Name Toggle on self.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Thechemicals, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Thechemicals New Player

Do this game have this feature? I would like to toggle my characters name for video purposes in the future so i dont appear nameless in events. I believe this is an important thing.... thanks.
    • Like x 1
  2. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

If you're the one recording, your name shows up on the top left section of the screen where your health and power bar are located, so there's no need for it to be over your head.
    • Like x 1
  3. Thechemicals New Player

I disagree. In a group, a nameless player can be hard to track on video. The only proper way to track him is by searching for the person who has no name. Thats not right. The toggle name feature is popular in many mmos, and it was left out in this one.
  4. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

I respect that, but how would the nameless player be harder to track if not only his or her name is located on the top left corner, but you're more or less seeing the game from their point of view (Sort of, anyway). It's not that difficult to see who's the person recording. If it was a PvP match, I'm sure all the overlapping names would be more frustrating, to be honest, and adds more clutter.
  5. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I'll give you a tip, if it's from their point of view, they are at the center of the screen always.
  6. Thechemicals New Player

I believe it would be aesthetically pleasing for video events as well. Something wrong about seeing a all league members names but not the leader who is frapping the video, so he/she remains nameless.
  7. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Again, except for the top left corner of the screen...

The person who takes the video will be in the center of the screen without a name above their head. Their name will be by their health bar in the top left corner of the screen.
  8. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

Back to my original post, you're not nameless, top left of the screen says your name. You're always in the center. People wouldn't possibly get confused.