Natural talent Feat, Pro Athlete Feat

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by valiant Villian, Mar 4, 2021.

1. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

So do I need to respec for this and not put any SP into superspeed?
    • Like x 1
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Yep. You cannot have any SPs spent under your movement mode. May be best to get a temporary armory to keep that allocation so you don't have to keep resetting your SPs every time you want to attempt it.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Will that even work? Doesn't an armory become invalid when more than 11sp are unspent.
  4. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

What are these feats? Sound interesting. Do they give titles? If so and if they're doable I might try 'em on one of my less beefed up toons that have little to no skill points in movement mode atm.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You would just put the unspent SP into a weapon or iconic power, doesn't matter just anything but movement.
    • Like x 1
  6. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I think it's more than a percent of your total SP because I've seen armories go invalid when 10 SP are not spent... but that was back when max was closer to 500.

If you're setting up an armory to save that particular build you can always go up to it, go to the Activate menu, and "Activate All" to get the build even if it is invalid for use with the quick swap.

I wouldn't even imprint armor/gear to that armory anyway unless you intend to use it for a particular build of that character after you have completed these feats.
  7. Darth Piper Loyal Player

These are feats under Races. The idea is you have to score a platinum medal in an expert or an adept level race without having purchased anything under your movement tree. I think I did the one by Gotham University (expert?) and Little Bohemia (adept?) when I did these on a character that's got flight as a movement mode. The feats do not differentiate. You can do it with one character, any movement mode, and if you change movement modes you won't get a chance to redo it like you do the other feats for completing all adept and all expert races for that movement mode.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Having 10 SP unspent has always been the limit it's not percentage based. Having 11 or more SP not imprinted will make that armory invalid. Unless they changed it, it's impossible to not imprint gear, when setting up a new armory there is only the option to Imprint All.
  9. Darth Piper Loyal Player

You can take off all your gear before the first imprint. :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Shalayah Committed Player

Instead of leaving those points unspent. Just have one point unspent on your movement power lol. The rest can go into whatever you’re building your character to.
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

actually go to your respec station and reset all your skill points and then warp out to the race you want to run with zero skill points allocated to anything. when youre done you dont have to do anything...just hit your armory and everything goes back into place. you dont need a separate armory build or to respec anything. very easy.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not true. You can imprint 'naked' I do this on many of my low level farmers because I don't feel like re-imprinting 'junk' toons who will likely take months to get enough SP to require an imprint. It does not need to be the first imprint either. You can take a fully imprinted toon and strip down everything...even soda...and imprint all as long as you have all your SP in (up to 10 missing even). I like doing this so that as I get new pieces of gear, assuming I feel like applying them to a farmer vs salvage, I can just apply and move on...salvaging the old.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

2 ways as others have suggested. 1 would be just to go in and respec...then apply all but the SS movement point...then go to the races and give it a shot. This is great if you feel like you will be able to get it done pretty quick. Otherwise as soon as you need to pop your regular armory, you have to go respec again to give it another shot...might be tedious if you are not sure you can knock it out on the first...second...or 100th try. Especially true if you plan on doing other things while you also work on the feats.

The other way I do it if I'm planning on taking a shot while doing 'other' stuff, is I'll re-imprint my actual armory (dps usually) and leave out 4 points for flight(ss+ the resistances....you might just be 1 point if you don't use the other ticks in 'movement)). That way, if I want to take a break and do other stuff, I can pop my 4 points in and resume normal use, popping the armory to go back to no SS improvement any time I want. When I've completed the races and get the feats, I pop those points in and just go re-imprint, vs having to respec again to apply MORE than just that 1 point. This is basically what Darth suggested, just on an actual 'in use' armory vs a temporary one.

It's also nice because when I warp into Gotham/Metro and need to boogie to where the race is, I can pop SS in, get there...then pop armory to 'remove' the SS point and try the race.

I'll also echo what Darth said about which races to do. Gotham U and Little Bo are completely doable without SS in (flight at least). There are others (I used to do one in Midtown till I tried the Little Bo one), but these are the best IMHO. If you are acrobat or speed, good luck to you....Not sure how anyone gets these 2 feats in those modes or which races to try.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's a neat trick.
  15. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

OP was talking about superspeed though, and the easy races for that would be (nothern?) Chinatown and near Old Star Labs, both in Metropolis :p
    • Like x 2
  16. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I remember there's a list somewhere of the recommended races for these two feats for each movement mode. Web searches seem to all put the adept race in Little Bohemia regardless of movement mode (flight, acrobatics, super speed). I've seen talk about Gotham Mercy Hospital for one of them (acrobatics?) and most folks go with Gotham U for flight expert because of the zombies at the beginning... because when you do races you are still targetable by adds in the street and that will kill the race for you.

I found this six year old video for SS:
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Best bet for those zombies is to kill them, then run over to start the race. 99% of the time they are not respawned by the time you go past where they are located. Having a good shield can help too, pop it at 2 of the 5,4,3,2,1 count and it's sometimes still on when you blow past...depending on the shield.
  18. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Just got both feats using lil bo and chinatown. Thanks for all the tips and suggestions.
    • Like x 2