec?
  4. Leonite Well-Known Player

I am running with Savage Growth, Metabolismm, Blossom, Flourish, Bloom(raid) or Shield(alert), and Regeneration
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Take Bloom off, Savage Growth and Bloom overwrite each other and it's not a great heal.

Try: Savage Growth, Metabolism, Cross Pollination, Flourish, Swarm Shield, Blossom.

Cast SG, Meta and CP (these are your main HoTs)
    Cast Flourish and CP every time they come off cool down. Flourish keeps your HoTs up. CP heals up to 16 allies (PC and NPC) within range and keeps health bars topped off. CP's heal also gets stronger the more allies there are.

Swarm Shield and Bloom are for emergency situations.
    • Like x 1
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

There are 3 pet healing abilities for nature.

Cross pollination which is the best of the 3. However if the group is spread out than it’s not the best.
    Bloom (channel) which heals all allies within a certain range.
    And flourish which is a burst ally heal that heals within a certain range.

Overall healing Pets is not that needed but you should be careful to know which one of your abilities can heal pets. When running with an earth tank healing pets could make a difference even if it is a minor difference. In open world mission and boss you can heal other players outside your group with these 3 abilities.

When it comes to running raids there will be people who care about the scoreboard more than finishing the raid unfortunately. This goes for both dps and healers. And unfortunately when running with none league members can also mean that if the raid doesn’t go well they will be quick to point fingers. Even if you are healing the group more and the other healers is healing npcs more some may still be quick to blame you. That’s why I prefer running with league members.

I’ve seen trolls and dps our heal healers because they run the supply drop and philosophers stone. So just learn your power and see how each abilities work and you will learn when to use each one.
    • Like x 1
  7. Brit Loyal Player

I run this identical loadout.

The only variation that I have is, as I have a 160 Page of Destiny, I also cast Metabolism at regular intervals to refresh the healing safety net.
  8. Leonite Well-Known Player

Thanks for the suggestions. I will replace bloom with cross pollination. I was using CP before but replaced it after seeing low numbers from it in combat.log. Plus, the real reason that I enabled combat log is because I was not happy with the heals from CP and it just vaidatied what I felt. Anyway, I will give it another try with pets around. Thanks again!
  9. RoBotkin Well-Known Player

If you really just want top healing then use a supply drop on top of an npc.