Name Validation And Cross Play

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobburt Committed Player

Cross Play for DCUO... one thing I hoped would never see the light of day.

Well shoot.
    • Like x 6
  2. Radium Devoted Player

People wanted a reason as to why it even happened, this is probably the best one they can give.

The refund/money issue is still pertinent though.
    • Like x 2
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I play on PC using a controller..... am doing fine when playing PVP.

So if players are using macros.... it does not matter because I beat them up as well as when I play on PS3.

Actually better then on PS3.
    On PS3 when facing a PS4 players.... it is not rare that I am dead before I am even finished loading.
    • Like x 2
  4. TheChromeKnight Well-Known Player

THIS is what I was afraid of. ^
    • Like x 11
  5. Kristyana New Player

I would imagine the same way after the megaserver merge - older account keeps the name, newer account gets a free token.

Of course, the merge happened when the game was relatively young. The "newer" account in this case could be three years old with a 200SP 109CR toon.
    • Like x 2
  6. Mermaid Dedicated Player

While I'm still furious over the miscommunication, I am really excited for this! This means we can play with our PS side JG's!
    • Like x 5
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Oh no.
    • Like x 4
  8. hoaxone Committed Player

If anyone still plays this game 2 years from now to see this cross play...
    But nice coverup for this mishap I say
    • Like x 2
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

What about those who have an account on both PC and PS3???

Will we have the option to merge our accounts so that we can have just one account??

Will we be stuck with 2 accounts even if we will now be able to play on both platform???

Just wondering how this might play out.
    • Like x 7
  10. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Does this whole thing worry anybody else ? I'm starting to think it means that the playerbase for all servers is so small that they are almost forced to do this. The only DLC that has been announced beyond the current set of trilogies is the Krypton one, they seem to have no plans to drop PS3 and now they are doing this. I'm starting to think that maybe when people say the game is dying and I've always said no it's not, maybe I've been in denial.:(
    • Like x 9
  11. Xolag Well-Known Player

in other words the merge would be real? :)
  12. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Sounds like there were a lot of questions that needed to be asked and answered before this whole idea was brought up . I'm curious to what's going to happen to my characters names when this cross play happens it wouldn't hurt for you guys to get ahead of this and let everyone know.
    • Like x 1
  13. King Felsa New Player

5s is gonna be VERY interesting. Hope those PS players have been practicing...
    • Like x 8
  14. Omega Boy Committed Player

Mega server merge went by playtime instead of creation date. That seems fairest.
    • Like x 3
  15. ChuckLess New Player

How in the world are they going to deal with the economy? Prices on the PS server are far higher than on PC. Would the brokers remain on different servers?

Is this just for Q'd instances?
    • Like x 2
  16. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Its been "dying" since 4 hours after launch, game is fine

The community on the other hand.. well thats a different, PS and PC will clash -
    • Like x 5
  17. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

I don't want to play play with the spambots
    • Like x 5
  18. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Interesting, have any bugs been discovered/explained about names that are not on either server but are unavailable to claimed?
  19. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Wait, so that means there will be even more name changes in the future ?:eek:

Thank goodness I own the name on both servers, now I feel bad for players that are going to have their names changed that have possibly had them for years and only on one server.
    • Like x 7
  20. Kristyana New Player

Hell of a way to find out about this, I must admit :p
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.