NAME, LEAGUE, SP, ROLE, AND PVE/PVP CR OVER HEAD

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gargamond, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Define visual pollution. Are you talking about power effect animations and outlines? Are you serious? The devs worked pretty hard on both those things. Or are you referring to the name and league lines above characters? Two lines of text. That's polluting your visual experience? I'm sure with a few more numbers up there, it could still be kept at two lines of text. Visual pollution. The game barely has textures.
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Yuck.
  3. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

You answered your question before you asked it
    • Like x 4
  4. alloygt Well-Known Player

This pretty well sums up my reaction at the title alone.

as if the ridiculous shouts for things like " NEED TROLLER FOR PRIME 96^" or "NEED EXP NON NATURE HEALER 99+ FOR NEXUS" weren't bad enough. Not to mention the amount of ninja invites folks with 100 or 101 cr's with 140 + sp would get or the fact that it would discourage casual players from playing, if they were league-less they'd rarely get into anything.

I personally hope that this never gets into the game because there is far too much discrimination in the game anyway.
    • Like x 1
  5. Gargamond Dedicated Player

If the crappiest of MMORPG's have this, then this game should have at least as much, because this game is better than the crappy Korean one that shall remain nameless. Snip that.
  6. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Yuck it up, Chewbacca. Two lines of text.
  7. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

This would be a good idea if there weren't so many players in the game who feel compelled to keep people they feel unworthy out of content. If this had been something in the game at launch, I would live with it, but we've gone nearly 3 years without it, and I say we don't need it, and in fact I think I think it would do more harm to the game than help.

Here's a great example, a new recruit to my league. I'm helping them level up their level 26 toon and we do the circe mission, I'm running backup, mainly just crowd control and power. We get to the end, and I don't realize that missive missions pop up when you walk in. So here I am with a level 26 toon and a T4 boss pops up. This toon held their own and didn't drop, mainly because she didn't realize that she was fighting a boss many times more powered than she was. That comes from skill, it had nothing to do with her gear, or her skill points. She knew when to hit the boss, and she knew when to fly backwards out of range.
    • Like x 2
  8. danielqpk New Player

if I told anyone im CR 92 and have 72 SP.... no invite for me
    let alone them being able to see it... :(
    I sometimes lie about my SP and people still say "you did really good man if you didn't have 132 SP you would have gotten kicked"....

only way I would be fine with this is if, people did not want super omega ultra uber duper over-geared players with gods skill points to do 45-55 min of content.... I still want to do the big boys stuff with a slight challenge
    • Like x 1
  9. alloygt Well-Known Player

well, cat's out of the bag now, lol.

when I shout out that I'm looking for content I regrettably include my cr ... Something like 98cr celestial healer / dps for ( insert content here ). If you don't it takes far too long to get into a group. If I'm starting a raid I never even ask for a cr or sp. I simply go with something like need roles for ( insert content here ).

Or I'll get creative...need warm bodies for raid, must love long walks in icy caverns. Most of the time those shouts get the best groups, lol. One of those netted a group of both T5 and fresh T4 players for a gates run where we ko'd nothing in the first hallway but instead aggro'd and kites everything to the second boss room and activated circe so we could take it on all at once! Even as a solo healer it was a fun challenge to keep the fresh 70's alive through all of that. :D
    • Like x 1
  10. Gargamond Dedicated Player

I think if you had your CR and SP over your head, it would help you find a league that is on the same level as you, and people to run big boy content with. You will need people to skill up with eventually, anyways. Don't get me wrong. Your philosophy is my philosophy. Gear first. SP later. But don't expect help from somebody with 170+ SP to run the flashback duo with you so you can get your speed feat.

A lot of people say SP isn't everything, but SP sure is a good initiation. It shows how experienced you are as a player. SP shows me that I can count on you to know what I'm talking about.

As far as challenge, chances are, the guys with 170+ skill points who were glad you had 130 probably don't want a challenge. They would probably rather do that 45-55 minutes of content in 25 minutes. But the people who lie about their skill points probably slowed things down.

That's why I think your pertinent data should be displayed above your head. So people with comparable skills can more easily run together.
  11. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I do this too. I'm lucky enough (geared enough?) to be 99CR and 136 SP so I pass muster with most groups. But I grind my teeth when I hear the chat as the group is being put together "he's 98? This ain't no baby run" etc.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Makes it easier and faster to alienate and point fingers.

Wipe #1. "That guy has 1 cr lower than me." /votekick
    Don't invite that guy, he only has 104 skillpoints.
    Oh great, we got a scrub in this PvP match. I'm going to just go out and die.
  13. Gargamond Dedicated Player

I've been playing this game for only two years and let me tell you, I have helped so many people that its appalling. I have shown people how to PVP, I have leveled people, I have given people collections, money, mods, you name it i have done it. I have been second in command of 2 leagues, and leader of one. I have recruited entire leagues of people. I have experienced abuse by other players, racism, greed, hatred, anger, and selfishness. My pet peeve is a player who lies about CR and Skill Points which results in raid/match failure.

And I think some of the people who dont like this idea are some of the very same people who lie about such things. I want to see this implemented.
  14. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

You had until this sentence. If you're going to accuse people who disagree with you of being liars, debating the issue with you is pointless.
    • Like x 2
  15. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Hey I said "some", not "all". Exactly whom did I accuse?
  16. BumblingB I got better.

By insenuation, everyone who is posting in the thread. :)
    • Like x 1
  17. Gargamond Dedicated Player

If you can't understand the meanings of words, or the difference between the words "some", and "all", we may as well exchange contact information so that I may show you a Venn Diagram. My insinuation is that I think some people who do not like this idea would openly object to it in order to save face for lying about their data. Where do you get "everyone"?
  18. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I've been doing the grind for 3 years. I remember getting 1 piece of T3 once a month before replays. I know the grind, I know the effort and I appreciate the effort people put into their toons.

Giving that element of the population the ability to discriminate against people who by all means have run enough content to get the gear to meet the CR requirements is a bad move. When the T5 raids and ops came out, people beat it with CRs in the 80s. Was it tough, sure it was. But it was doable. Giving people another reason to decide who is and isn't good enough to run with them will only divide the game even further.
    • Like x 1
  19. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

To explain why my flexsuit is tied up in a bunch, you made that statement replying to me. You want screenshots of my gear, I'll send them to you, but don't ever call me a liar.
  20. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

You know what I wouldn't have an issue with, is a SP requirement to get into raids. But let the Devs decide.