My thoughts on Wonderverse

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Miss Adora, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Proxystar #Perception

If I may offer at least my own personal insight, It's because people in this game play with a FOMO mentality.

They're worried that they'll be left behind and that the moment people are finished with counter feats and any vendor grind that might be applicable and that activities in open world have and do become ghost towns once the bulk of the community is complete.

People therefore flock to these things first and foremost to get it done and will phase on each other and form groups to do so to avoid any phase population caps.

I've not experienced what these bounties are like in a group of just 8 people being around, but that's where you really have to look in terms of difficulty. If these bounties are too hard or impossible for a group of 8 players alone to complete then they're over-tuned and that thought or threat leads to players anticipating they'll be left behind leading to the FOMO mentality.

If you get that difficulty and balance right I think people would be far more inclined to settle down without thinking they have to get in day 1 groups to ensure they're able to complete the content.

Edit: I should also say Mepps, this prospect that people aren't being rewarded because they're playing support is horribly horrible counter intuitive to satisfaction and completing content, people have heard they won't get credit which is forcing people to also stack DPS which inevitably leads to a more negative experience and content being more difficult than it should be if all roles were present.
    • Like x 4
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

This. The scaling mechanic could be a useful mechanism to discourage hardware melting phasing but the time limits combined with massively powerful bosses has made it basically compulsory in a way it just wasn’t before. There is no way a group of 8 is killing these bosses. Hydra seems to require like 40+.
    • Like x 5
  3. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I finally did the raid, not hard, ran into an issue in one room, if one enemy falls in the fire, you are sol, then got to start over. But over all not to difficult, but just feel like the adds go on and on. The art work looks amazing, at least scenery looks good, fun to point out which alert or raid a part came from.

like said it seems the bounties is the main focus of the dlc. I looked at the feats Kill Hades 50 times, kill Murk 50 times, Kill Athena 50 times, kill Stephen Wolf and Kalibak 50 times is nothing new. It's the same stuff we been doing for like the last 10 dlc give or take a couple. Was hoping something new, and all we got was the same old same old. I find this DLC more of a bit let down.

Today I was able to only run 2 characters spent all day just on 2, I don't find that fun at all. Far as bounties goes, since there is like 50-100 players on them, feel like I'm stuck in animation and only getting participation prizes for just being there.
    • Like x 2
  4. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I wanted to followup here since I had a chance to rerun the open world bosses today with less trouble. Significantly less trouble and it changed my impression of the content. I had a lot of fun doing it today.

With less lag I had a totally different experience today. To the point where I don't know what's intended and what's not anymore. Yesterday I got almost no reward for contributing reasonably to each encounter, while today I was rewarded with each boss. I don't know if I missed a link in the sequence of fights yesterday or it was bugged or what the real difference was. But today's loot rewards were more inline with my original expectations.

If this content attunes to difficulty based on the ability of the playermob fighting it, and assuming it rewards like it did today rather than yesterday, then it should be fine. And even become the best way to catch up in the game. It's much more alt friendly in this case and I would have to retract my earlier concern and criticism of "gating meaningful progression" behind group play as a requirement. So, I guess we'll wait and see (as the kinks get worked out) how this is really supposed to play. :)
    • Like x 2
  5. Eve YouTuber

Wasn't feeling my best today so wasn't able to do much. Got abit upset and stressed while healing the alert on my alt, but other than that I really enjoyed the episode so far. The open world bosses are refreshing and so fun to do. (Yes I find it a trouble when I can't find a phase with people who's farming but I usually group with a league mate and I get into the phase which seems like it won't be an option anymore soon due to how they gonna change it. The missions are fun, the raid is just wow. extremely gorgeous. Alert - I only like the Queen Diana fight, but I might change my mind once they fix all the issues there with the UI. Solo's are fun. I'm a fan of solo content so having 4 different variant keeps it fresh and fun. I consider it my favorite DLC now - as a huge fan of Amazon Fury I say this lol.

I'm curious if there will be an additional boss or rewards in the future. Still curious if a bonus week will double\triple both currencies or just one. I hope they continue with this route.
    • Like x 3
  6. Draconiano Committed Player

Not trying to be rude, but you should have taken measures for this BEFORE the DLC dropped, not after, this was obviously going to happen.
    When we will have a fix for this lag fest? In 1 month? that would be too late in my opinion since most people will try to farm all the needed currency in the first weeks, and then there will be no lag because less people will do them.
    • Like x 1
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Any news on the support roles not getting the max amount of Mark's even though they are doing exactly what they do in raids?
    • Like x 2
  8. Brit Loyal Player

While I respect that phasing to a less populated area will resolve the lag, it resolves the lag by guaranteeing failure at the encounter.

There is a very small window of time to defeat the bounty before they "win" their respective scenario and despawn. Either players need to be in a pre-built group and waiting for the boss before the boss even spawns, or players need to swarm in significant numbers to overwhelm the boss, defeating them before the boss can "win" their scenario.

Phasing to another shard with fewer players eliminates the lag, but does it by eliminating the extra players you need to be successful in that narrow window of time before the boss despawns.

The whole reason why the shards are over-populated is because the players are actively using the Phase With to join these over-crowded shards, since without large numbers of people, you will lose the race to kill the bounty virtually every time.
    • Like x 4
  9. Psyfur Well-Known Player

My favorite DLC thus far. I love how it prioritizes the open world. It reminds me of the way mmos were before queues were invented. The only problem I have is not with the DLC, but with the server capacity.
    • Like x 2
  10. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I was in a phase with about 2 groups, and we got our a** handed to us on each boss, we couldn't burn it enough to beat the timer. So less people and less lag but chances of beating said boss in 3.5 minutes goes down big time.
    • Like x 4
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Here's the thing you aren't even trying to consider: How do you fix a problem you can't see? What I mean by that is, there is no way to test server loads of that magnitude on Test server when the population there is an insignificant fraction of what the live server provides (between players phasing, Materials, FX, Auras, and every other thing that needs to be loaded on memory).

I get your general frustration because of the FOMO mentality that has run rampant in this playerbase, but there seems to be plenty in those vendors to work towards to maintain a decent amount of activity for a longer period than what we typically see (especially since there's no loot lock on the OW bosses). Maybe try to remind fellow players that this will still be technically viable for a lot longer and hopefully that might help combat the usual behaviour.
    • Like x 1
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

OKAY I just have to add my vote for a Doom Patrol DLC and SOON! LOL I love that show... Now I did mention this in another thread but you do realize that Cliff will not be able to run around using the "F" word every 15 seconds right? :eek: :p
    • Like x 1
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'll make it up for him.

:p
    • Like x 1
  14. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Ooooo So you curse and scream at the monitor as well? LOL

Serious Note and a minor plea to the dev team. No idea what all would be involved in getting the okay from DC to use them but I really think a Doom Patrol DLC would be great. Heck you could probably come up with a few solo challenges and a duo or two just battling with some of Jane's personalities LOL
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

no i just swear a lot in general...

i've been begging for doom patrol content for years. the idea of going into janes underground for an instance (be it solo, duo, alert or raid) holds promise. especially if it can be done so each time you go in you face different personalities *** boss fights...although it would be a challenge to represent all 64 of her personalities (would also make for a fun feat).

the one area each dlc shines in are the isuals. imagine having danny the street as an open world map...
  16. Draconiano Committed Player

They knew the servers couldn't handle this many people, when they added new bountys on older dlc it was always the same lag fest.
    • Like x 1
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

D-D-D-D-DAMMMMM I love the idea.. I wasn't sure exactly where to have the instances but in those dark and twisted corridors of Jane's mind sound fantastic..

UMmm Dev team are you paying attention.. HIRE WilderMidnight for script ideas :D
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

it would be too cool. could you imagine walking down the street and having "Bona to Vada" float up into the air? I would imagine danny could be used as an open world hub getting missions from Robotman, Negative man and Elasti Girl as well as his own losed off instance, Men from Normal and dry bachelors as ads, we could have the Brotherhood of Evil with the Brain and Mallah, Madam Rouge and General Immortus, the Animal Vegetable Mineral man and Rouge as giant open world bounties (like Doomsday). The basic Doom Patrol suit would work as a nice new slimline style...
  19. BushyTailed New Player

I don't get this bounties either.
    I haven't seen one win since this DLC got life.
    Way to few players in an instance, too few participating, too litttle time.
    Furthermore, I always the confused if I should defead mobs for this event or for my daily mission.
    Therefore I've not seen a raid yet.

And could anyone plase explain to me what's the matter with N'th metal now?
  20. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Sure.

1) Do the missions on the island to complete them. Defeat the mobs just like in every other mission in the game.
    2a) do the island bosses to complete that mission. you have to do them all and *in order* to wake up the Hydra and finish the mission.
    2b) there's thousands of people participating. if it doesn't look like it, that's because you're in a new phase. don't worry, difficulty scales to the amount of people in the fight. you don't need 60+ people to win.
    3) nothing is wrong with Nth metal. you can't use it to level up anymore. you can only use reagents.