NAME, LEAGUE, SP, ROLE, AND PVE/PVP CR OVER HEAD

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gargamond, Oct 17, 2013.

1. BumblingB I got better.

I'm sorry, I can't understand the words that you are saying. Excuse me while my character doesn't get into raids because I don't have cr100 and 175 skill points. I may be honest, but when people are asking for outragious requirements just so they can even get remotely to that point, yeah I'm all for the liars. The only people that need to see things past whether or not they can queue are people that have egos to bruise or lazy. Oftentimes both.

Here here! (Or is that Hear hear!?)
    • Like x 3
  2. Gargamond Dedicated Player

I don't want screenshots. I want data above your head. And I haven't called any one specific person a liar.
  3. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Obviously you don't get it.
    • Like x 2
  4. Gargamond Dedicated Player

I get that this subject makes you very uncomfortable and defensive. What I don't get is what motivates you in that regard. Who are you trying to stick up for? Are you defending someone? Do you feel my opinion is a personal attack on someone you know? Your league, maybe? Well, that's not my intention. If that is the case, I apologize, but my thread stands.
  5. alloygt Well-Known Player

This...this is why simply reading the post in question got under my skin too. I've played since launch minus a 1 year hiatus just before fos 2 dropped, I've never even had a walk in done for me because I choose to truly earn my gear for my own piece of mind and I will gladly show you my gear any time you choose. I have nothing to hide and the insinuation that because were disagree with you would mean we were lying about our stats and disagreed to "save face" is a rather pointed insinuation.

I personally disagree because I don't feel as though we need further discrimination or drive a larger wedge between player bases. The real solution to rectifying the issue most folks, not all but most folks, have with "bad" players, which let's face it is a large reason why folks keep asking for higher cr and sp when forming groups, is to have a better system in place as a role tutorial or, now stay with me on this one folks, we as players could help out the community as a whole by not alienating folks and include those who wish to learn and enjoy the content in the content.

now I get that this isn't the only reason for this request. I understand that some it stems from the immediate gratification needs our society has instilled in us. So a higher cr / sp player is more likely to burn through things faster than an entry level player. Likely but far from a guarantee after raven farming. So here's an idea, if you are wanting to smash through content you could always network a group of folks who are on the cr / sp level you are looking for and run content with them, or shout for T5 group for whatever content you're running or inspect...that is after al, why it's there.

So instead of adding to the problem how about we just use the state. We already have that works...if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    • Like x 1
  6. Gargamond Dedicated Player

My intention is merely to save time for people who have put forth the effort and already spent the time. It's all about time. I can't stress that enough.

Inspecting is slow, asking for SP is honor system based. I think this will streamline a lot of things about our social community. People who need the same feats will pretty much end up together this way, whether in leagues, raids, PVP groups, what ever. People who are on the same level should run content together, because it is more beneficial to ALL people involved.
  7. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Okay, I'm going to spell this out.

You replied to my post, and in your reply you state that some of the people making the same argument as me are lying. That, by direct insinuation calls me a liar. You've apologized, it's over as far as I'm concerned. Let's move on.

Who am I sticking up for? I'm sticking up for the GREAT players in this game who are sitting at CR 98 because people won't let them run Nexus or Paradox. I'm standing up for the people who spend half their gaming time trying to get into instances only to get kicked because of some number obsessed bully who has created his own standards of who he or she will run with.

This isn't me, I'm geared, I have the SP, if anything your suggestion will make my life easier. I'm more interested in how do we make the game fun for everyone.

This forum in particular is full of threads about why the game is dying. I'll tell you a big reason people quit, it's because of elitists who have decided that other people aren't good enough to play with them.
    • Like x 6
  8. alloygt Well-Known Player

personally I'm defending the defenseless, it's in my nature to stick up for the little guy, the alienated and the cast aside. This is why the most rewarding job I've ever had was tutoring underprivileged students...for free...there was nothing better that seeing that child whom society casted aside and said wasn't worth the extra effort to reach suddenly go from an underachieving uncaring to child to a proud striving student who was ready to take on the world. Giving them a chance that no one else would allowing them to see what they can accomplish for themselves and teaching them how to set goals and reach them was amazing. This is the same nature that has driven me to climb my way out of the poverty I was raised in and now free from all of that and having helped my family to do the same I am returning to school in my 30's to gain a degree jn law enforcement pushing on for my masters I. Hopes of not only helping my community but helping to educate others seeking that same profession.

so who am I defending you ask? I'm defending those players whom the elitists have pushed aside in favor of easing their time running content. Those players have a right to play as well and adding something like a calling card above them that screams please discriminate against me in favor of making your choice to play with only people on "your level" easier for you is not a way to include people but alienate them further and at best all it can hope to achieve is limiting our beloved game to a colony of elitists. So I'm sorry if someone who comes from down-trottened discriminating background finds discrimination a tad irritable.

now I'm sorry if that offends. I'm sorry if the term elitist upsets anyone but by refusing to play with anyone who you do not deem worthy based on a statistic is in fact elitist. Now while that may not be your personal intent Garamond, implementing this would in fact foster further elitism.
    • Like x 7
  9. Gargamond Dedicated Player

No, the game is dying because FF XIV and GTA V came out while DCUO had effed up loot tables in Nex and Dox. But that's neither here nor there. Elitists are only selective in who they play with because they are fed up with teaching people how to play this game. I can honestly tell you I don't want to teach. I want to take one look at someone and say "that's our guy", and I think game mechanics should support that.
  10. Gargamond Dedicated Player

That philosophy is the opposite of mine. I favor speed and efficiency, and I have a lot of fun playing this game fast. You sir, are a saint, and are far more patient than I.
    • Like x 1
  11. alloygt Well-Known Player

surprisingly not the first time I've been told that I'm more patient, but definitely the first time I've been called a saint, lol.

I can appreciate that you're preferred style is that of speed and efficiency; and while I'd argue that efficiently can be achieved regardless of stats via a larger picture view of the grouping as a whole I understand the longing for a faster run simply because there plenty of folks in society as a whole have developed a need for speed, just look at the rage some folks get when streaming a movie and it has to buffer for 30 seconds, lol.

while I may not agree with having our "vitals" displayed for the world to see I do understand your perspective and can only hope that you can see that of those of us who disagree.

that said I will accept whatever the powers that be decide going forward ( not that they have even chimed in on this ) but mostly I just want the community to learn to accept each other as equals if for no other reason than we are all gamers playing a game we all love...I'm just fearful that the separation between hierarchies will widen and actual begin a snowball effect that leads to a demise for our beloved game.

/ steps off soapbox
    • Like x 1
  12. Gargamond Dedicated Player

I highly doubt, given the history of game updates and new tiers, that player hierarchy will ever have huge gaps. It seems like every few months, a game update comes out that makes playing lower level content faster and easier. Remember when we only got one piece of Tier 3 gear about once a month or so? Now, you can hammer out all the t1-t4 styles inside a month or two.

No, sir. Progress is fast, all the way up to endgame content. Did you know that you can get to CR 99 without ever setting foot in Nexus or Paradox? And that is why I think people should know these things about each other faster, so that the challenge of the game isn't ruined for the new players, and the speed isn't ruined for the experienced ones.
  13. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Full iconic 86 gear from Gotham wastelands, and a face from the trigon alert, and t5 mods will score you a CR of 99 without even setting foot in Nexus or Paradox. Nobody is stuck at 98. Besides, when I see people pugging Nex or Dox, they ask for CR 98 anyways.
  14. Yallander Loyal Player

Great another elitist thread wanting to "see" people's stats because someone thinks players have to be so far over geared to complete anything...

I wish they would just remove CR entirely from being visible by anyone and make it like PVP ELO--something only the system knows and uses. Players can, have, and will continue to complete content with much less than the crazy requirements others are making at this time. That system may work for the Korean MMO, but DCUO already has enough problems with players asking for ridiculous requirements, don't give anyone more reason to exclude additional players.

My vote is a big fat
    No!
    • Like x 5
  15. Gwalir Loyal Player

I would not like this to be introduced since I believe there would be times that still wouldn't show the whole picture.

For example, my main character is a Nature DPS with a CR of 87 and 108 SP, and yet I consider him only equal to a T4 due to the fact that he was a Gadget character until recently, and I'm still learning his powerset. However, under what you propose, it sounds like you would take me over someone who was 85 CR and 100 SP, who would probably do more damage than I.

Also, you would have to account for the fact this would affect new players as well, who may have Skill Points in wrong spots or powers that are best used for their alternate role, yet would still be picked over someone more experienced due to having higher CR or SP. I couldn't tell you the number of times in T1 and even T2 content I've encountered Controllers who have no moves that give power, or a DPS who tries to use a Healing loadout. I also couldn't tell you the number of times I've ran my alts with players who had more Skill Points and a higher CR who couldn't keep up due to my being more experienced with the powerset.

I've always been of the opinion that CR counts for about 20% of a characters effectiveness, Skill Points for about 5%, and actual skill for about 75%, so making it so we can only measure a quarter of a character's effectiveness would not give a clear picture.
    • Like x 1
  16. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Perhaps it was crappy because they wasted time putting irrelevant info above players heads?
  17. Poo New Player

As I like to say... take out the scoreboard and most of the games player issues fade away...
    • Like x 2
  18. Burnt New Player

IMO that's way too much info to be floating over toons heads. Might as well add height, weight, favorite food and if they're pet owners or not.
  19. Whiteroom New Player

I just have to say again that this is a terrible idea. Really really terrible. Lets divide the community further and clutter up everyones screen far more. Instead of attempting to ruin the game for many, maybe find yourself a static group of 8 and only run with them. If the numbers mean that much to you, you can just praise each other for how buff their skill points or CR makes them look.
  20. Spoofer New Player

Then next people will ask to add gender, age, country, phone number, home address and occupation.