Name Validation And Cross Play

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will Power Loyal Player

I just did a search on the Census site of Sore's and I couldn't find the Will Power from the PC version could that mean he was inactive for a good bit?
  2. KnightFalz Active Player

That it wasn't foreseen by the provider of a superhero MMO game, and especially by their community manager, that not presenting this information to their players beforehand would cause issues for them is, quite frankly, astounding.

Most of the time I feel complaints on this forum are fairly groundless, but this is unquestionably a poor show and quite disappointing.
    • Like x 8
  3. ChuckLess New Player

This is a popular misconception. I have never met anyone that uses macros. Speed hacks are almost unheard of and I have no idea what a "turbo controller" is.

Macroing would be difficult to really use in this game due to NPC's blocking and countering.
    • Like x 4
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Damn well better not.
    • Like x 5
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I guess when the crossplatform happens.... you will have to rename at least one of them.
  6. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Aside from that valid point if view,
    We can wreck face together without switching platforms.
  7. AgentX44 Committed Player

• Like x 1
  8. HersheyKiss New Player

How does pc have an advantage? All u PS players always claim PS is better and has the better players and thats PS3 doesnt hold this game back. But as soon as there is talk of merging serves now pc has an advantage? SMH
    • Like x 2
  9. Renly00 New Player

I'm still confused because there's names that are not taken on both uspc n usps yet I'm unable to claim them....this is really frustrating.
    • Like x 1
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

True, but what about the latency differences between PC and PS3? I think it'd be a mess, TBH.
    • Like x 1
  11. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

And for those names that are neither in the PS nor PC that have not been opened in the last 18 months, don't exist in game and still cannot get them?
    • Like x 1
  12. Kristyana New Player

One question, and suggestion.

Is the plan to basically have a cross-platform Suicide Squad, where players can be grouped into the same instances, or will we all share the same open world as well?

If it's only for instances, why not do what almost every other game with cross-server play does? In dungeons and instances, add the server moniker to the player.

For example, in other games, when there's a cross server instance, my name would be Kristyana[Server name] and only displayed for that instance.

That way if Radium and Myself were put in a group, my name would be Kristyana[PC] and he would be Radium[PS]. We're still separate players, and in the off chance we get put in a raid with our identically named counterparts, we're still separate.

Then after the instance, we go back to our own servers, and our names are the same.

This leaves everyone's names intact, we would't have to change them again - and it solves the problem that players with the same name on both PC and PS are going to have, or the problem two different active accounts with the same name will have.

Hell, you could even add a third line beneath the League/Legion tag over our heads. <PC> or <PS>, even in the event of a server merge.

I would think any of those options would be better than locking out cross-platform names entirely.
    • Like x 12
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Also I love DCUO so before you do this, straighten out the server lag. It's just going to be an absolute nightmare if you don't. I do not want another GU3.
    • Like x 7
  14. TheChromeKnight Well-Known Player

Hmm. Interesting.
    However, as I said, my friend created NEW characters with names that were previously taken. Not using rename tokens.
    The tokens did check. I logged into my account immediately after the maintenance was over, and saw he had been renamed. Logged into him, used the token... name was already taken. The guy must've beaten me by either seconds, or only a minute.
    It was most certainly first come, first serve. Not intentionally. They said it was time invested on the character. But its not what was delivered.

I'm just afraid we're gonna see that happen again.
  15. Kristyana New Player

A lot of it had to do with the negotiations between PSN and Warner Brothers.

There was a mass banning about a year ago because someone found a loophole (that has since been patched) to be able to log onto the PS servers from their PC client.
  16. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

I always knew it would be Inevitable for me to see the likes of One Piece, Disqualified, The Replacements, SolidersOFLight and AmericanHero on battle plane across from me ;)
    • Like x 5
  17. Radium Devoted Player

Thumbs up for the name drop.
    • Like x 2
  18. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Oh yeah.. the lag has gotta get straightened out. Along with the name issues
    • Like x 1
  19. Xolag Well-Known Player

Agreed, now is even more difficult the merge because most of players have years playing the game will be sad and difficult for someone have to change his/her name, but if they are doing this, I hope they have taken into account all aspects of this big change.
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Some names are invalid even if no one uses them.

For example any name with Spawn in it will be invalid...... even though there are already lots of spawn in the game.

So although someone was able to make a ShadowSpawn 3 years ago......... if you try to make a PinkAndPurpleSPAWN now..... it will not work even if no one is named PinkAndPurpleSPAWN because of the SPAWN part of the name.

Hope this makes sense.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.