Name Validation And Cross Play

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Powerhouse70 Well-Known Player

Youve obviously never seen the video of the person who linked something like 23 solid state hard drives in a raid array and downloaded an entire hd movie on a t11 connection before the same DVD could be thrown out the window and actually hit the ground.

Extreme example, but 2 solid state hard drives in a raid array are still faster than one.

I also think youre underestimating the dedication of most computer gamers.

500 bucks is considered a budget gaming build by most of us....and thats still 100 dollars more awesomeness than a brand new PS4.
    • Like x 1
  2. Lacedog Loyal Player

It may of already been mentioned. But does this mean eventually paying legendary ps players will have access to the pc test server?
    • Like x 2
  3. Captain Just New Player

/slowclap

This is an interesting development..
    • Like x 1
  4. Agent Flores Committed Player

This is the best news i heard so far. One question though, What will happen with leagues that have a PC and a PS league name? One I can think of off the top of my head would be JusticeGirls. Just curious in case leagues run into the same name league that is either run by the same members or separate people.
  5. Benn 10 Committed Player

This truly made me laugh out loud. Ahaha
  6. Radium Devoted Player

Honestly, I'd say that SSD encompasses 20% of the gaming market for Storage.

Its growing year over year, but the high budget PC gamer is still far from the norm.
    • Like x 1
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Some words are invalid.

There is a name filter that does not allow you to use invalid words.

So words like Spawn, Avengers, Marvel are invalid.
    So the name filter will not allow their use.

Even if there is NO Blue Marvel character in the game......
    the name filter will not let you create a Blue Marvel Character.

But words like Blue,, White, Ranger are valid. So you can use them.

So you cannot make a Blue Marvel character because Marvel in invalid......
    but you could make a Blue Ranger... or a White Ranger character if no one is using that name because blue or white is not invalid....
    and I assume Ranger is not invalid.

Hope this makes sense.
    • Like x 1
  8. Eminence Dedicated Player

Lol I hope that all 20 of you pvpers on the pc side can huddle up more often.

Clutch and his boys(hope brothers) will be the team to beat when this happens tho..
    • Like x 4
  9. Solar Well-Known Player

Money, money, money,money...MONEY.

Ya! get people excited about old names becoming available so they buy name change tokens. But wait after it is all done let them know there is a good chance they wont get the name anyways because the devs forgot to mention a little thing about cross platform name validation. Something that may or may not even happen.

You can add this to the list I have been keeping lately.

1. Have a holiday sale where you sell the same item twice but the first time was more expensive then the second time.
    2. Black Friday sale where people bought market place cash and your system glitched out so they didn't get the cash. Of course they weren't allowed to get the items they intended to buy with the cash once the received it days later. Nor were they offered their cash back.
    3. Separating powers from DLCs will make it easier and quicker to implement them. Also they can charge an additional fee to premium users who used to get the power included when the bought a DLC now they have to pay separately for it.
    4. Putting cash purchase (for premiums) legends in PVE Legends feats. In the past you bought the DLCs you could get all the same feats as a legendary, now either buy the legends or buy legendary.

It's piling up and I am actually one of the most positive people in my league about this game.:oops:
    • Like x 2
  10. Eminence Dedicated Player

I think you guys might have all of One Pieced come out of retirement. Can't wait, let's just hope they do some heavy balance before this.
    • Like x 4
  11. BigAl Devoted Player

Does that mean PS players would have rights to the Test Server? Well dang, they won't have anything to complain about then would they? :rolleyes:
    So, lemme get this right. They are working the servers to make them viable for cross play? That explains why my game lags bad on PC now...they made it as good as the PS servers. o_O
    • Like x 3
  12. RAM23Wolf New Player

I hope the devs start sharing & responding to ideas soon. This Falsely advertised Name Reclaim has already annoyed & upset many people. Now I'm dreading & will probably stop playing DCUO if my CR111 170SP main loses his name to a Lvl3 2SP placeholder just because they made their character a few months before & haven't touched it since.

I've lost a lot of faith in DCUO today & if this merger is as poorly planned as this Name Reclaim Event, I will give up DCUO. I don't mean to be "that" guy who is announcing his retirement from DCUO, but Like many people here I put a lot of time, effort & money in to this game & my characters, so I really would hate to be cheated out of my original names to placeholder characters.
    • Like x 3
  13. TheWhiteFace New Player

Honestly, this is going to be really painful to get through at first. Then once it's done the hope is that it will have been for the better. The big concerns I have (and I don't doubt that SOE will not let me down) are the advantages PC has (i.e. better rolling) and the server lag. Again, as I stated in parenthesis, I do not doubt that SOE will fail in fixing the PS lag and overall the game in general.

I'm not concerned with names since my name still stands on my correct character (and/or ID). I I'm excited for this new change and I really want to play with and meet people like The Enquirer, Clutch, Sabigya, and many more with my main character. Personally I believe that this change will make things interesting in terms of patch notes and such.
    • Like x 1
  14. Predicament Well-Known Player

Question for cross play. Is there going to be a way to merge PC accounts with my PSN account? I have both PC and PS DCUO characters and would like them to universally be linked.
    • Like x 2
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, that would be one way to equalize things. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  16. Zeyten New Player

if they're both active, would seniority decide which account keeps the name?
  17. Kristyana New Player

At launch the only real filters were profanity laced names and official DC/Marvel characters. Since then, the list of banned names got a lot more expansive to include different franchises, celebrities, etc.

At one time I had the names Sarah Palin, Barack Obama, George Bush, Ron Paul, and Hillary Clinton. I made them for fun on the CFB server then deleted them. Tried to remake them a few months later for laughs and it showed the name was invalid, not taken.
  18. Sore Steadfast Player

I'm very excited about this news. I'm not worried about the little stuff. I'm just looking forward to being able to play with more people I've run across via the forums or SOE Live. I'll have to get my filthy hero up to tier.
    • Like x 6
  19. Hemmy Committed Player

Since this thread is going so fast I'm posting this again.
    Okay so I have seen this question here a lot and want it cleared up ASAP!

I pay for legendary on both PS and PC I have characters I want to keep on both. I have more than 30 characters across those two platforms. I have leagues with the same name on the two different servers. I have characters with the same name on both platforms. I want to play my PS characters while I travel on my PC.

Can someone answer any of these questions as I'm sure at least one (probably more than 1) of them applies to a lot of people, PLEASE HELP US OUT DEVS! you can't make an announcement like that without addressing these essential questions! I know that this is in the planning stages and isn't complete but to announce something like this shows that you either have confidence it's going to happen and have already thought of these things, or that you haven't thought of them and REALLY need to check yourselves.

Having ranted about this, if all those things above are cleared up in a good way and makes a majority of the people happy, I'll remain SO GOD DAMN EXCITED FOR THIS MY TONGUE IS TURNING YELLOW! Good job on finally addressing this and please I love DCUO so throw us a bone!
    • Like x 2
  20. AgentX44 Committed Player

Sore, will you be updating dcuolive to take into account this names database merge? Would be now nice to be able to check both PC/PS at the same time with just one click. :)
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.