Name Validation And Cross Play

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheChromeKnight Well-Known Player

That wasn't my experience at all.
    I know someone who created NEW characters the day of the mega merge with names he knew were taken before it.
    ALL the names with conflicts were changed and the originals became first come, first serve.
    (jerk move? sure. but it proves a point)

My main lost his to a guy who was originally from the same server, who started in early access like I did. (I happen to know who the guy is).
    Older account? no. Logged in first? apparently :p
  2. Coreyrose75 New Player

My question is, what about Legendary memberships? Will PS3 users now get full access across all SOE games like the PC users?

Also, will we be getting access to the test servers on ps3?
    • Like x 4
  3. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

I smell cross platform tournaments in the future. Oh the fun we'll have. :D
    • Like x 4
  4. Kristyana New Player

Apparently it was based on time played. I didn't know this and stand corrected.
  5. winter13 New Player

There are too many competitive advantages for PC players over PS players. I hope a straight server merge never happens, but it looks like that is the direction they are going. You think pvp is bad now, wait til the PC speed hack, macro, turbo controller crowd joins the game. This is a very disappointing development.
    • Like x 12
  6. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

7. Omega Boy Committed Player

That was a seperate issue. Rename tokens weren't checking so multiple characters had the same name & it was first come, first serve between those. The tokens have been around so I doubt they'd make that mistake again.
  8. Twisted Titan Committed Player

I'm all for cross play but I think there will be even more name concerns. What about League names? How will that work?
    • Like x 7
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

On the USPC PVP server on the Villain side...... the population is very small.

It can take quite a while to get a team for a mission sometimes.

Heck not long ago.... there was 3 of us in the HoD...... just to give you an example of how low the population is.

So a merger would be appreciated.
    • Like x 6
  10. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

Well the initial question I was going to ask got answered.

That said, the possiblity of Crossplay is interesting. Hopefully all the people I have gotten to know on the forums from the PS side will let me play with them when/if it does happen.
  11. MrMigraine Devoted Player

This was my first thought! :)
    • Like x 4
  12. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

While I was going over some stuff with DevDirt he did allude to something being made that will allow PS users access to PC test but it wasn't ready yet. No idea if this is it or not yet.

Also macros are available on all platforms, not just PC. Not saying that you're saying that, but it is a very popular misconception from everything I've read here.

That being said I'm looking forward to finally meeting a bunch of you in game :D
    • Like x 7
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

All I can say is my main better not have his name "modified," because of some level 14 toon named Remander on USPS.
    • Like x 18
  14. King Felsa New Player

What you just said is extremely rare. Also, the people that do that are horrible and not any type of competition.
  15. Xolag Well-Known Player

IMO the player who have more time played in a toon should have the name.
    • Like x 4
  16. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I have a toon on uspc and one on usps.... they still share the same name.
    Will it become mandatory to change one of the names now?
  17. Belthazur Dedicated Player

OK So what about League Names? How will this be addressed. Seniority rules or a -PC, -PS option?
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Odds are the people with the same name will get a rename token.... and whoever rename is character first will get to keep the name.

Maybe??:oops:
    • Like x 1
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

As someone else asked a bit earlier, I would also be very interested to know if if/when Cross Play comes into effect would those of us with both a PC and PS account be able to possibly merge the characters into one account, or even do a one way transfer from one account to another? The name I want for an Ice character on PC is taken on PS already, but it's actually my own character. I don't really want to delete the PS one in order to free the name because he has all the back from the hack stuff and I'd like to hold onto all that for sentimentality and all that jazz.
    • Like x 2
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

Agreed, but I would still feel bad for two players who both have toons with a lot of playing time invested, but the one who has a few hours or such more get to keep the name. One of many things that makes a server merge seem like a bad plan to me.
    • Like x 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.