My thoughts on Wonderverse

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Miss Adora, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Miss Adora Loyal Player

My first day playing Wonderverse, I'm not a big fan of it. In fact it sounds like more of a let down. It seems it is center around the open world bounties or bosses or what ever you want to call it. The solo isn't to bad, it's pretty quick and much more enjoyable then Lex Tower.

The alert not to bad neither, not as annoying as Volcano by a long shot, not too many annoying videos. However the Poseidon fight came off a little tough at first. Manage to make it through not knowing the fight, but the camera angle I'm not a fan off. Hard to see the water on the ground sometimes. I have the camera span all the way back, and it doesn't help.

Haven't played the raid yet so no comment there maybe I will get to it today.

Open world part, the devs claim there was so much to do, when they say so much to do I didn't expect to be just hunting down bounties. Now we have to find invisible jets and other crazy stuff for feats. Over all just doing the 4 bounties, Hydra, the solo, and alert, and solo missions, all that took about 2 hours.

The bounties went down quick with like 30-50 people easily but the lag could get bad, Hyndra didn't take long but the waiting part took a while. No explanation far as I know of that we had to take down the four bounties before Hydra unless I missed it. So I can see people running around waiting for Hydra to appear but won't.
    • Like x 3
  2. Rainnifer Committed Player

I believe there was sort of an explanation in the weekly mission for the Hydra saying it'll appear after defeating the other 4 bosses as far as I remember.
    • Like x 2
  3. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

This is true but the spawn times ARE a bit on the long side
    • Like x 1
  4. Rainnifer Committed Player

They spawn pretty quickly in order after each is defeated with there maybe being a 10-15 minute delay before the cycle resets, from what I saw.
    It's always Murk > Ares > Athena > Kalibak/Steppenwolf > Hydra (only if all previous were Defeated)
    If some aren't defeated I think it resets eventually without the Hydra spawning at all.

This does for sure make the spawn time for the Hydra itself to be pretty long though I agree.
    • Like x 3
  5. Brit Loyal Player

I found the Bounties just awful. There is a very narrow window of time before the Bounty effective "wins" at their spawn point and despawns, so unlike the bounties in previous episodes, there is no way to simply go to the Bounty and wait for a group of stragglers to gather together. Instead, you pretty much must pre-build a raid group like a normal raid, and then run the Bounties as a team, hopefully with other teams present as well.

Which is fine when you think about the Bounties as being a replacement for a Raid, but a bummer when you think about them as being a Replacement for the normal Bounties an Episode gets.

The weekly mission requires all four, and the second weekly is for the Hydra, so there's definitely not the same easy of taking alts just to bang out the weeklies for a few bonus marks real quick. It is a chore.

It's not impossible. It's not too hard. It's just definitely less player-friendly. Unlike a Raid, you cannot simply queue up for it and get tossed into a group. Unlike a Bounty, you cannot simply stand near the spawn and wait for a group to assemble.

Personally, I wish the despawn time for the Bounties was about 10 times as long, but with the next bounty in the cycle spawning about 30 seconds after any of them were killed. That would afford a much bigger window for players to gather and fight it, which would make it far more viable outside of the primetime hours.
    • Like x 7
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay I'll chime in a bit. Overall I am enjoying it

In the open world we get a lot more variety.... not 1 but 4 different mob groups to battle. And in every area you get the chance to do a little of both.. shoot at stuff and/or click on stuff to get credits.

The bounties? A bit more difficult.. the fights themselves are about the same as usual but getting to them can take longer and that can get a tad frustrating.

I like the solo Not real long but I walk out with two pieces of gear and I've run it on a number of alts at this point. NOW yesterday I ran the thing 8 times and had Nubia as my guide on them all. Today I've had Bombshell Wonder Woman and Queen Diana and while the final boss is always Grail.. I got different bosses for each of the first fight. Variety! YAY!

The alert was interesting but took us a while yesterday. Think everyone was still learning the mechanics , including me, and that slowed us down. I have NOT run the raid YET but I saw a thread saying it has glitch issues so I may wait a bit till I hear that has been cleared up.

Overall I am enjoying it so far. Map looks good and I get to pound on stuff! :D
    • Like x 1
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

all of this could have been avoided if we did a Doom Patrol dlc.
    • Like x 4
  8. MiLady Well-Known Player

The 4 open world dailies are nice variety. Also KO'ing adds with other activities that count toward you total is nice. One bug is that destroying the cache of bombs give no credits, so I just fight the adds on that one.

The 2 weekly boss battles are very difficult. First we have to KO each of the 4/5 bosses before the Hydra will spawn. Otherwise, the rotation starts all over again. Burning the boss while doing other activities is a good mechanic. Unfortunately, lots of players just focus on boss burning, which will cause a failed attempt. I think defeating 4/5 bosses per week is a bit much, especially for people who have several alts that need to do the same thing.

The solo is nice and challenging enough. Thanks for including one for alt heavy players.

The alert was not too bad either. We had some issues with the mechanics, but got through them. Lots of blocking made it take longer to finish. The puzzles were fun. Good job.

The raid was ok. The artwork along the entire path was beautiful. It took a long time to finish because there were lots of groups of adds that needed to be dispatched. (I guess this is ok to increase my supercharge). The boss battles were tricky at first to understand the mechanics, but it seemed to go well with an experienced group who know how to block and pickup.

Good job at this first attempt to make it more open world centric. Hopefully the feedback here will be used to tweak the areas that need to be adjusted. I had hoped this would be more alt friendly, but now I will have to choose which ones to play.
  9. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

Speaking as a person that runs the game solo/duo ( and has since opening day ) much of the time , I find this new "wonderverse" completely un-enjoyable. I cannot count the amount of times my son and I have gone to fight a boss only to have it "win" and get nothing. Hours spent just trying to get ANY of them "killed"... nada..except for a few little purple drop "novelty items". I guess as a paying customer I'll/we'll just to have to stop playing other than logging in for vault until the next dlc. Of course I'll keep my sub current but, this is almost an insult to those of us that don't raid.
    • Like x 4
  10. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I love it so far. The majority of my focus has been on the open world raids because the best time to get those feats is when everyone is spamming it non stop.
    The solo is a lot of fun! We definitely need a Motherbox pet like what Grail Has.
    My only complaints are that I don't get to choose my base mods, and the amount of currency that I am rewarded for the bounties. It said I got the full reward which was 6 Aether. I'll need A LOT of that to get everything I need, and I can see that being a major grind. BUT it seems like this was put in place so people cant just smash through the first month and then complain about being bored, so I can respect that.
    I love that we have Elite weapons, rings and necks now.
    As far as the story, mechanics, etc. I love it all. It's great. It's a lot of fun too!
    I'd have liked to see some of the Norse Pantheon represented, but since Marvel has Thor, I can see why that was avoided.
    • Like x 1
  11. Doomsday234 Well-Known Player

The timer for the world bosses have to go away!! They are fricking Gods we can’t beat them In like 3 mins
    • Like x 1
  12. Apollonia Dedicated Player

This.

Overall I love the content but as soon as I played it this was my take away also. The island itself is essentially a raid. Each bounty is a miniboss. Normally players will just jump in to join but they won't be able to here because their chain of encounters will break. It has to be run with pre-mades basically or the player has to be aware and show up for the first one and go in order. Not many casual players will be on that page. In that way the content is very unfriendly to solo play styles.
    This is how I interpreted the content and this will be how most players will see it too.

It's forcing players to group and play on the Devs' terms. Not really a fan of this. Most games over the last 10 years have been moving away from forced group play because it's unpopular.

The time to win timers need to be expanded significantly or just removed entirely so anyone can join and that boss is up until it's beaten. When this content isn't new with huge crowds, it'll be impossible to complete with small, low geared, and PUG groups. We need some kind of indicator or tracker to show the player what stage/fight they're on and which one has been completed; it would have been very helpful here. I'm not sure why the testers didn't offer that suggestion.

I like that they're trying to do something new here. I even like the content itself. I don't like that I have to rely on others for any meaningful progression. I Loved all the instanced content specifically. No complaints. Perfect solo, alert and fantastic raid (although insanely long and our run bugged so we 3-manned Zues for 40mins).

I'd like to see a couple non-chain bounties added to the Island. Not generic monsters though. Make them iconics related to the content. WonderGirl or Donna for villains. Cheetah or Giganta for heroes maybe.
    • Like x 5
  13. SekretVillain Loyal Player

As a healer if you drop orbital henchman and a pet trinket how in the sam hell does that not allow you credit to the 2nd currency? This is on top of healing pools and shields
    • Like x 3
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yeah... the system seems flawed at best. Or as it did in the past it seems to be geared toward the amount of damage you make.
    As a Troll debuffing and even doing some damage.... raising fallen comrades.... no credit was given for failing.

In DPS role..... I would at least get the 3 coins for failing. And failing we did... a LOT. :(
    • Like x 3
  15. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

My personal thoughts on the this new content:

Open world missions: quick, to the point, relatively easy, adds spawn fast. Able to get the dailies done nicely.

Open world bosses: Not easy, challenging, and spawn times seem to greatly vary. Needs to be more consistent.

Solo on duty: well thought out and put together. Not a lot of annoying cut scenes. Challenging enough. Great job.

4 man on duty: very nice! Well thought, well played. That is until you get to the bridge to Poseidon. From there, it plunges straight down in quality. Screen glitches, powers not seen, can't target, and makes fighting Poseidon VERY much a pain. Need SERIOUS attention and fix.

8 man on duty: so far, run it once. Nicely difficult, good mechanics, maybe a little less one shot from the lighting storms circling the room fighting Zeus, but doable.
  16. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

Personally I think this dlc is a testament to how dumb the community is. The fact that it tells you how to evade every attack in BRIGHT BOLD RED LETTERS, and then people still die. It's kind of annoying. I enjoy finding out mechanics through trial and error. But I guess that's no longer an option, because people can't read lol.

The Solo: Nothing special. Quick i suppose, but if speed is the only defining factor for the solo then it's pretty bad.

The Alert: Nothing special. Kinda annoying with boss taking my powers. Good thing it tells me how to get them back. Because I would never have figured it out by myself. Or the other attacks she uses. Glad the game holds my hand
    now, so fun. The Atlantis part is cool until I lose my HUD and have to stare at the ground to keep it. Probably will take 4 weeks to fix.

Open World Bosses: To be blunt. It's a boring chore. Not enjoyable. Spoon feeds you the mechanics. It's super laggy, bosses take a while to spawn. And you get a participation trophy if you lose.

The Raid: Perhaps the saving grace of this dlc. It looks nice, too bad its just full of ads. Boss fights are cool. Haven't played elite yet.

Over all pretty lame. Especially with the grind.
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

1 thing that annoys me with this DLC' setup(prioritizing open world) is as you all have seen and so have developers when mepps spawn things in hall of doom or watchtower, UI goes crazy WITH extreme lag and disconnects. So why on earth would you create a DLC that's centered around that kind of play?

Especially with not making any changes to your servers beforehand.
    • Like x 1
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

One word.

LAG. ;)

Even with the BRIGHT BOLD RED LETTERS....
    sadly.... with the LAG..... you block too late because of the delay. :(
    • Like x 4
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The phases are not properly respecting the population caps. When your client performance is degrading, you're with more people than intended (by 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x sometimes). Finding a different phase might be a short term solution, but we are also working on the core issue.
    • Like x 8
  20. Rainnifer Committed Player

Unfortunately at the moment just finding a different phase wouldn't be a viable solution for most because that would most likely risk their chances to defeat the open world bosses with how it's all set up.
    • Like x 5